is "A new reign" the last update for dst?

Considering how coy Klei have been on stream regarding Winona, they ARE still working on her. But that doesn't mean she is immune to being scrapped as a character idea if they don't like how she turns out.

In terms of further content updates, they put that teaser video involving the Atrium Gateway and Charlie showing she is up to something. So they do plan to do something with that. No idea how huge or small it will be, no idea when.

The end of the Metheus puzzle seems to strongly hint that there's more to come. That, and content updates are kinda important when it comes to keeping multiplayer games alive. So I'm fairly certain we'll see more, but just not for a while.

I'd rather want bug fixes and some actual useful changes for many items/mobs even some characters (yes, Wilson is a scientist). For example Gloomer wings etc. I'm still hoping that portal is hiding something. Yes, reseting the cave with it, it's a good thing, many resources are revived but since Charlie herself was there at the portal, picking the rose from the ground might mean the portal will have something more attached to it ? In the end, I don't really want a new character. There are more existing things which don't have a purpose now. I really hope Klei will pay some attention to them. Some updates from the past feel kinda unfinished.

....Hope nobody's expecting some big change to Wilson. Him being the standard character, with no great strengths or weaknesses IS his thing. The player that a new character should use to cut their teeth on the game, or just someone who wants simpler gameplay.

Regardless, I feel very very confident that Klei is NOT done with DST by any means at all. They're either keeping us in suspense, or it actually isn't ready yet and they're working on it. Also, when I asserted a similar thing earlier on, JoeW liked the post. That can't be nothing. : P

17 hours ago, Mananu said:

In the end, I don't really want a new character. 

I would REALLY love to see a new character, no matter what it will be. It's fun to explore new abilities and try new strategies. I'm pretty sure klei will add a new character to the game, because everyone wants it so much.

A New Reign was the latest major update, there will still be updates, such as hotfixes and boring things to occupy and distract us so they can work on other things, just like DS got SW last summer, so there might be something else added later, but yes even if it may take excruciatingly long for them to have major or any updates like with DS it probably will happen.

If I had a nickel for every time one of these threads were posted, I would be able to afford hallowed light skins for everyone on this forum, and then some. The answer has always been this: No. The metheus puzzles (and leak of winona) have proved that there is going to be more content.

On 5/11/2017 at 6:33 AM, Chaos2 said:

If I had a nickel for every time one of these threads were posted, I would be able to afford hallowed light skins for everyone on this forum, and then some. The answer has always been this: No. The metheus puzzles (and leak of winona) have proved that there is going to be more content.

all of the unimplemented characters and other mobs were once leaked and guess what? were in together now. rog and shipwrecked passed without seeing these characters.

Archived