Infinite fertilizer with natural gas generator

With the new agricultural upgrade I came up with a way to create infinite fertilizer - self-sustainable.

If you're not familiar with what I'm saying, here are some changes they've made: fertilizer maker now emits natural gas alongside fertilizer. It can be pumped to natural gas generator for electricity, but it produces polluted water and CO2 as the result. And this is why it makes this power source a no-brainer.

Fertilizer maker eats polluted water, and power generator EMITS polluted water. On top of that, CO2 it creates can go into air scrubber which generates polluted water as well. If we abuse all of those, we basically have an endless circulation of polluted water, which can be self-sustained by the generator.

nieskonczony nawóz.png

Here is the layout I created (gray squares are tiles, blue squares are mesh tiles).

I hope you find that interesting and useful :)

I hope Klei wont patch this

You realize,that you entirely forgo math in that? Aka how much things produce and consume.

For example you need 3 Fertilize makers to support 1 generator. (20 g/s out, 60 g/s in)
Or having 1 scrubber per generator is a wast of power and capacity, because it can scrub 300 g/s while generator produces 82.5 g/s.

40 minutes ago, Vilda said:

You realize,that you entirely forgo math in that? Aka how much things produce and consume.

For example you need 3 Fertilize makers to support 1 generator. (20 g/s out, 60 g/s in)
Or having 1 scrubber per generator is a wast of power and capacity, because it can scrub 300 g/s while generator produces 82.5 g/s.

I didn't think of that, but its rather easy to fix. You could make a 2nd floor with 2 fertilizer makers and add a liquid valve to adjust water consumption so you dont waste it.

Well, it's not, because in the end you are still loosing water from the cycle.

Net effect of 3:1 is - -382,5 g/s PW and +82.5 g/s CO2. Scrubber produces 3.3 g/s PW per 1 g/s of CO2. That's only 275,25 g/s PW. Meaning you are loosing 110.25 g/s of Polluted water in this cycle.

Mind you, there is so much of it in the world that I have trouble loosing it fast enough. If you want to make the chain stable, you have to introduce a source of PW from outside - for example generators powered by natural gas geyser - that's +67.5 g/s PW right away and another 275,25 g/s PW after CO2 conversion. Bleh, first time I compute this, that's a hell lot of PW from a single generator. So a single geyser powered generator balances 3 chains of 3:1 and you are still actually gaining polluted water.

If you want to use a geyser... 1 fertilizer maker and 1 geyser supports 2 generators.
Because everyone wants a whole lot of CO2 and polluted water.

Edit: Doing the math for it... The 2 generators can support 0.9 fertilizer makers so you only need to scrub a small amount of the 165 g/s CO2 produced to keep it topped off, which leaves you with a whole lot of CO2 to still get rid of.

3 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Maybe i'm being dumb here - but you seem to have overlooked that an Air Scrubber needs a pure water intake? Where is that coming from?

The Water Geyser dumping out 4.2 kg/s.

1 hour ago, Vilda said:

Well, it's not, because in the end you are still loosing water from the cycle.

Net effect of 3:1 is - -382,5 g/s PW and +82.5 g/s CO2. Scrubber produces 3.3 g/s PW per 1 g/s of CO2. That's only 275,25 g/s PW. Meaning you are loosing 110.25 g/s of Polluted water in this cycle.

Mind you, there is so much of it in the world that I have trouble loosing it fast enough. If you want to make the chain stable, you have to introduce a source of PW from outside - for example generators powered by natural gas geyser - that's +67.5 g/s PW right away and another 275,25 g/s PW after CO2 conversion. Bleh, first time I compute this, that's a hell lot of PW from a single generator. So a single geyser powered generator balances 3 chains of 3:1 and you are still actually gaining polluted water.

Excess water can be either filtrated back to clean one or you can irigate something with it. But at the same time I've made a mistake for not checking the resource production. Oops :S

54 minutes ago, Risu said:

If you want to use a geyser... 1 fertilizer maker and 1 geyser supports 2 generators.
Because everyone wants a whole lot of CO2 and polluted water.

Edit: Doing the math for it... The 2 generators can support 0.9 fertilizer makers so you only need to scrub a small amount of the 165 g/s CO2 produced to keep it topped off, which leaves you with a whole lot of CO2 to still get rid of.

CO2 isnt problematic if you make a perma-shut airlock, but yet again, my fault for not calculating it :S

13 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Maybe i'm being dumb here - but you seem to have overlooked that an Air Scrubber needs a pure water intake? Where is that coming from?

Most likely from base's water supply

1 minute ago, Eggzotic egg said:

CO2 isnt problematic if you make a perma-shut airlock

It is a problem once you overpressurize the room and the vent stops venting and the pipe clogs all the way back to the generator.

There used to be such self-sustaining cycle during closed testing but then it was tweaked out of existence. Chaining fertilizer makers, natural gas generators, and air scrubbers at proper ratio (or just letting them run when they have materials ready) now converts combined input of polluted and clean water into fertilizer and power.

Archived