So I am wondering what slurpers are useful for. I mean I know that they drop their pelts which are used in making Belt of Hunger, but then again who is going to sacrefice a backpack/kramups sack for hunger and sanity especially when going into ruins where you need to have a lot of inventory space. Maybe their pelts could be used in other way like making a slurper pet in the rock den since most people find slurpers cute or maybe new carpet turf.

Spoiler

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania slurper don't starve

5 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

who is going to sacrefice a backpack/kramups sack for hunger and sanity especially when going into ruins where you need to have a lot of inventory space.

Wolfgang_Survivor_Skin_Portrait.png

It moves with my many muscles!

22 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

who is going to sacrefice a backpack/kramups sack for hunger and sanity especially when going into ruins where you need to have a lot of inventory space.

Wes_Shadow_Skin_Portrait.png

“..."

Actually, what I do is later-game I make about 2-3 meaty stews, let one grab onto my head (they produce light while on you so you won't need a lantern and can use a walking cane to go faster) and then plop them in a pen on the surface. They don't actually attack walls, and (usually) the wall's hitbox keeps them from nomming your face. They're sort of an adorable infinite light source that way.

6 hours ago, Szczuku said:

I would. You just need to have good inventory management and an item storage center in the ruins to raid them without a backpack.

4 hours ago, Electroely said:

I would. You just need to have good inventory management and an item storage center in the ruins to raid them without a backpack.

Someone once asked me why I'd take armour over a backpack, and this is why.

You pen and name them. Mine is Sam. Slurper-Sam. Right beside Koale-Kevin:

penned_mobs

And you talk to them. Sometimes they talk back. What was that, if I took my medication? No I didn't - the Voices told me not to. Or maybe was Sam. Definitely Sam! :hypnotized:

15 hours ago, XxCrazysZz said:

I once used them to light my way out of the ruins. My miner hat was almost dead. But... i starved afterwards ;-;

Sorry if I'm souding a bit rude, but you've replied to several threads of which some, including this one, are 1 month old and inactive. That is considered 'necromancing'. Just FYI.

As for the topic, I usually just don't bother with them at all unless they bother me. If they drop a pelt, then I give it to someone else. They're cute, I guess.

Archived