Starting Variety / Chainging Resources

Hi... Long time DS player but i havent really played much DST save for a few plays in early access... This is mostly because DS is my go to single player game, i dont really want to play it multiplayer...

So anyway i recently started playing DST, alone.. I noticed there were no saplings in my world but instead there was twiggy trees and twigs on the ground.. So i searched google and viewed a few topics on this forum and i understand the "one or the other" starting mechanic regarding new resources. I'm not sure that i really understand changing resources though, and actually i cant even find the option for that in world gen.

So my main question is this - Is it now pointless to build a sapling / twiggy tree farm? Will they all dissapear when the resources change? Is it the same thing with berry bushes and grass farms? Or was resoucre changing removed? maybe thats why i dont see an option for it?

Thanks

8 minutes ago, Lumina said:

Also, if i'm not wrong, sometime when doing something with grass tuft (harvesting them ? digging them ?) a grass gecko could spawn.

Harvesting a transplanted grass tuft can spawn a gecko and transform nearby transplanted tufts into geckos as well

18 hours ago, Lumina said:

As far as i know, a sapling could sometime transform into a twiggy tree, i'm not an hundred percent sure about it. Anyway, they will not disappears, so building farm isn't pointless.

It's not Saplings turning into Twiggy Trees, it's Twiggy Trees spawning from world regrowth.

Archived