Base in atrium

So I finally got around to finding this biome and getting around seems to use a lot of the lazy explorer (did read something about going insane?).    I have 5 of these but I don't know how many jumps will be required yet.

Anyways, given how far away this entrance is I thought it might be expedient to build a mini base (can you sleep here?) at the beginning of the labyrinth where there is nothing hostile.   2-3 tents, ice box, crock pot, fire pit, chests and a mushroom planter perhaps.   Then again once I use the key it's nonstop nightmare mode so sleeping may not be possible?   In which case I will make the base where the big tentacle is on the level above.

thoughts?

Any of those ideas would work perfectly fine, use the Nightmare Amulet to traverse the Atrium, plop it on to pass a wall and then take it off. Should try to save on Lazy Explorer charges (20 uses). But if you're stacked on gems to decon with it doesn't really matter. You can toss another source of light there so you don't have to turn the Gateway on with the key.

Also Bee Queen Crown is pretty nice to use with the lights.

3 hours ago, Mencken said:

Hmm.   So with the nightmare amulet I can cross barriers, excellent.  What do you mean by tossing source of light so I don't have use the key?  

I think what he meant was that you can put a campfire there or a source of light, so that you don't have to put the key in the gateway, because when you put the key in it also turns on a few lights around the atrium labyrinth 

Archived