Have you seen my Puft? OnO

So cycle 233, got 3 geysers, food and energy is sustainable and balanced, but I've only managed to find 1 puft after going to the left of the map and hitting nutronium... on I think cycle 150, after walling it in with the only access into it's chamber is a ladder at the bottom, but sometimes I go back and it's gone to the next room O__O it couldn't have possibly gone through without maneuvering through all the hallways to get there... and so i conclude that why it keeps teleporting is because of a bug... or maybe not?

I've been reloading my save files looking for when I had my puft last... cycle 229, he's still gone O__O

20170513135535_1.jpg

Last seen (in my screenshots) on cycle 197, if you have any information that would help lead me to my little puft, please contact the... omg... I don't even know where we are O__O WHERE ARE WE?! ARE WE IN A HUGE ROCK FLOATING IN SPACE? WHY DO WE HAVE GRAVITY?! WHY IS THERE A TOUGH OUTER LAYER THAT WE CANNOT POSSIBLE PENETRATE WITH OUR ADVANCED TECH?! IS SOMEONE KEEPING US IN HERE FOR THEIR SICK EXPERIMENTS?! WHY IS "STINKY" ALWAYS A GINGER GUY WITH THINNING HAIR?! O__O

20170507115127_1.jpg

TL;DR, is there a bug where pufts just magically teleport? (causing it to die from the hot temperature next door, or the extreme cold 2 rooms to the left <_<)

Unfortunately, I'm going to speculate that your puff probably got caught in one of the doors in your base and, umm, went 'poof'.  I had this happen to me in one of my previous bases. Dupes kept coming into the room to collect the slime and at some point, one of the Puffs decided to try and make a run for it and.. splat.

They like warm pockets of air and I've seen them try to move out of 'cold' areas to warmer ones.  Also, they seem to like pockets of clean oxygen along with the polluted oxygen, moving endlessly from the polluted oxygen to breath in then moving to the clean oxygen to release the slime build up.  They can, of course, do that without being in the clean oxygen, but I've noticed that particular preference about them.20170513032422_1.jpg

Well great, now I have to replace its ceiling with a regular tile so the oxygen stays in his cell... <_<

That's IF I find him alive and in a fairly recent save file :T

EDIT: NVM, found him, cycle 226 ;v;

20170513164828_1.jpg

**Rebuilds perpetual energy machine** <_<

EDIT2: Follow-up sometimes, my puft would stop moving... it freezes after saving sometimes and it's not producing anything, not moving, anything...

There's currently a bug where Pufts can move freely through closed Airlocks. I had 2 Pufts I thought were captured, but they both passed through a closed airlock freely to an area where I was mining Algae in a Hydrogen pocket.

The only way to trap a Puft is with tiles. You have to build walls the same way you make a natural ladder, but be careful. If you finish a tile and a Puft happens to be there he will die, so make the blocked in area pretty big. Pufts won't fit through the pattern because they are 2 tiles tall.

Natural ladder pattern:

Horizontal:

O_O_O

______

_O_O_

Vertical:

O_

__

_O

__

O_

O = tile