Help with Beefalo invasion please!

So, at first, this beefalo herd was a decent distance away from where I decided to place my campsite. Now, they've decided to meander on over to join me for the winter. My assumption was that my campfire attracted them or something, but if I'm wrong and they stay put in summer, this will be very problematic next mating season, since I won't be able to approach my own home without a beefalo in heat chasing me away. Anyone know what's going on or how to get rid of them? Please don't say that the only way to get them to leave is to kill them--I read that if you aggro one, they all come after you, and I simply don't have the means to take on a whole herd. And no, it's not because after last mating season the area became more crowded--I went over to where they were before and it's empty.

20170514211439_1.jpg

Issue with walls is that they will attack walls to get to birds/butterflies in their proximity. I have seen video where they placed grass tufts down to create a barrier between walls and beefalo to keep them from attacking walls. Maybe just putting those grass tufts down will keep them away?

You can always hit one, a bunch will aggro (thus moving them). Continue this without killing them and it should move most of the herd. You could try killing a few until you get a few horns and use the horns to move them. Or hope deerclops spawn and he will certainly kill a few but obviously you don't want deerclops near your base so you should use the beefalo furthest from base.

Archived