I wish ONI had a goal.

Not an abstract goal like a high score or an achievement but a lore related goal.

Currently the duplicates wake up with amnesia and get to work so they don’t starve or choke and we count the cycles the colony survives or the number of dupes we manage to support.

And that’s it?!

I wish I could select “Explorers” and that means that no one goes home back thru the gate until they find whatever they’re looking for or until they survey the asteroid

Or “Miner”, in that case only minerals and goods go back until they fill the quota.. And no dupes inside the crates like in that Mun movie :p

In “Settlers” we have to set up a stable system for X amount of dupes

But my favorite would definitely be “Astronauts” were we’d have to dig up the asteroid to make it into a spaceship

On 8.5.2017 at 8:04 PM, Masterpintsman said:

My view is that the duplicant printer should have been located on the surface of a habitable planet, but for some reasons ended up inside an asteroid and as of detecting a habitable environment (thanks to some oxylite) is now releasing unprepared duplicants into something that can be fittingly described with the word clusterfuck.

Escape (toward a more habitable world) would IMHO be a very reasonable endgame.

Archived