Thank you, Klei - New voting system

I came back to dst after not playing it for a while and I noticed vote system changes - which are simply amazing.

Most of those changes are exactly like me and other people suggested and you can already see huge difference when playing on not moderated servers.

No more griefers abusing votes.

Late joiners actually try to cooperate and communicate instead trying to push for world regen immediately.

All that angry trolls can do now is join server, throw few insults and quit, they cannot ruin normal players experience so easily anymore.

Feels so good to see someone punished for trying to dodge kick by quitting.

I played two longer games so far and both were amazing experience.

Thank you.

I remember reading several comments of yours trying to argue against the former system, I know you share the relief. I've recovered full faith now and am even prone to build bases near portals to be as welcoming as possible. Game is playable again.

Thank you so much Klei! You made your multiplayer game playable in multiplayer! It only took you a couple months to prioritize it too!

One more down.

- Rose Collection

- Open the Store

- Fix Willow

- Voting System Rework

- Make more variants of skins no body uses that cost double digits already

- Make puzzle so obnoxious it lowers peoples sanity in real life

- Add Winona

- Buff Woodie

1 hour ago, GiddyGuy said:

What needs fixing?

her lighter and fire resistance.

at the moment the lighter is pretty much just a portable cooker with a small light radius, it could be improved by making it refuelable or letting everyone cook on it. So you could have wigfrid supplying gear, maxwell supplying the resources and willow supplying the portable cooking stations for things like a patch  of green caps or a lot of cactuses that need cooking ASAP.

her fire resistance is pretty much not a real advantage except for extinguishing smolders. Which you almost never actually do if it's a large scale fire. This perk really only applies to extinguishing a tree repeatedly so it doesn't cause a forest fire.

3 minutes ago, Palecwsmalec1 said:

or letting everyone cook on it.

This I agree with, how can someone not understand how to cook with a lighter?

3 minutes ago, Palecwsmalec1 said:

it could be improved by making it refuelable

How would this improve it? You can just make a million and keep them in chest for later use when you run out.

35 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

How would this improve it? You can just make a million and keep them in chest for later use when you run out.

to elaborate: make it refuelable, have a little less durability and a bigger light radius.

Or it could simply not be changed at all. i'unno.

Q: Hey, Wilson, what are you?

A: Well, obviously a gentleman scientist, good sir!

Q: And what can you do in that capacity?

A: Why grow a magnificent beard of course!

Q: ................

How come a librarian can access all tier 1 science stuff and a scientist... not?!

So yeah, is pretty nice that troll voters don't wildly reset servers anymore, but what about burners? Hammerers?!

Again:

Something can be done against pyro/hammering griefers: make a certain radius around spawn gate in which players cannot place spider eggs and/or walls, make built structures deconstructible by builder-only and/or with said builder acknowledgement, and do a special animation for when someone tries to burn a structure in same manner as to when trying the resurrection of Abigail - at last moment character stops saying something like "No, can't do stuff so vile bla-bla" (at least in the case of non-PvP matches).

?!?!???...

tl;dr they're both scientists.

Wilson's a gentleman scientist, which is to say more of a well-educated hobbyist / inventor with no day job.  It's implied he invented some of the meat effigies, since they look like him.

Wickerbottom presumably has an education in library and information science.  Judging by the books she publishes and the things she says, she's fairly knowledgeable about field biology and agriculture as well.  

2 hours ago, xxVERSUSxy said:

make built structures deconstructible by builder-only and/or with said builder acknowledgement

Except then a new method of griefing opens up: building random junk in your base that takes up your building space. And/or insulting signs everywhere in your camp.

2 hours ago, xxVERSUSxy said:

do a special animation for when someone tries to burn a structure in same manner as to when trying the resurrection of Abigail - at last moment character stops saying something like "No, can't do stuff so vile bla-bla" (at least in the case of non-PvP matches).

Easily avoided by 1: dropping a burnable item next to the structure(s) you want to burn or 2: setting down a campfire and throw in some logs so it's fire spreads.

37 minutes ago, TemporaryMan said:

tl;dr they're both scientists.

Wilson's a gentleman scientist, which is to say more of a well-educated hobbyist / inventor with no day job.  It's implied he invented some of the meat effigies, since they look like him.

Wickerbottom presumably has an education in library and information science.  Judging by the books she publishes and the things she says, she's fairly knowledgeable about field biology and agriculture as well.  

Very true, Wilsons education is in hairology hence the mess-proof hair and magnificent beard. He also wrote a book on gravity defying pigtails.

9 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Except then a new method of griefing opens up: building random junk in your base that takes up your building space. And/or insulting signs everywhere in your camp.

That would be a sight to be seen: the building troll! "Beware the griefer builder: they will build EVERYWHERE!"

Jokes aside, griefing - as others already pointed - is about instant gratification. They come mid game or so with their trusted griefer torch and/or hammer and flame/smash what they can, type something insulting in chat if being the vocal type, and PUF! gone in the virtual web's wind with a *ROLF*. If "structures are deconstructible by builder-only and/or with said builder acknowledgement" indeed some trolls will spam-build but I'm sure only a really REALLY small fraction of them griefers would be that persistent and dedicated in their insanity. Plus an amendment to that rule: if builder leaves server, structure becomes 'orphan'/public domain and can be hammered by anyone. As stated, trolls don't stick around for long - that would mean they have to survive and make things; they just leave after the deed is done to start anew on another server with same trolling/immediate gratification. The funny end-situation of the "building troll" would be they actually provide you with materials after they're gone, lel *thumbs up for troll-builders everywhere*

9 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Easily avoided by 1: dropping a burnable item next to the structure(s) you want to burn or 2: setting down a campfire and throw in some logs so it's fire spreads.

