A few randomly assorted questions

Hello! I got a few questions as to if things could be done

1.  A character say only one word or phrase (You could change the speech file, but then mod items aren't affected. could you make it so no matter what it will be the word or phrase)

2. An item that when used, is an area of effect reviving? ( Taking the files for the pan flute, coping it, and making it do area of reviving dead players instead of make area of sleep)

3. making it so a character gets a bonus/penalty from eating a specific type of food (The specific character gets less food from eating meat and gets extra health from eating vegetables)

If these could be done. Could you maybe point me in the right direction to figuring out how to implement it?

I hope I'm not being a bother asking these. Thanks in advance

1. I'm guessing you could override some function that processes talking to replace words with your string, not sure tho..

2. Definitely, using TheSim:FindEntities to find nearby players that are ghosts, and then pushing the event "respawnfromghost" on them with a for loop.

3. You could either set an OnEat function in masterpostinit of your in character prefab, to deduct or add extra stats AFTER the food is eaten or you could override the method Eat to check add or deduct the stats BEFORE getting eaten.

5 hours ago, Augustusc said:

1.  A character say only one word or phrase (You could change the speech file, but then mod items aren't affected. could you make it so no matter what it will be the word or phrase)

-- Speech strings and chat (not the actual chat text) strings converted

local function OneLine(old_message)
	return "AAA"
end

AddPrefabPostInit("wilson", function(inst)
	inst.components.talker.mod_str_fn = OneLine
end)

-- Speech strings only

local function OneLine()
	return "AAA"
end

local _GetSpecialCharacterString = GLOBAL.GetSpecialCharacterString
GLOBAL.GetSpecialCharacterString = function(character)
	if character == nil then
		return nil
	end

character = string.lower(character)

return (character == "wilson" and OneLine()) or _GetSpecialCharacterString(character)
end
6 hours ago, Augustusc said:

2. An item that when used, is an area of effect reviving? ( Taking the files for the pan flute, coping it, and making it do area of reviving dead players instead of make area of sleep)

local pos = inst:GetPosition()
local ents = TheSim:FindEntities(pos.x, pos.y, pos.z, 10, {"playerghost"})
for i, v in ipairs(ents) do
	v:PushEvent("respawnfromghost")
end
6 hours ago, Augustusc said:

3. making it so a character gets a bonus/penalty from eating a specific type of food (The specific character gets less food from eating meat and gets extra health from eating vegetables)

AddPrefabPostInit("wilson", function(inst)
	local _Eat = inst.components.eater.Eat
	inst.components.eater.Eat = function(self, food, feeder)
		local foodtype = food and food.components.edible and food.components.edible.foodtype
		if foodtype == "MEAT" then
			self:SetAbsorptionModifiers(1, 0.5, 1)
		elseif foodtype == "VEGGIE" then
			self:SetAbsorptionModifiers(1.5, 1, 1)
		else
			self:SetAbsorptionModifiers(1, 1, 1)
		end
		return _Eat(self, food, feeder)
	end
end)