Why were the character stress responses locked.

So one thing I always liked doing is making characters that look like me and my friends, or making them look as close to us as we can based on the avatars shown. Well I won't give a speech on making the avatars customize-able in some way, regardless of how neat that would be, but instead, I will simply ask this; Why would you make certain characters have one set stress response?!?! I used to try to make each of my people only vomit....no destructive people and at times that made it hard cause I'd end up with one character only and REALLY need a new Dupe, but only get the chance to get destructive people.....forcing me to either choose someone destructive, or restart in most scenarios. Well now, the character I chose a MY sprite (Nikola) and the one I set as my Fiance's sprite (Bubbles) are forced to be destructive and a binge eater. :(  I really dislike this because I get that it will make the game harder, but now in my opinion the game is becoming more stress inducing than it's really worth...I literally end up with 3 of my least favorite avatars and I have to re-select those 3 or so avatars when I need/want a new person in my station :mad: and that's IF they are worth getting!!! None of them look like anyone I know (and I get this seems really petty, I do) but that was a big part of the fun in this for me, the total randomness of each character, Nikola #1 could be a angry ****** while Nikola #2 was a puke machine that is stressed by and disgusted by everything, and I was hoping for Nikola #3 to be a Whiny cry-baby.....but now I get Nikola being nothing but a angry hulk nonstop :( This has taken SO MUCH of the fun I had, and I hope Klei will undo this and make it randomly generated again. I've barely been able to even test the new stuff in game because I can't gather the people to make enough progress to get anything done!! Because people are always either eating EVERYTHING or breaking EVERYTHING, thus making people spend all their time fixing things, then breaking what they fix, just so someone else can come fix it again -_- It is so annoying that I've rage quit more times than I care to admit. At this point I'm just waiting for the next update so I can see if it's fixed, cause I don't know if I can even play it at this point, which is terribly disappointing, because previously I Loved this game. ~ V

Maybe they don't want people to choose the stress response they want, and maybe it's part of the balance, so you have either to have very few dupes so you can have only the stress response you want, and limiting yourself, or have dupes with stress response you don't like and manage the consequencies.

Also, maybe you should learn how to manage stress in a better way, the way to manage stress shouldn't be "i could ignore stress effect" but "i don't reach high stress", so maybe it's your current problem.

Archived