Astroknot

If threre were to be a new character revealed, who would you want it to be?

Your Choices   85 members have voted

  1. 1. Who would you choose?

    • Wilton
      6
    • Wortox
      6
    • Winnie
      16
    • Wallace
      6
    • Waverly
      7
    • Watricia
      8
    • Someone new!
      23
    • I'd rather have a Wilson rework
      13
  2. 2. Bonus poll: How about the SW cast? (Multi-choice-question) (Optional)

    • Walani?
      27
    • Warly?
      50
    • Wilbur?
      37
    • Woodlegs?
      33

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

96 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Not counting Winona, we already know that she will likely be in the game.

The SW character bonus poll is multi-choice, this means you may vote for one, or multiple, your choice.

This is just a fun poll, to see who people would want to be added to the game alongside the aforementioned character above.

There isn't a lot to say here so... who would you want? Maybe even write a comment below on who you would not want in the game? I don't know what to even write here anymore so I guess I'm ending it here... "The End".

The Unimplemented.png

"The first 5 characters listed in the poll in order; Wilton, Wortox, Winnie, Wallace, and Waverly"

 

Edited by Astroknot
4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheMightyPikachu said:

You forgot Winona.

I think the W___ had to be her/him/it. Kind of hard to guess that though when every character starts with a W

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WishIHadAFridge said:

I think the W___ had to be her/him/it. Kind of hard to guess that though when every character starts with a W

W_____ is Winona, was trying not to spoil it for anyone. Looks like that 2-3 second effort to hide the name was in vain...

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waverly! I often think about how her character would be like..

I feel like she should gain bonus hunger/sanity/health when eating frog legs ,have access to the magic tab without the prestihatitator and have frogs being non-hostile to her.:wilson_sneaky: 

 

For the SW cast, as always, i'd say Wilbur just because he's unique. But i would love all of them to join the cast :)  

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

38 minutes ago, Onetel21 said:

Waverly! I often think about how her character would be like..

I feel like she should gain bonus hunger/sanity/health when eating frog legs ,have access to the magic tab without the prestihatitator and have frogs being non-hostile to her.:wilson_sneaky: 

 

For the SW cast, as always, i'd say Wilbur just because he's unique. But i would love all of them to join the cast :)  

Waverly could be interesting as a reverse Wickerbottom of sorts, while Wickerbottom starts with science machine tech and later on uses a lot of magic books, Waverly could start with prestihatitator tech like you said, but would later use a lot of science-related potions.

The SW cast was multi-choice you could have voted for all of them by-the-way.

 

Edited by Astroknot
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Astroknot said:

W_____ is Winona, was trying not to spoil it for anyone. Looks like that 2-3 second effort to hide the name was in vain...

Practically everyone on the forums knows about Winona

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like a character replaced... though, I know it's not possible at this point. I'd love it if Webber was replaced by Minari.

I know this might trigger some people BUT, Minari feels, design wise at least, more like a DS/DST original character as opposed to Webber. Webber was designed from the idea of him being eaten by a spider and without that, he might just be another Wes. And we don't need that, Wes alone, Wes the best.

I would have liked if Wigfrid was replaced by a certain character as well, in all honesty. Mastema could be an interesting replacement, with him being oriented around avoiding direct combat altogether, however we already have MAxwell as our magician, so...

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I chose Waverly. Apparently she's a witch? I don't know, it just sounds like that would add some more to the magic and ancient tabs. Maybe she could brew potions?

Second, probably Wortox. A demon(?) character sounds interesting, and it could be oriented around caves gameplay.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

24 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

I know this might trigger some people BUT, Minari feels, design wise at least, more like a DS/DST original character as opposed to Webber. Webber was designed from the idea of him being eaten by a spider and without that, he might just be another Wes. And we don't need that, Wes alone, Wes the best.

As much as I feel Webber's perks in DST are not as good as they are in DS, I don't think he's just another Wes he can get a lot of monster meat, silk, glands, mosquito sacks, tentacle spikes, and tentacle spots easily.

Edit: Also I don't think Klei would add any characters that were added in the game by mods by other people, that'd be rude to the creator (I know they would ask) and also quite lazy of them just copy it from a mod.

Edited by GiddyGuy
Had to brake the cold hard truth to him.
3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GiddyGuy said:

As much as I feel Webber's perks in DST are not as they are in DS, I don't thinhk he's just another Wes he can get a lot of monster meat, silk, glands, mosquito sacks, tentacle spikes, and tentacle spots easily.

Edit: Also I don't think Klei would add any characters that were added in the game by mods by other people, that'd be rude to the creator (I know they would ask) and also quite lazy of them just copy it from a mod.

