Showcase for Oasis bases

OO ok. My base, as for now, is not enough impressive to be in the "tidy base showcase" thread, but it is an Oasis base. The desert and the Oasis are just near PK, so I had to make it my main. Still it is kinda hard to expand from there. 

Capture d’écran 2017-05-06 à 12.25.03.png

Capture d’écran 2017-05-06 à 12.26.32.png

7 minutes ago, Kittydub said:

20170315145454_1.jpg

350ableep.jpg

Don't play on this Server anymore though. 

I was wondering this. Can you extend the Oasis by adding Meadow turfs to it, like you´ve done here? By extend, I mean extend the effect that you can walk normally without goggles and things won´t smoulder. 

39 minutes ago, brbrmensch said:

it's glass

you get it when you burn the sandspikes (there are also glasscastles)

Thanks, I totally forgot the name. (as you can see by my description of the thing, lol)

3 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

I was wondering this. Can you extend the Oasis by adding Meadow turfs to it, like you´ve done here? By extend, I mean extend the effect that you can walk normally without goggles and things won´t smoulder.

Side note on this as well, nothing smolders in the entirety of the oasis desert biome, it's not just the middle oasis pond section, that area just has the benefit of not being affected by the sandstorm slow. Pretty nifty mega-base biome for anyone interested.

Planting juicy berry bushes around the oasis is fun because they look like cattails/rushes. But these bases just make me wish even harder that the oasis was filled with water year 'round! I would base there every game just for how great it looked. Make it only give trinkets or fish in summer or whatever it takes to keep it from seeming OP, but give us the option of building a lake house!

9 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

Planting juicy berry bushes around the oasis is fun because they look like cattails/rushes. But these bases just make me wish even harder that the oasis was filled with water year 'round! I would base there every game just for how great it looked. Make it only give trinkets or fish in summer or whatever it takes to keep it from seeming OP, but give us the option of building a lake house!

Yeah, I always found it odd that there's only water during the hottest season in the year. But in the more mild seasons it just all suddenly vanishes.

(I also wish the radius that the oasis protects from the sandstorm was a little bigger as well)

2 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Yeah, I always found it odd that there's only water during the hottest season in the year. But in the more mild seasons it just all suddenly vanishes.

(I also wish the radius that the oasis protects from the sandstorm was a little bigger as well)

I believe it's meant to seem that the rain from spring fills it up. I think it'd be neat if as summer goes on the oasis slowly dwindles out, not the point of being unusable, but making the radius in which you can fish get ever smaller until summer ends, when nothing's left.

1 hour ago, Rellimarual said:

Do the succulents grow back even when the turf has been replaced with manmade turfs?

Need to test it, but I imagine they should (unless you burn them etc.). Anyway, I'm going to watch this thread as there are lovely examples and we're building our first oasis base on Encore as well.

Fun fact: it's next to the hound mound setpiece, so we have a great source of monster meat and hound teeth. Had to remove nine mounds or so, leaving just three, or it would be unplayable, but now it's great.

Archived