You will not believe these Character Tiers!

Character Tiers from Best to Worst!

A - Excellent Picks

1)Wickerbottom - This really doesn't need explaining. UNLIMITED FOOD! *shoots lightning and tentacles from hands*
2)Wolfgang - The 2nd best fighter only behind vs a upgraded WX-78.
3)Maxwell - He is your man when it comes to mining and tree chopping. 

B - Great Picks

4)Wigfrid - She has a easy start, when it comes to dealing with minor monster she is absolute beast.
5?WX-78 - Once upgraded and shocked with Wickerbottom's "The End is Nigh!" he becomes an unstoppable demi-god making Wolfgang and Wigfrid look like puny scrubs. However reaching this point isn't as easy as it sounds.
6)Webber - He can create a army of spiders, he also eats em for a infinite food source ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

C - Meh Picks

7)Wilson - Average all around character, what he was designed to be.
8)Wendy - Abigail is cool and all but there is no way to upgrade her meaning Wolfgang, Wigfrid and WX-78 outclass her, even Wilson does. Needs buffing! I would say giving her normal damage would be enough instead of 0.75x.
9)Woody - Good at mining and tree chopping much like Maxwell (Maxwell mines faster, Woodie chops faster). But what makes him a meh pick is the fact that they nerfed his Warebeaver form for DST making him garbage for combat. Needs buffing! Specifically just give him back his immunity to weather and damage modifiers.

F - Thrash Picks AKA "is he a griefer?" *squints*

10)Wes - He was designed to be thrash and he is.
11)Willow - She was not designed to be thrash but somehow ended worse than Wes. Needs buffing! Give her back her fire immunity, remove insanity = frozen, make her lighter a bit easier to craft (example like 1 gold, 1 rope, 1 rot).

Only 3 characters need some love: Wendy, Woody and Willow mostly due to dumb nerfs. Hopefully they will get some sort of love someday to make them fit in line with the rest of the crew.

[Off topic question; Would the Ice Flingomatic be a great ani-griefer tool if:
1-  It consumes fuel only while it is turning off fires. 
2-  It can only be destroyed by players(and giants) who have survived 20 days, or oldest player of no one has met that requirement.]

Seems about richt except for one thing...

You seems to have accidently misplaced Wes in de F tier. 

It is widely known he belongs in A+ tier. 

ᵃᶫˢᵒ ᵖᶫˢ ᵇᵘᶠᶠ ʷᶦᶫᶫᵒʷ ᵏᶫᵉᶦ

1 minute ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I usually could care less about tier lists, but I gotta say, it's weird seeing Maxwell at the top of one. It's even more weird seeing him above WX and Wigfrid.

People who haven't played him seem to really overestimate his ability to gather in the early game.

Maxwell is a lame character. He has a dark magic book & all he can do is summon slaves to do basic chores. (boring)

Also I don't get why people keep saying Willow is trash. She is fkin great! Free lighter with pretty easy recipe.  1 gold, 1 rope, 3 petals? Easy!

It's pretty cheap IMO & she can use it to cook food.

She is far better than Wilson & maybe even better than Woodie too! She gains great sanity from fire sources, making sanity problems piece of cake. When insane, she can farm easy nightmare fuel with Bernie & even distract shadow monsters when dealing with high sanity drain bosses.

My ranking would be

1)Wickerbottom - Obviously op
2)Wigfrid  -  She can craft handy helmets for people. In combat she gains easy sanity & health.
3)Wolfgang -  Best Combat character

4)Webber  - Easy silk, glands & infinite monster meat. Which can be turned into lots of eggs with bird cage.
5?WX-78 -  Strong as fk when upgraded.
6)Maxwell - Boring Woodie replacement. Lame use for a dark magic book.

4)Wendy  - Abigail great at stuff
5?Willow -  Not as bad as everyone says she is.
6)Woodie - wood is his thing

10)Wilson - Vanilla character
11)Wes    -  Looks great with sun glasses!

Are you kidding me, putting Wendy at the bottom with Willow?  She absolutely destroys killer bee biomes, effortlessly, practically for free.  40+ honeycomb, 120+ honey, a lifetime supply of stingers, and safe passage through the bees for free.  Plus she's the second-best spider farmer around.

