404 game not found

1 minute ago, Ashkain said:

So, by your logic all you should do in this game is sit around a camp fire and not starve to death, occasionally fighting off a hound attack and Deerclops. Right.

Well, some people who play this game play it for the adventure, they play it to do new feats of strength like killing the Toadstool or Fuelweaver. Some people just want to dominate the world and make it theirs.

Just because you lack the wanderlust to do anything in the game doesn't mean its flawed. Not every game needs a quest giver to tell you what to do. Its your world, your rules! If you wanna play it like you do and complain its boring and easy then thats 100% your fault.

What?

And what killing those bosses is doing for me? NOTHING. Beside like I mentioned killing them solo is not a problem, I have constructed pig village and what not, that is just weak sandbox, a bit of time sink and nothing more, doing all sort of things on top of stronger and more balanced survial aspect would be much more interesting, but survival aspect got butchered.

So you mostly run around empty world without any risk of death from any source, there is no events beside hound attack every now and then, but say hello to a bush hat, and few hours long hound attack warning, so that is not even a problem you need to face if you are not willing to do so.

And now you will star with adventure, lol, I have whole map explored by day 19, with like 30 spider dens killed before winter, but I dont do anything, sure I just stare at the screen and munch on meatballs every now and then, sure.

14 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

Where are other things like solar eclipse with nightmares running wild, where are mechanics that would add some kind of actual gameplay, like removing nightmares that are overtaking over some parts of the world etc.

Then mod those things in. I'm sure you're not the only person who would appreciate a hard mode mod in this vein. I understand that the Unnatural Selection team might be doing something similar, but if you would rather spearhead your own hard mode mod then by all means go ahead. It's possible that the devs could implement something like this, but I wouldn't hold out hope for it.

Have you ever thought of changing up your method of gameplay? improving on certain things? how are you supposed to entertain yourself if your idea of autumn is explore the map by day 19, hug a campfire and eat meatballs? Pretty sure I'd have made it 14 hours into DST at max with that playstyle.

We're only being literal with what you're typing because we would like to help you think of different ways of playing the game that would entertain yourself, I personally doubt you've done everything. A lot of things are "Optional content" as you put it, does that equate them to be worthless? do things need to appear and eat all your resources or attempt to kill you? how long until you're so good at defending yourself you're bored of that too?

I fight bosses to gear up, the FW currently is pretty challenging done solo without cheese. The gear it gives is a worthwhile upgrade, the thurible is extremely useful in a variety of ways.

You want to stop sitting by a campfire eating meatballs, play picky eater? how far can you make it in a world setting such as that? The real issue here is we could pitch various large quantities of game content to you, but if you're burned out of the game you're just going to reject every single idea with "no no no" form. You can easily convince yourself there is something to change to return that value to you. Unfortunately we can't convince you as easily, there is nothing we or Klei can do to change if that is the case here.

Have feedback? post it and gives Klei ideas to work on. Have ideas you know won't be part of the core game but they still really appeal to you anyway? code.

1 hour ago, Cheetos said:

you're just going to reject every single idea with "no no no" form. You can easily convince yourself there is something to change to return that value to you.

Humans hate losing. Especially arguments.

But that's a bit off-topic, isn't it?

1 hour ago, Cheetos said:

Have you ever thought of changing up your method of gameplay? improving on certain things? how are you supposed to entertain yourself if your idea of autumn is explore the map by day 19, hug a campfire and eat meatballs? Pretty sure I'd have made it 14 hours into DST at max with that playstyle.

We're only being literal with what you're typing because we would like to help you think of different ways of playing the game that would entertain yourself, I personally doubt you've done everything. A lot of things are "Optional content" as you put it, does that equate them to be worthless? do things need to appear and eat all your resources or attempt to kill you? how long until you're so good at defending yourself you're bored of that too?

I fight bosses to gear up, the FW currently is pretty challenging done solo without cheese. The gear it gives is a worthwhile upgrade, the thurible is extremely useful in a variety of ways.

You want to stop sitting by a campfire eating meatballs, play picky eater? how far can you make it in a world setting such as that? The real issue here is we could pitch various large quantities of game content to you, but if you're burned out of the game you're just going to reject every single idea with "no no no" form. You can easily convince yourself there is something to change to return that value to you. Unfortunately we can't convince you as easily, there is nothing we or Klei can do to change if that is the case here.

Have feedback? post it and gives Klei ideas to work on. Have ideas you know won't be part of the core game but they still really appeal to you anyway? code.

Optional content is worthless if the game bores the hell out of me even before I can get to the optional part.

Daily survial is just bland, and lacking any substance due to easy crowd whining 24/7 if anything needs some effort to get instead of just being handed for them for free on a silver plate.

22 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

Daily survial is just bland, and lacking any substance due to easy crowd whining 24/7 if anything needs some effort to get instead of just being handed for them for free on a silver plate.

Not everyone finds the game as easy as you do _Q_ a lot of people are still challenged by it, and making it harder based on your desires alone wouldn't be fun for that player base.

31 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

Optional content is worthless if the game bores the hell out of me even before I can get to the optional part.

Then... play another game? You really aren't telling us what you think can be changed or improved. You just keep saying, "I'm bored now."

If you want a challenge, the Souls series exist. You could have some fun with that. You know what I mean, right? Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Demon Souls. Give those a whirl. They have PvP, an environment that can kill you if you aren't paying attention, bosses you need to fight in order to progress, a variety of weapons and other stuff.

The game becomes more enjoyable if you manage your time and learn hoe to survive without a base. I'm making the wild assumption you're the type that just stays in their base and makes meatballs for the rest of their life, though.