You read what I said wrong; Webber would be another Wes if it weren't for the fact that he's in a spider body. Hehas no perks relating to anything that isn't him being in a spider body. Why this is such an issue for me is that the character is based off of an existing mob in a way that makes Webber be just some boring kid before he came to the world. Minari is very much the same in a sense, however,  shadow aren't something insignificant to the story while spiders kind of are. I might not be making too much sense... Hard to put my finger on why Minari would be a good replacement for him... May be because I don't find h that creative to begin with and him being a character thatwas introduced merely because of the demand at the time. I still don't get why some people absess over that character.

How exactly qould it be disrespectful to the creators? In fact, characters as mods are already getting a bunch of hate merely for being mods!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Humans are boring. Give me that freaky dog demon Wortox! 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

You read what I said wrong; Webber would be another Wes if it weren't for the fact that he's in a spider body. Hehas no perks relating to anything that isn't him being in a spider body. Why this is such an issue for me is that the character is based off of an existing mob in a way that makes Webber be just some boring kid before he came to the world. Minari is very much the same in a sense, however,  shadow aren't something insignificant to the story while spiders kind of are. I might not be making too much sense... Hard to put my finger on why Minari would be a good replacement for him... May be because I don't find h that creative to begin with and him being a character thatwas introduced merely because of the demand at the time. I still don't get why some people absess over that character.

How exactly qould it be disrespectful to the creators? In fact, characters as mods are already getting a bunch of hate merely for being mods!

But they managed to give Webber a unique personality.

Also Ghosts and Magical books are just as insignificant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

You read what I said wrong; Webber would be another Wes if it weren't for the fact that he's in a spider body. Hehas no perks relating to anything that isn't him being in a spider body. Why this is such an issue for me is that the character is based off of an existing mob in a way that makes Webber be just some boring kid before he came to the world. Minari is very much the same in a sense, however,  shadow aren't something insignificant to the story while spiders kind of are. I might not be making too much sense... Hard to put my finger on why Minari would be a good replacement for him... May be because I don't find him that creative to begin with and him being a character that was introduced merely because of the demand at the time. I still don't get why some people obsess over that character.

I don't really get why Webber would have to be replaced in your reasoning, seems to me like you just don't like him. Actually, we have no idea whether or not Webber was eaten by the spider before or after being taken into the world ("That's the guy who said he could help us." - Webber) So really the argument that he was a boring kid before he came to the world isn't really valid, considering we have no idea about Webber's backstory in that respect.

I find Webber unique because he reverses the usual, pigs are bad, spiders are good, its not that he's creative per say, but that he's unique. I do think his character concept was pretty creative though, I don't think people would have liked him as much If he was just a humanoid spider.

 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Winnie obviously. But I'd also like to know what Watricia looks like. I wonder if there's any concept art of her that was made?

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

28 minutes ago, Usagibro said:

But I'd also like to know what Watricia looks like. I wonder if there's any concept art of her that was made?

There's no concept art of Watricia in the files as she apparently was scrapped quite early into her development, however Klei does have the art of her supposedly (If it was actually finished), but they've never shown it off. All we know is that she was a mail carrier, cause her main starting item was a mailpack, and she apparently had Rawling as a starting item as well. (who was instead added in the game without her)

Edited by Astroknot
4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

I might not be making too much sense

Honestly took the words right out of my mouth.

3 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

I still don't get why some people absess over that character.

Because staying alive as him is easy when you can get easy food, his character is cute, and I guess people like his personality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Astroknot said:

There's no concept art of Watricia in the files as she apparently was scrapped quite early into her development, however Klei does have the art of her supposedly (If it was actually finished), but they've never shown it off. All we know is that she was a mail carrier, cause her main starting item was a mailpack, and she apparently had Rawling as a starting item as well. (who was instead added in the game without her)

Apperently she was scrapped because they liked Wilbur better
that could make sense why her item is in the SW world.
though this is just a well traveled rumor unless someone can find a leak or something.

 

9 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Wallace always got me curious. He might just be Woodlegs, but I'd still like to see another elder figure to the group, like Wickerbottom.

Aww same
though if we go off concept and genral consensu of how people modded Wallace in before SW 

I think its safe to make the assuption that Wallace became Woodlegs.

As for other characters I tend to like characters that are grounded in reality. So I just couldn't really be happy with Wotox or Wilton. As I feel the World should be strange not us the player so there would be a disconnect there.
Wes 
Warly
seem like actual people you could honestly meet, which is why I like them the best and Woodie if you just took out the part of him being a werebeaver.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now