Natural gas geneator. What do i need?

I was thinking about abussing geyser near my base. I never have done gas generator so what i have to keep in mind? Do i need like hall for the gas and the generator. I have also seen people using water at the bottom of hall. Is it necessary?

"Sorry for bad English"

Normally the geyser will be outside your base in the swamp biome, meaning you will have a pool of polluted water around anyway. Like Kasuha said, put on mesh tiles towards the pool.

Keep the geyser walled in. You do not want the gas spreading around. Put a pump up there at the Geyser, wall it off, build a wire bridge and connect it to HW wires.

The bigger issue is CO2. As mentioned  you should scrub it (as I'm doing now) eventually. You can get away with it for a while with storing it, but in the end you will have to get rid through scrubbing. I'd say store until you have sufficient means to clean polluted water.

2 hours ago, turbonl64 said:

Normally the geyser will be outside your base in the swamp biome, meaning you will have a pool of polluted water around anyway. Like Kasuha said, put on mesh tiles towards the pool.

Keep the geyser walled in. You do not want the gas spreading around. Put a pump up there at the Geyser, wall it off, build a wire bridge and connect it to HW wires.

The bigger issue is CO2. As mentioned  you should scrub it (as I'm doing now) eventually. You can get away with it for a while with storing it, but in the end you will have to get rid through scrubbing. I'd say store until you have sufficient means to clean polluted water.

I build big old rooms around my natural geysers as soon as possible to allow the gas to start building up - gives me time to get the rest of my NGG's set up and in place, and leaves me with a monstrous backlog of gas for when I need it :D 

Archived