JohnWatson

kiting
Make spiders match their attack radius

7 posts in this topic

I think we should take the third option, you've done a great job with it.

1 person likes this

2/10 not enough legs

2 people like this

Just now, CatBurger said:

I think we should take the third option, you've done a great job with it.

Yes, it's ridiculous how normal spiders literally have an attack radius of 3 metres (0.75 turfs) meanwhile their attack animation barely move an inch. I believe my third proposed change would make the 3-metre attack radius easier to acknowledge for players.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

They acknowledged and fixed this with bees, but Klei decided to go with the first option here, it likely took too much time and effort and basically broke the game as we know it, now that the bees are not blessed with elongated invisible stingers. Now, I think it's time to do the same with spiders and I think that the solution here is obvious, and John has already kindly provided the assets.

Pick number three, my lord.

Edited by Ressayez
1 person likes this

that third option actually looks kinda cool if you look past the jokes. Spider warrior looking real threatening, i like it!

1 person likes this

I am not sure I have an issue with this in the case of Spider Warriors (and all Cave/Ruins-based leaping spider variants) as their leaping attack already telegraphs that they are a threat from a greater distance than one might assume. I agree in the case of standard spiders, though (and in seriousness I think your mockup for the standard spider is not half bad; I think there is probably a middle ground to be reached between extending its limb length and the animation of its lunge that could look very reasonable.)

In the case of the Spider Queen I am somewhat more in favor of decreasing her attack radius, and perhaps buffing her in other respects to compensate (more frequent spider minion spawns? higher ratio of warriors to regular spiders spawned?)

1 person likes this