A - Excellent Picks

The characters you hate.

B - Great Picks

The characters you forget that exist.

C - Meh Picks

The characters you sometimes play.

F - Thrash Picks AKA "is he a griefer?" *squints*

The characters you love.

29 minutes ago, TemporaryMan said:

Are you kidding me, putting Wendy at the bottom with Willow?  She absolutely destroys killer bee biomes, effortlessly, practically for free.  40+ honeycomb, 120+ honey, a lifetime supply of stingers, and safe passage through the bees for free.  Plus she's the second-best spider farmer around.

Don't forget how useful she is at killing monkeys in the ruins and defeating tentapillars. I'm not arguing that Wendy's top tier or anything, but she's definitely more versatile than the character who's just resistant to fire.

1 hour ago, TemporaryMan said:

Killing spiders, bees, and monkeys isn't the goal of the game, Wendy can't do anything but that. Abigail dies to bosses, worms, rooks, tentacles, pigs, beefalos, etc. 0.75 dmg multiplier is a huge disadvantage, since Wendy requires more weapons and time to kill something than the other characters. You also can't kill birds using a boomerang, which makes farming azure feathers much harder.

23 minutes ago, Alarsin said:

Killing spiders, bees, and monkeys isn't the goal of the game, Wendy can't do anything but that. Abigail dies to bosses, worms, rooks, tentacles, pigs, beefalos, etc. 0.75 dmg multiplier is a huge disadvantage, since Wendy requires more weapons and time to kill something than the other characters. You also can't kill birds using a boomerang, which makes farming azure feathers much harder.

This sums up why I placed her above willow :)

Once Abigail dies, shes useless.

1 hour ago, TemporaryMan said:

44 minutes ago, Sketched_Philo said:

Don't forget how useful she is at killing monkeys in the ruins and defeating tentapillars. I'm not arguing that Wendy's top tier or anything, but she's definitely more versatile than the character who's just resistant to fire.

If I remember correctly, couldn't Wendy still use the Abi flowers to make a sanity station (or was that changed, I don't remember)?

So you can pretty much always be insane to farm nightmare fuel or sane to not worry about being harassed by nightmares while in your base (provided you have the Bee Queen crown).

On top of this, couldn't you also craft multiple flowers and always have one at the ready when Abi gets taken down (I'm mostly talking about for solo play, I'm not sure if anything got changed with this trick that she can do). Which makes Abi's AI issues not that bad since you can always summon her back quickly by killing a captured butterfly, lure plant, or any weak mob?

I don't know, I find those things that Wendy can do pretty useful for your group or solo. I get that her doing less damage is a pretty big downside (especally for solo play)... but I noticed people seem to downplay her usefulness to the group more then I thought, since the benefits she can provide to a group/solo seems pretty useful in my opinion...

But honestly, I'm not really worried about tiers in DST at this point... I just play just play as whoever I enjoy playing as. *shrugs*

1 hour ago, Sadmand said:

willow is the worst character 

Just regarding the video: when using Bernie as decoy, player pretty much intentionally killed oneself to 'prove' its supposed inefficiency/unusability - you can see clearly said player not even tried to avoid nightmares' attacks and just stood there, 'sandwiched' between the 2 of them, and tanking without armor. Truth of the matter, Bernie has its obvious usefulness if done right (and, for most beginner-to-mid-level players, a real lifesaver). I don't defend the Willow character and I'm not really that interested in a best-to-worst top as by the end what counts is how everyone plays, and for what goal (game being a sandbox); yet let's be impartial here, shall we?!

1 hour ago, Alarsin said:

can't kill birds using a boomerang

Indeed you can. 75% chance to get STUNNED when hit with a boomerang but not killed (similar to eyeshot effect).

Just pick them up and murder them in the palm of your hand.

And you know what they say, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

4 minutes ago, Master Jand said:

Indeed you can. 75% chance to get STUNNED when hit with a boomerang but not killed (similar to eyeshot effect).

Just pick them up and murder them in the palm of your hand.

And you know what they say, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Nope, she can't. I just tried this.

Archived