Ancient Guardian Cheese Trick

I'll stop cheesing the ancient guardian when it's actually interesting to fight. Right now you can cheese it by getting it stuck, or you can cheese it by surrounding it with 2 or more people and just tank it until it dies. The whole fight is almost nothing but cheese.

2 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I'll stop cheesing the ancient guardian when it's actually interesting to fight. Right now you can cheese it by getting it stuck, or you can cheese it by surrounding it with 2 or more people and just tank it until it dies. The whole fight is almost nothing but cheese.

True.

He needs a more strategic fighting style like Toadstool or Klaus.

Maybe he can jump up & down to cause earthquakes causing debris to fall from the ceiling.

Actually, I saw a video in the last days where the player soloed the AG with a helm, a weapon changing with a walking cane and a magiluminescence. This way he could defeat it with minimal damage as he could outrun it. As I cannot kill it without gunpowder or some cheese, so I definitely will try this method and hopefully learn to do it properly.

So what I wanted to say is that there is a legal and interesing way to kill the Guardian other than tanking it.

9 hours ago, fimmatek said:

So what I wanted to say is that there is a legal and interesing way to kill the Guardian other than tanking it.

Legal yes, interesting, no. You make the guardian charge back and forward in a straight line and land one hit each time he stops charging close enough to you, then immediately dodge. I can't find a youtube video to show you unfortunately. It's very slow and is not 100% secure especially if you have lag.

6 minutes ago, pofil said:

Legal yes, interesting, no. You make the guardian charge back and forward in a straight line and land one hit each time he stops charging close enough to you, then immediately dodge. I can't find a youtube video to show you unfortunately. It's very slow and is not 100% secure especially if you have lag.

Well, what's interesting then? Die other RoG giants can be simply kited, Dragonfly too once the walls are built, you only have to use the pan flute some times, Klaus can be kited plus you just have to run away when he is spelling... So running so that you end near enough to hit once or twice the AG and then avoid its ramming is quite interesting and challenging, I think. It sounds interesting for me at least. Again, I haven't tried this yet, so I'll see how it works out. Maybe it's great, maybe it's terrible and boring? 

The lag can destroy even the best plans, that's true, but when you solo there's usually not (that) much lag.

Btw, I just checked, the owner deleted that video. Really pity, I don't understand why...

7 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

Well, what's interesting then? Die other RoG giants can be simply kited, Dragonfly too once the walls are built, you only have to use the pan flute some times, Klaus can be kited plus you just have to run away when he is spelling... So running so that you end near enough to hit once or twice the AG and then avoid its ramming is quite interesting and challenging, I think. It sounds interesting for me at least. Again, I haven't tried this yet, so I'll see how it works out. Maybe it's great, maybe it's terrible and boring?

Dfly at least you have to put some effort into and you could not build walls if you wanted, the fight gets a bit more interesting. Klaus is a bit more difficult to kite and you can try to CC his deer with fire/ice staffs which makes the fight a bit more micro manage-y and interesting IMO. AG is just a sad beast. But I didn't come to this topic to complain about it, I was just saying that although he is a dumb beast he kinda fits in the game. It would be nice if devs gave us another difficult fight, but when difficult or just different fights are introduced to the game, people complain about it.

In ideal world we would want everything to be "fun and challenging" but the truth is, most enemies/bosses are just fillers or way to mark your progress. Ancient guardian now mostly serves as way to unlock access to real throphy - ancient fuelweaver. And fighting fuelweaver is actually fun and challenging.

Ancient Guardian would not be fun and challenging even when pillars glitch is removed. So what you are asking is to complete rework of a boss and what's the point right now? They would have to rework most bosses to make them challenging for more experienced players.

In my opinion its better to move on and focus on new stuff instead of reworking old classics, I don't think people care much about ancient guardian at this point, majority would love to see new bosses added.

Archived