What Could It Be?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the picture is?

• Something ancient
    • Some sort of teleporter
    • Something like a portal
    • An ice cream machine
    • Or something else...

Greeting fellow starvers! I just found something really quite interesting...

I was watching through some of the live streams that Klei had made back before the Year of the Gobbler, and I saw that they showed some concept art for the Giblet critter pet, and the Lazy Deserter, but then they show some concept art for something that hasn't come out yet.

What could this be? Do you guys have any ideas?

KleiEntertainment - Twitch - Google Chrome 1_6_2017 3_00_47 PM.png

Just now, xxVERSUSxy said:

It looks like mixed concepts between Lazy Deserter and Ancient Gateway - variants for both of them maybe; but mostly Lazy Deserter alternatives as all of them seem to have the Desert Stone with Orange Gem in it.

You could be right. I hadn't thought about that... After I looked at it for a bit I thought about the Ancient Gateway too.

If you look at roughly half of those designs, the structures have what looks like Antlion's pincers/mandibles as integral parts (sustaining said Orange Desert Stone); probably some of the Lazy Deserter's early building concepts needed Antlion be taken down (the boss fight) for specific loot (mandibles) so one can prototype it.

1 hour ago, Endramada said:

I saw that they showed some concept art for the Giblet critter pet, and the Lazy Deserter, but then they show some concept art for something that hasn't come out yet.

It's just more concept art for the lazy deserter. It just had more then 1 page.

2 hours ago, Endramada said:

What's wrong?

Your grammar. I think you accidentally added the word 'this' into your sentence. I do that a lot when I change how I want to phrase something mid-sentence. However I think @Xedlord was just joking around and doesn't really mind the mistake.

I, on the other hand, am profoundly offended by the error

8 hours ago, Josonic said:

Your grammar. I think you accidentally added the word 'this' into your sentence. I do that a lot when I change how I want to phrase something mid-sentence. However I think @Xedlord was just joking around and doesn't really mind the mistake.

I, on the other hand, am profoundly offended by the error

Wow. I didn't even notice.

27 minutes ago, WishIHadAFridge said:

What you're looking at now is concept art of the Lazy Deserter that was shown in a RwP Art Stream. As already mentioned, this was the more sketchy and not implementy page of the two that were shown.

Alright, I guess it's just more concept art for Lazy Deserter.

13 minutes ago, StarmanNess said:

dudes the right answer is clearly the ice cream machine

I wish... You know, I think an ice cream machine would be pretty cool (pun intended) in DST.:wilson_lightbulb: 

Archived