Alpha Appreciation - (No longer available)

• Developer

Hey everyone!

As we enter Early Access, the Alpha price of $19.99 will be retired and the base price will become $24.99. In addition to this, we will be providing a 20% loyalty discount for all Klei game owners, so for these players the game will continue to be $19.99.

However, while adjusting the prices, we realized that certain currencies had odd Steam pricing tiers that were non-linear, and in conjunction with loyalty pricing, we found that Early Access players could end up getting the game cheaper than our Alpha fans.

We think that’s not great, as we really appreciate players taking the chance on us for Alpha. Thus as a thanks for supporting us, we will be providing a free gift for ALL our Alpha players. 

On July 12, all players who purchased the alpha version of the game will be given the opportunity to choose a gift from a selection of our top selling games. If you already own all of the games (thanks for your support!) then you will be able to choose a gift box containing rare Don't Starve Together skins, with a guarantee of at least 1 elegant skin. This offer will only be available to Alpha players who purchased the game at the original price and will not apply to purchases made during Early-Access. 

We will have more details about this offer when it’s available. For now, you can head over here and let us know if you would like to be notified when your gift is ready. 

Thank you so much for playing Oxygen Not Included, your feedback has been amazingly helpful! 

Now Live!  This offer Ended June 30, 2018

Qualified players can now head on over to http://oxygenalphagift.klei.com/ and get your gift!

ONI_dancedesktop.png

• Like 57

2 hours ago, Bigfoot said:

Hey everyone!

As we enter Early Access, the Alpha price of $19.99 will be retired and the base price will become $24.99. In addition to this, we will be providing a 20% loyalty discount for all Klei game owners, so for these players the game will continue to be $19.99.

However, while adjusting the prices, we realized that certain currencies had odd Steam pricing tiers that were non-linear, and in conjunction with loyalty pricing, we found that Early Access players could end up getting the game cheaper than our Alpha fans.

We think that’s not great, as we really appreciate players taking the chance on us for Alpha. Thus as a thanks for supporting us, we will be providing a free gift for ALL our Alpha players. 

On July 12, all players who purchased the alpha version of the game will be given the opportunity to choose a gift from a selection of our top selling games. If you already own all of the games (thanks for your support!) then you will be able to choose a gift box containing rare DST skins, with a guarantee of at least 1 elegant skin. This offer will only be available to Alpha players who purchased the game at the original price and will not apply to purchases made during Early-Access. 

We will have more details about this offer when it’s available. For now, you can head over here and let us know if you would like to be notified when your gift is ready. 

Thank you so much for playing Oxygen Not Included, your feedback has been amazingly helpful! 

ONI_dancedesktop.png

HE SPEAKS

• Like 22

You lot over at Klei are the coolest gaming studio. Great games, great humor, and great interactions with your fans. It really is appreciated, so thanks! I am curious if those of us who'd rather just have the DST loot drop bundle can just get that instead of a game, even if we'd not bought the entire collection of games. Ofc if we're allowed to pick Hot Lava that'd be swell too...

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, MenaAthena said:

What about people who received the game as a gift during alpha? Would they still get to choose a gift, or would it only apply to the person who actually bought it? 

It will apply to anybody that owns the game that was purchased during the Alpha period. 

6 minutes ago, polygone said:

I am curious if those of us who'd rather just have the DST loot drop bundle can just get that instead of a game, even if we'd not bought the entire collection of games.

We talked about this quite a lot. The issue here is that if we give out too many high value DST items, it will drop the value of those items quite a bit. Which would be annoying to the person receiving the items as well as other people who already have them. 

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, JoeW said:

It will apply to anybody that owns the game that was purchased during the Alpha period. 

We talked about this quite a lot. The issue here is that if we give out too many high value DST items, it will drop the value of those items quite a bit. Which would be annoying to the person receiving the items as well as other people who already have them. 

Then, could we potentially just buy the rest of the Klei library we're missing before the gift drop to be able to get said high value items?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, polygone said:

Then, could we potentially just buy the rest of the Klei library we're missing before the gift drop to be able to get said high value items?

Sure, if you like. The check will happen at the time that the gifts are being handed out so if you have the alpha but don't have everything else, but you have it before you claim your gift then you would be able to get the DST gift box.

• Like 11

• Developer
10 minutes ago, TheKingDedede said:

Do Darkest Dungeon and Crypt of the Necrodancer count as Klei games? Will these be possible choices as gifts for players who currently have ONI?

I mean, Klei only published those, but I'd def get one of those two if I had the chance.

Personally I would have much rather have liked to have seen Alpha backers get access to the Alpha again before todays EA release, as a sign of Kleis 'Appreciation'.

Kinda sucked that after the first month, Klei took a smaller group to give access to the latest alpha and cut the rest of the Alpha backers out of the process.... in fact it more than kinda sucked, it felt like a rather large "<bleep> you. We got the money now so go sit in that corner and shut up until we're ready to try to get more exposure."

Edited by Tikigit

Is it possible to get DST loyal skins from gift box?

If I buy ONI now, will I get the gift?

Add:

What games does the "selection of our top selling games" contains?

Edited by __orange
  • Like 1

*Hoping some type of response/s can be given*

1. Some people have asked if they could just go for the gift-box rather than a game.Would this be possible; even though it is noted that it will only be applied to those who have already bought every game.Especially in the case that (Of which I don't know) There may be some users who can not run; and or do not like some of the games you guys have made.

2. Will DLC be selectable rather than a "Game" for those who possible own every game; but not the DLC. Which goes into another side question of, Does DLC count as owning a "Game" for this opportunity, or will a user just need to own the games themselves and not the DLC aswell.

3. On-top of the DLC question; Would one be able to select a Soundtrack instead aswell; or would that go into the same case as DLC.

4. Do games you have Published count as a possible gift; or just games you guys have made.

I think that is all I have to ask; And again. Thank you, Thank you for every game you have made and for this special opportunity you have given all of us.

*Note: These questions are being transferred from the Steam-Discussion post to here for possible further visibility.

3 minutes ago, SubZeroDestruction said:

*Hoping some type of response/s can be given*

1. Some people have asked if they could just go for the gift-box rather than a game.Would this be possible; even though it is noted that it will only be applied to those who have already bought every game.Especially in the case that (Of which I don't know) There may be some users who can not run; and or do not like some of the games you guys have made.

2. Will DLC be selectable rather than a "Game" for those who possible own every game; but not the DLC. Which goes into another side question of, Does DLC count as owning a "Game" for this opportunity, or will a user just need to own the games themselves and not the DLC aswell.

3. On-top of the DLC question; Would one be able to select a Soundtrack instead aswell; or would that go into the same case as DLC.

4. Do games you have Published count as a possible gift; or just games you guys have made.

I think that is all I have to ask; And again. Thank you, Thank you for every game you have made and for this special opportunity you have given all of us.

*Note: These questions are being transferred from the Steam-Discussion post to here for possible further visibility.

Hey there. 

1 - http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/78790-alpha-appreciation/?do=findComment&comment=921709

2 - Yes, DLC will be available, but you will need to own the base game

3 - We don't currently have plans to make soundtracks available

4- We don't currently have plans to offer our published games, such as Crypt of the Necrodancer or Darkest Dungeon

hello sir, i think i need a litle help here.. how i can update the game? currently i'm in Thermal Update. i already try to change the propertis like how i do to update to Thermal, but it's not working.. is there any link for this problem? i can't find them.

best regards

rudz