The *don't do that* animation would apply to flaming stuff too close to buildings as well if ignition radius encompasses said buildings - simply put your character will refrain from lighting anything too close to player-build structures. Yes, that could interfere with "burning stuff at my feet to worm up/need ashes RIGHT HERE AND NOW" but let's be honest: if you need to do that in base... you need to learn the game 'a bit' more - same being valid for camp fire too close to inflammable player-build structures too.

I also know one can plant trees/saplings/etc and then chain-fire it up, by-passing proposed non-ignition radius. But at least the above measures would filter a good chunk of griefing with ease. That or.... just leave it as it was/is. Like the troll-voting - except said voting was sorted out. Thus it can be done ;)

56 minutes ago, xxVERSUSxy said:

but let's be honest: if you need to do that in base... you need to learn the game 'a bit' more - same being valid for camp fire too close to inflammable player-build structures too.

That's kind of the point of fire to teach you to be more careful with fire, have you not seen the trailers where it even says "Don't play with fire?" That'd be very idiotic of them remove fire ever being a problem, and if you say "Summer exists" then I'll just rebuttle with "Caves exist."

54 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

That's kind of the point of fire to teach you to be more careful with fire, have you not seen the trailers where it even says "Don't play with fire?" That'd be very idiotic of them remove fire ever being a problem, and if you say "Summer exists" then I'll just rebuttle with "Caves exist."

You mean this trailer:

Sure! But that's for Don't Starve, solo, and chap there was actually flamey-o! a forest with fire staff in same manner nice-and-friendly trolls/griefers would do in Together. Plus you don't learn how to play in my base, thank you. You do it on your own/with help from patient-and-understanding friends, preferably on your server where you can YOLO the F out of everything, all to your heart's content - that's also an etiquette of being considerate towards others when you know your lack of knowledge can mess up someone's hard work.

If you wanna learn the game in pubs thou, sure, by all means, but do so beside your structures/base, not someone else's. OR make another filter, like a "safe mode" where administrators/moderators can enable/disable what I pointed out above. One thing's certain: we cannot just ignore trolls in dedicated servers. You can blame admins not being there, no moderators 24/7 on, it's kinda an entire new discussion. And if that didn't occur all this time, maybe automated measures should be implemented?! That or "HA! Is YOUR fault for playing in public servers, you n00b! Anyone knows if something can be destroyed it will and that is as it should, hehehe!" (and it sounds terribly close to what a big ol' troll would say as loco justification of one's douchebag actions)

PS: yeah, rollback is your friend. But what about when there are just 1-2 people left on server after caring griefer burned/hammered down your base? Or after you go for supplies and came back some days later to find your base as a nice charcoal-cake?! Bonus: if server can rollback just ONE day! Lovely times, right?!

17 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

I mean this trailer, chap.

And what does exactly that video supports? No "campfire accidentally too close to structures it starts a wildfire" theory-of-learning for sure. Just a not-nerfed-yet Willow burning with lighter hay walls - the EXACT thing trolls learn to gladly do (same manner as the other video - both depicting deliberate acts of arsoning). Is that a video pointing out possible griefing behavior? It sure looks like it :applouse: *sarcastic rhetoric off*

chap buddy-o mate pal, i have to be honest with y'all. I don't really care about griefers

now before you jump at me, i'm just going to say that getting mad at them is not worth my time or energy. I never actually suffer that much of a loss when someone griefs the community base, it usually ends up in "hammer every burnt structure and re-build it" he might take a couple of chests, and if they burn an expansive farm (which probably won't happen as soon as you begin crafting flingos), we'll begin work on re-planting it all. It's a pretty tedious process admittedly and a pointless annoyance, but i've never found it really that life-ruining.it's probably a lot more hurtful to other players who are way more invested in the game than i am, but i personally could care less. It rarely actually happens on pubs anyway(speaking from MY personal experiences mind you).

What point am i trying to make with this? I dunno. I guess i wanted to share my view on griefing.

...notorious :applouse::applouse::applouse::applouse:

3 hours ago, Palecwsmalec1 said:

...notorious :applouse::applouse::applouse::applouse:

I can't tell if your whole post was a parody or just this portion
But please don't do this Or I'm going to have another Annoyance to see of wasted space

Spoiler

ALL SHE HAS TO DO IS PUT IT IN THE SIG BAR IF SHE WANTS IT ON EVERY FRICKIN' POST

WHY whats the poijnt

Whats with the sig line anyway ...Notorious

I'm I suppose to know you 
are you an edgelord

A bandit Despardo well-known on the internet for your most annoying typing style
UgH drives me up a wall

I'm not even going to touch the stupid formatting

I get that your trying to convey emotion and meaning as you write your post but could you use actual formatting at all  Not your stupid made up kind that I swear gives me a headache when I try to read the 6 paragraph reply that could be summed into 5 sentences. And makes you come off as if every post your having your also have an emotional breakdown.

Ugh anyway rant over its really become a pet peeve at this point with how annoying it is>

I might edit this out though its pretty attacking I guess idk

Archived