Multi Core vs High clock rate.

Most games run better with higher clock processor rather than more core with lower clock. 

If you mainly use the computer to play games, intel is a better choice. Especially if you don't have any issue with budget.

My experience is that at least 20 to 25 dupes and loads of pumping does not tax a Ryzen at ~3.5 Ghz much, why 3.5? well it doesn't boost higher than that for me while playing. Either option can't really take into account future content and optimizations though.

I just thought I should drop in on the forums as I have first hand experience, may try to be active now that I have an account too. ^^

Don't think that higher clock speed or more cores means better. It comes down to the overall architecture.

My CPU has 8 cores at 4GHz. It would be almost top tier by that mentality, while it's in fact maybe a bit above average.

4 hyperthreaded cores @ 4.4Ghz and i think intel is doing really really BAD job. First generation i7 9xx vs current model i7 7700K is barely 50% more computing power. It should've been like 800 - 1600% more computing power! 50% more computing power is debatable upgrade option. If you have 4xxx then you're good for at least 10 years, unless silicon Jesus brings some needed speed boost.

Archived