Natural Gas! But with piping problems

uxr0HXm.jpg

nwk5Li4.jpg?1

I've had this problem awhile and have no idea how to solve it!

So each pipe coming out of the natural gas generators is pumping out 250 Co2

The problem i have is one of them isn't working (2nd one on the left)

I've had a similar issue with hydrogen or just general moving of gasses using multiple gas pumps

For some reason the 2 on the right are sharing a pipe and having no issue, BUT when i try to combine the 3 lines one of them stops working 

The gas line heading out of the screen on the bottom only has packets of gas around 250, when i know it can handle up to 1,000

Anyone have a resolution for this ? 

You can see i tried to solve it by pumping all three into a valve and set it to send out 1,000 but that doesn't work either so here we are

I don't know what you're trying to say...

Are you implying that the part on the right is having the issue ?

The issue is the gas is stuck in the red circle part

Unless you mean to extend the part that is AFTER the bridge ?

No, I am saying that you have only 1 pipe segment before bridge and after between it and valve and that I "think" that is too short for a proper merge and generator output at the same time. Get rid of the valve so it does not slow income, and lengthen the 1 pipe segments. By going sideways and back, that's what I meant by a curve.

Not saying it will solve it for sure, but it could.

2 minutes ago, Vilda said:

No, I am saying that you have only 1 pipe segment before bridge and after between it and valve and that I "think" that is too short for a proper merge and generator output at the same time. Get rid of the valve so it does not slow income, and lengthen the 1 pipe segments. By going sideways and back, that's what I meant by a curve.

Not saying it will solve it for sure, but it could.

d7AqDQB.jpgH

Here's what i did and it worked, I didn't know there was a minimum 'merge' length, I'm guessing i can do away with the valve all together 

33 minutes ago, Ilnor said:

Here's what i did and it worked, I didn't know there was a minimum 'merge' length, I'm guessing i can do away with the valve all together 

It's not a minimum per se, rather the pipe mechanic. Basically what is at "fault" is the crossroad. It merges (or splits) in such a way that it takes one by one from each entrance (exit) a repeats the cycle. So with only one pipe segment, it can easily back up while it waits it's turn.

I had really spaghetti pipes in natural generators and it ended up with this problem so I rebuilt it to this:

20170521125800_1.jpg

Pipes work strange, sometimes illogically. In high traffic pipes it's almost better to avoid standard junctions as they don't merge packets, they rather alternate between them, sometimes even putting extra empty spaces in between packets, and sometimes blocking traffic from one direction if the other direction is "busy".

This junction can merge packets, as long as the pipe into which the flow is merged through the bridge isn't at full capacity - in that case it will block the merged flow.

F4iwwaI.jpg

2 hours ago, Masterpintsman said:

Merging several pipes/vents directly on an input connector seems to have some weird sideeffects at times that lead to some of the pipes being ignored for some reason.

Yes this is the problem. You can also see this when using Hydroponic farm tiles.

Archived