Why Wes Is Much Better in DST

Wes's transition into DST has brought some rebalances, but i think they just make him better at group starving.

In single-player, Wes could only use his pile o' balloons to craft a single all-purpose balloon which will stay in place and Float, Float, Float and Float whenever needed. This makes it much harder to multi-task, as all balloons crafted by Wes will do whatever Wes commands them to do next - There's no distinct balloons that would Float while Wes does something else.

Now in DST this was changed. Wes can now use his pile o' baloons as a CRAFTING STATION for distinct balloons with different jobs. He can create a Balloon Floater, who will float endlessly, a Balloon Floater, who will float endlessly, a Balloon Floater, who will float endlessly and a Ballon Floater, who will actually float whenever needed, which is pretty much always so he will float endlessly. This change makes multitasking much easier. No more balloons floating in unison - now you can have separate balloons floating while Wes is busy doing other work! This helps when gathering materials.

In vanilla, balloons used to pop when you hit them. HOWEVER, in DST you can pop them anytime and get nothing back from it! My only criticism is that when someone else pops your balloon, it's gone and you get nothing for it. That kinda sucks.

Overall, i'm very glad Wes was rebalanced for group play. This makes him a much more attractive character, even with his low stats. Plus, crafting a new balloon doesn't take HP anymore! In vanilla, balloons used to not take HP either. I'm glad this was changed too.

I think Wes is a pretty decent character. He can air combo and his specials allow for ease of juggling enemies, as they launch them fairly easily. His juggle game and his ATK stat allows him to use his specials without fear of missing out on damage. However, because of his low STR stat (39 max), his normal punches and kicks are quite weak. For a guy who practices Muay Thai, that's pretty sad, as it's seen as a pretty aggressive and powerful fighting style in real-life. He has a pretty good AGI stat, though (A perfect 63), but escaping from being knocked down/frozen is already pretty easy to do as soon as you have 39 points in AGI (Or 27, in Rudy's case). He's also somewhat similar to Ryan in that they both have terrible DEF stats (27 max), so they're akin to glass cannons. But Ryan has a much higher damage output due to his specials hitting multiple times, but they both have the same tier of SPC Recharge rate, so at least they're in the same boat in that regard.

I suggest playing with Ryan if you want to steamroll the game, and picking Wes if you like to juggle enemies in a stylish fashion. Or pick Glen if you're new to the game. Man, some of the fighters need a buff... (Poor Rudy...)

2 hours ago, Palecwsmalec1 said:

it's a meme fam

Usually, a gag or joke becomes a meme due to usually reaching a much larger audience than just a couple of guys on the forums who just read one thread and then create a parody of it. If this gag reached farther than just some users on the Klei Forums, then I'd classify it as a meme if 20,000 users or so started doing it or referencing it. As of now, I'd consider this as more of an inside joke or running gag than a meme.

So I know this is a joke post and I'm all for that, but I was just thinking that maybe Wes really does have an indirect 'buff' in DST over DS. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no character in DST that is individually better than their DS counterpart (it could be argued some are better in combos, but that'd be like comparing apples and oranges since you can't use combos in DS). Many characters are the same, and some are worse, which means the whole bell curve is lowered closer towards wes' spot

24 minutes ago, Josonic said:

Ok I understand wigfrid, but I haven't played as maxwell on DST yet, how was he buffed? 

Well his puppets don't take Heath to summon anymore and instead of being all in one you can give the puppets jobs and there working AI was improved also they can dig stuff now and the combat puppets were given kiting AI though that can be debated whether that was a buff

11 hours ago, Donke60 said:

Also I say DST maxwell is better as well

Well, DS Maxwell has that godly 20/m sanity regen. Night armor and dark swords have very little effect on him. But DST Maxwell obviously has the better puppets. So I wouldn't go so far as saying DST Maxwell is better then DS Maxwell in every way. (Although if I had to pick between the two I like the DST version better)

Well that's my point is of Maxwell is the puppetmaster but his puppet are only really good in don't starve together but he himself suffers , his main asset is better in DST even if he is ever so slightly weaker which is how it should of been from the beginning 

Archived