Mandatory Dupe Recruitment

Hi Klei

Have you considered a mode where taking in new Dupes are mandatory and Dupes spawn automatically with random skills? I find that, after I had enough Dupes (around 20), there is little incentive to take in more Dupes, however if I had to take in Dupes, then it would continue to ramp up the difficulty.  

The number of geysers in a map is limited, and so is limited maximum amount of dupes the map can sustain. If you go over it, you'll run out of water, out of oxygen, then out of dupes.

Or you may choose to start killing them as they come to keep the base sustainable. That's an option too.

But you can certainly try to play that way as a challenge. A streamer already did that, accepting the three initial ones without rerolling, then accepting the middle one from every dupe batch the printer offered. You don't need the game to have such mode, you only need a bit of self control to stick to the rule.

45 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

The number of geysers in a map is limited, and so is limited maximum amount of dupes the map can sustain. If you go over it, you'll run out of water, out of oxygen, then out of dupes.

Or you may choose to start killing them as they come to keep the base sustainable. That's an option too.

But you can certainly try to play that way as a challenge. A streamer already did that, accepting the three initial ones without rerolling, then accepting the middle one from every dupe batch the printer offered. You don't need the game to have such mode, you only need a bit of self control to stick to the rule.

I think that's kinda the point. You'd probably resort to killing off some dupes to maintain survival.

Archived