The Hydrogen Generator. Burning Hydrogen too fast?

I've noticed in my game that the Hydrogen Generator is almost useless unless you turn it off for a while and let hydrogen build up in a super long pipe. What I don't understand is: Why doesn't the hydrogen just go into the generator and fill up the fuel gauge even if I've turned it off?

I feel the Hydrogen Generator eats Hydrogen too fast or the storage to burn ratio is off causing it to eat it too quickly. I also feel there should be gas storage tanks if the hydrogen generator happens to be working as intended so I can store up a ton of hydrogen. Maybe a 10 x 10 tank storage area will supply a hydrogen generator with enough gas to keep it operational for more than 2 game days.

I also wonder if the generator is losing hydrogen when it transfers from the pipe to the generator. I don't know enough about the game of how to closely monitor it and see exactly what's happening.

The Hydrogen Generator definitely needs some attention. At the very least, please dial back how much Hydrogen it burns. I'd even appreciate a low, medium, and high burn option where low maybe burns hydrogen slower and produces 600 watts while medium burns gas faster and gives 800 and high burns gas the fastest and gives 1000 watts. Just an example.

I wasn't sure if what I'm seeing with the Hydrogen Generator is a bug. But I have about 6 Electrolyzers worth of Hydrogen feeding one Hydrogen Generator and it's just not enough. The Hydrogen travels too slow in the gas pipes to properly fill the generator up. If I turn the generator off, the hydrogen builds in the pipe but it never fills the generator unless I turn it on and it pretty much takes everything in my super long pipes and doesn't even fill it up half way on the hydrogen fuel meter.

Great game so far. Even with the little problems I'm addicted.

Bwicked

PS: You need 8 duplicants to breath away the oxygen per electrolyser, or it'll stall and not deliver the hydrogen to keep the generator running. It does not matter how many electrolysers you build, bottom line is: unless you expand by digging tiles (= creating vacuum) - except you have a void where you can dump the oxygen or user overpressure bugs to store the oxygen - you can effectively run only one hydrogen generator per 8 dupes on average.

I've been working on a gas filtration system that cycles through the 4 main gases you have to deal with currently. Carbon Dioxide, Polluted Oxygen, Hydrogen, and Oxygen. So I've built a system that filters out all these things in the air and turns it into oxygen and hydrogen. Even with over 20 doupes and 3 variations of this system. I'm not making enough hydrogen to keep a single hydrogen generator fueled. I've only noticed a few of the oxygen exit vents get backed up due to pressure build-up. It's easily fixed by pumping the oxygen around the base or near my plants where they seem to keep suffering from low pressure.

I hope it is a bug and it's being addressed in the build on the 18th. :D

Archived