Advice on oxygen

So I have three electrolizers running in a closed room with a gas pump a gas filter and a hydrogen generator. I'm not getting enough hydrogen to run the generator and in turn continue pumping oxygen into my base via a vent. In fact the only machine that seems like it does enough is the algae deoxidyzer but algae seems to be a finite resource. I'm having an issue where there isn't enough pressure to grow plants and I'm really not sure what to do at this point. It's cycle 55 my initial starter area is almost mined out, I have a clean water and dirty water storage tanks (and tonnes of clean water). I honestly can't figure out what to do about the oxygen problem. 

Anybody have any suggestions? 

Also how do I screenshot my base I'd like to share a picture in the share your base page :)

One pump scoops 500 g of gas per second tops. Pretty often it's less.

One electrolyzer can generate up to 1 kg of gases per second.

So ... with one pump in that room, you're effectively limiting production of the three electrolyzers to production of half of an electrolyzer. Or maybe 1/3 of an electrolyzer.

To support three electrolyzers, you need six pumps, and three separate gas pipes and three separate gas filters since a gas pipe has maximum throughput 1000 g/s.

16 minutes ago, Obeliske said:

Also how do I screenshot my base I'd like to share a picture in the share your base page

My preferred method is pressing Alt+PrintScreen, then Ctrl+V into imgur.com page open in browser. But you can also use the Steam screenshot key (F12 I guess?)

Of course if you did not try to run your electrolyzers in closed room and just used pumps to gather the hydrogen that collects below the ceiling, one pump would be completely sufficient and it could keep 2-3 hydrogen generators in motion constantly - as long as your electrolyzers won't get blocked by max pressure. You need about 9 dupes to breathe out oxygen generated by single electrolyzer.

I feel like that's not true. Open or closed (just in case the pressure) the 3 electrolizers are just not producing enough hydrogen. Initially I had 1 and 1 and it wasn't running so I increased the number of electrolizers and while that has it running more often it's still not getting nearly enough to run constantly or even half the time.

10 hours ago, Obeliske said:

I feel like that's not true. Open or closed (just in case the pressure) the 3 electrolizers are just not producing enough hydrogen. Initially I had 1 and 1 and it wasn't running so I increased the number of electrolizers and while that has it running more often it's still not getting nearly enough to run constantly or even half the time.

Well, I know for a fact that a single glitched electrolizer can run a single hydrogen generator at full tilt, and there is far more hydrogen in this room then when I first dug it out.  The second electrolizer you see in here I've never had to run yet.  (Haven't felt like getting the Dupes to use up the extra O2)

20170512230303_1.jpg

One thing to note about the hydrogen generator is that you need to put a valve on the pipe before it and set it for 100g/s.  The hydrogen gen uses its built in storage only as buffer and it will not use up its storage if the pipe is empty.  This also happens to things like the air scrubber and the fertilizer makers, so you'll want valves on those too.

Honestly, I wish I didn't feel like I needed to use a glitch like this just to make the darn electrolizers function properly as I've pretty much had the same trouble with them.  In an open system, they function most of the time, but usually bounce around 33% to 66% output and they never really fully pressurize the base, leaving areas of low pressure away from the unit.  Adding more units around the base fills in these pockets of low air pressure but makes them run more closer to 33% output or even off..

AND, they still use a 120 watts of power even when running at reduced outputs!   Argh!  The air scrubber has the same problem.  Burns 120watts even when there's no CO2 around.  That's why I have that whole pipe bridge setup before my scrubber...

I have a small-ish closed room with one electrolizer, two pumps, one filter.  The room is sealed with a doorway and the dups have no need to visit the room.  Valves on the pumps lead into a single pipe through the filter and prevent the pumps from stalling due to piped gas collision.  I have a very long pipe out of the filter for hydrogen running to the generator.  Total energy cost is 720 W.  If I manually start and stop the generator when the batteries are full (six large batteries), then the system is almost self-sufficient.  Here are the problems I've found:  
1) The pumps stop if the air pressure is too low (temporary vacuum lock), reducing output.

2) The pumps stop if the air pressure in the pipes is too high.

2) The electrolizer stops if there is too much air pressure (temporary over-pressure).

3) The generator continues to run, even if the batteries are full, and MUST be stopped manually, then re-started when the batteries are somewhere below the half-way point.

The combination of these three problems results in a net system loss that requires duplicants to run in their hamster wheel on occasion.  However, one electrolizer by itself has kept my base in 1800 to 2kg of oxygen with no other source of oxygen.  When running in my open base, I had to have four electrolizers to keep up with 7 duplicants.  Now one is providing enough oxygen for 9.  The entire system is some-what self-regulating since eventually the oxygen pipes will back up and stop the pumps.

Archived