Specific swamp spot full of tentacles

Generic Title  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Is this spot a mistake?

I'm not joking with this, I was going to the swamp in my server to get some reeds as I'm Wickerbottom, then I see a lot of reeds placed to resemble a diamond shape. I go to pick them up as I don't expect anything, surprisingly, there's tentacles everywhere, like literally everywhere, I had armor and average health, but that wasn't enough as you stop moving when you get hit and the tentacles hit fast and there's a lot of them so I just got killed and gave up in the world.

I know this game is supossed to be challenging but this is pretty cheap, considering that tentacles can hide and avoid literally anything unless you get close, then you'll have to take them out one by one and yeah you get the point I guess.

But really what the hell is this?

The reed trap set piece, it's a rarely generated collection of danger, but also a blessing for reeds (especially since you were wicker bottom).

To clear the tentacles out you could bring the deerclops or bearger there to deal with the tentacles, or slowly fight your way through with other personal armies. Either way once you're done your left with an amazing amount of reeds. Grow and pick with your books, or build a lureplant trap to grow and pick with.

This is a set piece that could appears in your world. It's very useful when you want to kill some monster, like hounds (without red hounds), or some giants if well done. You could also use some giants to clear it so you have plenty of reeds to harvest.

Just avoid the set piece if it's too dangerous for you, you could find reeds in others places and the tentacles can't move.

On 5/22/2017 at 6:45 PM, Weirdobob said:

Considering how there's lots of people who world hop until they find one of these setpieces, i'd consider you lucky.

I am one of these people... great for killing deerclops or any other baddies. It just sucks when you accidentally kill a red hound there and the reeds all burn down :(.

Archived