Problem With The New Ancient Fuelweaver Helmet ?

After the release of today's update, we discover the addition of an Ancient Fuelweaver helmet that makes shadow creatures neutral for the helmet owner player, if the player don't attack them.

However, I also do tests, and I notice a "bug", a forgot, or simply something that will never be added, but I find it strange that with the helmet, only crawling horror and terror beak become neutral .

Rczb9 (2).png

Why do shadow chess pieces always attack ?

These monsters are practical as they fight other creatures AND MUST be built and activated at new moon. Will they becomes neutral in a future update for skeleton helmet owners ?

What do you guys think?

Spoiler

Rczb9 (3).png

I think that the helmet is ok as it is now. Protection agaisnt shadow chest piece would probably be too powerful. I doubt this is a bug, as far as i understand, the helmet protect you like if you were sane, and chess piece attack you whatever you are, sane or insane.

4 minutes ago, Lumina said:

I think that the helmet is ok as it is now. Protection agaisnt shadow chest piece would probably be too powerful. I doubt this is a bug, as far as i understand, the helmet protect you like if you were sane, and chess piece attack you whatever you are, sane or insane.

Ah, I had not seen that it was only when we were not crazy originally. Hum in this casz, the situation is all different.

But in this case I think the helmet should be totally protective of the shadows creatures (at least the 2 classics), insane or not.

Because, it is not really as if the item was very powerful, even as armor.

Yeah but maybe the item isn't mean to be very powerful, but more convenient. Like, i don't know, you attract creatures, a friend with a nightmare amulet kill them, could be enough to make it useful without being overpowered. Especially since the boss already give a very good armor no ?

Ah yes it is a good use for the nightmare amulet, good idea.

But I will not rush either to get the helmet so early in the future, I think it still lacks a bit of depth use as that item.

I am so happy this is not another, OMG THIS TING IS TWOOO OPEE PLS NERP or KLEI JUST ADDED THE MOST USELESS THING IN THE HISTORY OF DST post. I am surprised at the nitpicking we do.

Anyways, I think it would be very useful to use it for shadow pieces, on paper. Why would you not want to kill them, we need that heart man.

Oh yeah, it'd be really convenient in the ruins! That's a great point.

Other than that the main use would be spawning nightmares for you and buddies to fight without needing to go insane first.

Archived