Are my items safe?

So my Steam got hacked today I still don't know how but still I have my games on my pc and my question was are my DST items safe?

Because I had some really high priced items and I just wanted to know. 

Not really a Don't starve related question or answer, but regardless, items traded on the steam community market have a long (I think it was 3 weeks) verification period during which both parties can cancel the trade. So if you manage to recover your account quickly you should be fine.

Good luck and hope this helps.

1 hour ago, I.E.L said:

So my Steam got hacked today I still don't know how but still I have my games on my pc and my question was are my DST items safe?

Items put up on the community market require the mobile verification, or if you don't have that, a long wait. If your items are up there, you can just cancel them.

As for trades, again they require the mobile verification or two solid weeks before they go through. You can go to your outgoing/incoming trades and cancel them at any time.

Steam has a Trade verification, to prevent this kind of thing from happening.

It helps if you don't play CS:GO also, since hackers looking for items are looking for gun and knife skins, not Smallbird Backpacks.

2 hours ago, I.E.L said:

I recommend you to use Steam Support. This link might help you: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2347-qdfn-4366

Edit: if you will recover your Steam account, next time enable Family View. Enablling this option will secure your account stronger. The hacker will not be able to play your games since he must put the 4 pins in order to access your games and your account. Article for Family View: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5149-EOPC-9918

On 2017-5-10 at 6:09 PM, Weirdobob said:

Items put up on the community market require the mobile verification, or if you don't have that, a long wait. If your items are up there, you can just cancel them.

As for trades, again they require the mobile verification or two solid weeks before they go through. You can go to your outgoing/incoming trades and cancel them at any time.

Well my account is gone so I guess nothing can help me

On 2017-5-10 at 6:10 PM, StarmanNess said:

Steam has a Trade verification, to prevent this kind of thing from happening.

It helps if you don't play CS:GO also, since hackers looking for items are looking for gun and knife skins, not Smallbird Backpacks.

My hole account has been hacked so is it a pointless question?

19 hours ago, I.E.L said:

My hole account has been hacked so is it a pointless question?

Your whole account is gone?

S*** dude, I'm sorry. :?

Guess we really can't help out here, as this is out of Klei's control. (As if they had any control in the situation to begin with, this is a Steam issue and not a DST issue anyway.)

Just now, StarmanNess said:

Your whole account is gone?

S*** dude, I'm sorry. :?

Guess we really can't help out here, as this is out of Klei's control. (As if they had any control in the situation to begin with, this is a Steam issue and not a DST issue anyway.)

I want to make a new account but then all my items are gone and I can't do the puzzles again I wish I could get it all my DST skins back and I wish that Steam was not so easy to be hacked

16 minutes ago, I.E.L said:

I want to make a new account but then all my items are gone and I can't do the puzzles again I wish I could get it all my DST skins back and I wish that Steam was not so easy to be hacked

You should really contact steam, they're the ones who can help you, because as others said it's a steam issue and out of Klei's range. If anyone, Steam can retrieve your account.

By the way, if you have no other way but to make a new account, you'll lose all your skins (not just DST) and must buy the game again to be able to play it, but then you can do the puzzles again too, so at least you'll have those items. (Well, at least if these puzzles aren't time limited as the Cyclum was last year.)

1 minute ago, fimmatek said:

You should really contact steam, they're the ones who can help you, because as others said it's a steam issue and out of Klei's range. If anyone, Steam can retrieve your account.

By the way, if you have no other way but to make a new account, you'll lose all your skins (not just DST) and must buy the game again to be able to play it, but then you can do the puzzles again too, so at least you'll have those items. (Well, at least if these puzzles aren't time limited as the Cyclum was last year.)

I contacted Steam and they say every single time they need more information and with the skins thing I had a really important inventory with two Tragic Torches and a lot of skins that were really expensive  

2 hours ago, fimmatek said:

..at least if these puzzles aren't time limited as the Cyclum was last year.

They probably are. Date provided in preview trailer (or what-the-name-of-it-was), aka June 01 (if I remember well), most likely is the end date of Metheus plus release date of new content regarding that gate thingy (what's beyond Ancient Gateway and/or a new character/Winona etc).

Archived