DSTEd - The IDE for Don't Starve Together

Bizzi

DSTEd pntgndsm8ytwul3g?retina=true - The IDE for Don't Starve Together

preview.png

Hey There :)

The development of content for DST is quickly hard for newbies.

Currently, i'm developing an IDE, a Code Editor for DST based on electron and node.js

Comming Features

• Develop your Mods in LUA-Language
  • Syntax highligtning
  • Mod-specific projects
  • DST-API
  • ModInfo Editor
  • Integrated Steam-Workshop
  • Asset-Editor
  • Console/Logger
  • And lots of more...

Develop your Mods in LUA-Language

As usual, you programming your Mods in LUA-Language. But you don't need to search your Mods folder for specific files. Your Projects and Files will be listed under the same editor.

DST-API

You search a Method or Functions to implement a Feature? With DSTEd you have a complete overview of all possible entry points of Don't Starve Together.

ModInfo-Editor

Don't create your modinfo.lua in plain text; With DSTEd you will have a nice Editor for that.

Integrated Steam-Workshop

For the development do you often go back to finished mods? Download finished Mods directly from DSTEd.

Asset-Editor

Don't extract orpack Assets. DSTEd makes it for you. The basic idea is to use Photoshop or other image processing programs in addition.

The first question was, which method I use for the implementation. The answer was very difficult to answer. I chose ecletron to use it on other platforms as well. DSTEd will be running on Windows, Linux derivates and OS X in 32bit and 64bit.

Currently, DSTEd is under development and not finished for productive usement. If you want to help out, you can participate in the development over GitHub: https://github.com/DST-Tools/DSTEd-C/

Edited by Bizzi
Adding Building-State
  • Like 39
  • Thanks 7

*lol nope still no coding experience*

Thats correct. But it's easier if your Editor has Methods to create your content:)

The current problem is, you must find your needed Methods on other Mods or the LUA-Files from the core.

Good on you for being open-source.

I'm an OpenSource fetishist. I hope other people contribute on it.

Edited by Bizzi
  • Like 2

I like it... BUT will there be an option to change the syntax highlighting to match that of Notepad++ and/or Sublime? Most programmers for DST mods generally will use one of those two so having options to mimic their syntax highlighting styles would be extremely convenient!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Fidooop said:

I like it... BUT will there be an option to change the syntax highlighting to match that of Notepad++ and/or Sublime? Most programmers for DST mods generally will use one of those two so having options to mimic their syntax highlighting styles would be extremely convenient!

My plan is, to manage it on the Settings. You can change lot's of things, the "Theme", Highlightning-Features, Key-Shortcuts and other.

• Like 6

• Developer
7 hours ago, Bizzi said:

The API works, but currently  steam_ugc_create_query_all don't list the Items. I hope, anyone can help me here:

Hey Bizzi! DST actually uses the older Workshop api, so that may be part of the issue you're running into. Everything we use for the mods is through ISteamRemoteStorage, instead of ISteamUGC.

• Like 3

Ah, thanks! :)

I will try it later. I had seen, that the public API only has Methods for the RemoteStorageDetails, i've found no Methods to get a complete List, otherwise i was blind :D

• Developer
4 minutes ago, Bizzi said:

I will try it later. I had seen, that the public API only has Methods for the RemoteStorageDetails, i've found no Methods to get a complete List, otherwise i was blind

Yah unfortunately I don't know much about the details of the API you're using. I've only used the C++ steam api, and their webapi. Unfortunately most of the webapi requires a developer key.

• Like 1

Yah unfortunately I don't know much about the details of the API you're using

By default, the API from steam_api.dll, which provided by Steamworks SDK (v1.4).

The public Web-API (already seen before using the Steamworks SDK) don't have a public listening. You can only fetch the Details.

[..] most of the webapi requires a developer key.

Thats the second think to create an JSON-Based API on my Server to provide the Data for DSTEd. The third thinking is, i'm not a "registred" developer on Valve. I don't know, what's cost, which NDA is given and i'm not a company.

By the way, the protected methods need an Publisher Key, not an Developer key:

Some Web API methods return publicly accessible data and do not require authorization when called. Other methods may require clients to register for an API key and pass that in using the key parameter. There are also methods that return sensitive data or perform a protected action and require special access permissions. These APIs require a publisher key, which you will need to create before calling these APIs.

[...]

To securely identify a publisher, and allow access to protected methods, a publisher may request a Web API key which can be passed to the appropriate methods using the key parameter. Each key is associated with a publisher group and can be used to access data for AppIDs that are also associated with that group.

Otherwise, i will crawl the Steam-Workshop with my server and parse it. ****-Happens for a publisher key :D

It's spend more time on development, but it's not problematic.

Edited by Bizzi
  • Like 1

The first step is taken:

mods1ruu9q.pngmod2ssu0f.png

The next step is, to add a pagination and on the right side rating-informations and buttons (like install/deinstall). I will update the description later (currently it's plain text and not formated).

• Like 7

Sorry for my late post, but my job is currently to hard to spend time. After a working-day i wan't to sleep :(

But here is an little update for you!

Steam-Workshop was updated:

• remove Tags (will be shown later on Details page)
  • adding pagination
  • adding sweet loading animation
  • empty results
  • Install/Uninstall from the search-results

Upcoming updates:

• Right click on Project (contextmenu) for Workshop-Projects can open Mod-Details (fetched from the Steam-Workshop)
  • Install/Uninstall routines
  • Details-page

sw34mk0n.png

sw216kyj.png

sw1qpjxy.png

• Like 3