The "What Skins Did You Get This Week?" Megathread

Purple lumberjack shirt, some sort of sneakers I guess... and a sweater vest? Or a waistcoat? Some kind of $.03 classy.

I honestly don't even care about what I get, because, you know, there's nothing to care about.

Just now, ImDaMisterL said:

We need new skins. And a better drop rate.

Maybe both.

Nah, Klei won't improve drop rate, coz most of the rare items' market price will go down, which means that Steam and Klei will get less profit from taxes.

They would not have to mess with the drop rates too much if they just made the trade inn worth while. Then having lots of commons would be more of a blessing then a curse. I mean they should modify the drop rates a little bit (making classy slightly more common for example), but making the trade inn worth it would be most influential, especially for people with lots of commons they don't want like Purple Lumberjack Shirts.

46 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

It's the rarest drop in the game. I got a triumphant Wes once.

Ugh, I remember when my boy @Brikelz got a Triumphant Wigfrid and I got a Survivor Wolfgang.

What's worse is that Wolfgang is one of his mains and Wigfrid is one of mine.

Spoiler

now that I think about it hes one of the luckiest dudes ever, I've seen him unbox Survivor Woodie (aka his favorite skin for his favorite character) and another Elegant that fails to come to memory

Or they could replace the system. Instead of getting gifts randomly a select amount of times each week, you receive gifts as a very rare physical drop from killing enemies. Stronger enemies having a higher chance to drop them while bosses can drop presents which give higher rarity skins in general. In order for this to not be abused with console commands they could finally add a toggle option which allows players to disable console commands on their servers, and presents only drop on servers that have commands disabled. On servers with commands enabled they could just continue to use the older more limited system where people only get so many skins per week.

Instead of sacrificing skins for a random higher rarity one, players could trade in their skins to the Beefalo Trader for a currency they can use to buy specific skins from him. Although trading him skins would only give a moderate amount of currency, so people can use the system to raise currency to buy specific skins they want but it is still more efficient to just pay for them with real money. And trading in skins gives little enough currency that people cannot just buy them in mass then trade them in and get a larger amount of ingame currency to spend then they would with just using real money.

So the ratio would be like, trading in three of one skin type gives you enough currency to buy one specific skin of that type which you actually want. Or such. The ratio could be lower and higher based on the skin rarity so, needing a lot of common skins to get a specific common you want but only needing a few rare skins to get a specific rare one you want.

The prices of the skins in the Trader shop could be scaled to how high they generally are in the market, so that people cannot use the ingame currency to acquire more sought-after skins like GOH Wickerbottom and Wendy more easily.

I can't complain about the skin system too much, as I got the Triumphant Wigfrid in a regular drop, but I've also gotten plenty of good stuff from the Trade Inn. It's meant to encourage regular playing of the game, and it works that way for me. I just wish there were some new skins and another special event like the Halloween and Holiday ones, where for a limited time players were much more likely to get new elegants or distinguisheds. I basically have all the skins I really want at this point, so I've been saving up all the commons I get to trade when we finally get new stuff, and also would  love to get that stuff out of my inventory.

The ANR beta probably spoiled us, tbh, there was such a steady stream of new stuff for so long, and I guess we can't expect that to go on forever. But it would be nice to know that either something or nothing is in the offing. The worst is hoping for new stuff every week and then being disappointed when it doesn't come.

6 hours ago, The Curator said:

Or they could replace the system. Instead of getting gifts randomly a select amount of times each week, you receive gifts as a very rare physical drop from killing enemies. Stronger enemies having a higher chance to drop them while bosses can drop presents which give higher rarity skins in general. In order for this to not be abused with console commands they could finally add a toggle option which allows players to disable console commands on their servers, and presents only drop on servers that have commands disabled. On servers with commands enabled they could just continue to use the older more limited system where people only get so many skins per week.

And the issue with this ends up being mods. Mods could be used to make farming skins incredibly easy. So this would mean it would only apply to people not using mods. And that would be rather unfair to people who use mods to add more difficulty or enhance the base game.

This is also rather unfair to beginners as well.

Archived