Learn how to do things without unnecessarily wasting time and you'll find that you're going to have more than enough time to do other activities than sitting in your base and making meatballs. After all, time is our greatest limited resource.

47 minutes ago, JustAPineapple said:

Not everyone finds the game as easy as you do _Q_ a lot of people are still challenged by it, and making it harder based on your desires alone wouldn't be fun for that player base.

If you played for 200 hours and you get smacked by spider quenn or your base gets destroyed by Deerclops I have bad news for you.

12 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

If you played for 200 hours and you get smacked by spider quenn or your base gets destroyed by Deerclops I have bad news for you.

I'm done arguing with you the point i was trying to make went completely over your head. 

if your bored of Don't starve just playing something else 

29 minutes ago, JustAPineapple said:

I'm done arguing with you the point i was trying to make went completely over your head. 

if your bored of Don't starve just playing something else 

What point? There was none in there in the first place.

Game got butchered update after update, they added sanity only to nerf it into oblivion week later cause people were crying and that pattern always presist, they add something then tons of noobs flood the forums and week later the mechanic is gone completly.

You can expect to die a few times while being new to the game and playing it blind without looking at the wiki, its acceptable and completly normal learnig expirience, now dying in DST while there is few other people around has no consequences whatsoever, you can use a touchstone or just wait and get a heart from someone. So on top of overnerfed mechanics we now have more hands to deal with them.

Game is way to easy, always been cause whining crowds on froums are to strong.

1 hour ago, JohnWatson said:

The game becomes more enjoyable if you manage your time and learn hoe to survive without a base. I'm making the wild assumption you're the type that just stays in their base and makes meatballs for the rest of their life, though.

Learn how to do things without unnecessarily wasting time and you'll find that you're going to have more than enough time to do other activities than sitting in your base and making meatballs. After all, time is our greatest limited resource.

I said this before, but I see you didn't notice, I don't sit in base, I show up there to cook some food every 4 - 5 days or so. From all structures you only really need to have pot after a while, since you have unlocked crafting stuff.

I agree that sometimes Don't Starve Together can feel a little... Meaningless without any real purpose when you get to a certain point in the game. However, I think you need to understand that your opinions aren't facts, and some players might not find the game as easy as you do.

5 hours ago, _Q_ said:

I said is befoe, but I wwoyou did't notice, I don't sit in base, I show up there to cook some food every 4 - 5 days or so. From all structures you only really need to have pot after a while, since you have unlocked crafting stuff

What do you do outside your base? A lot of people find challenge in killing every boss in their world at least once and/or making themselves a pretty megabase. Or do the opposite and try to survive as long as possible without making a permanent base, it's still easy to survive that way even as Wolfgang.

I'm not saying the game doesn't need improvement, it certainly does, particularly on mechanics that are tedious and unchallenging like diseases. What do you think the game should improve upon?

Maybe the game should be renamed into Don't Die.

But really, this actually happens to all survival games.

I can't think of a single survival game where I died of starvation once I got some kind of grip on them.

Not Minecraft, not Subnautica, not The Long Dark, not The Forest, not ARK, not Starbound, not Rust.

The only stuff that set the plateau of stability higher was the introduction of the Ewecus (like the Varg) and the Antlion (that you must kill or appease if you don't want to risk sinkholes or cave ins appearing). Everything else is optional (Bee Queen, Toadstool, Shadow Bosses, Dragonfly) and is intended to require a team, which means you will solo them once (or ignore them completely except maybe for Ancient Fuelweaver because ruins regen is dope) and then never again unless there are 6+ people on the server (in which case it's a 5 minutes or less cakewalk). You can pretty much remove almost all "A New Reign" content and a lot of people would continue playing the game the same way.

Goes to show how difficult is to create something of the likes of Reign of Giants.

55 minutes ago, DarkXero said:

You can pretty much remove almost all "A New Reign" content and a lot of people would continue playing the game the same way.

The other day I experimented with something similar.

I usually base near the Ruins. Someone asked where my base was, because it was a public server and everything above-ground was burning and they wanted somewhere to go. I said that it was somewhere where most people never look.
They guessed a variety of above-ground locations, from inside Dragonfly's den to random locations off in the middle of a stone biome. Over multiple in-game days of them guessing, the entire cave dimension never came up.
The potential griefers left, so I finally mentioned where it was, and they still had no idea how to get there. I was about to leave, so I led the last few people on the server to it; all of them died on the way because they didn't know how to deal with the caves in general.

It's amazing how much content people don't even consider looking at. Heck, most of the time when I do join/start a surface base, even obtaining light bulbs doesn't occur to the other occupants.

There's a lot to the game, and a lot of different ways to play it. I get bored really quickly solo or if I'm on the surface world too much.
If you can't find anything interesting, try something new. Or maybe just take a break. Playing any one game for too long can get really repetitive.

18 hours ago, _Q_ said:

Game is way to easy, always been cause whining crowds on froums are to strong.

Yes, bad bad whining crowds on forum. They are so mean to destroy your game.

Or maybe you aren't able to enjoy the game anymore and will not enjoy it even with more difficulty. Because you know that some points you are complaining about are easy to fix with preset (not even mod, preset), like making food less common.

You can mods things too. Yes, people are asking you to mod things to make game harder. You know why ?

First because you are complaining like if it's easy to make the game harder. If it's so easy, do it yourself and don't complain everytime you are around about how the game is too easy and casual people are ruining the game.

Second, because it's easier to make a game not to hard and add ways to add difficulty (preset, characters, mods), rather than making it hard and ask people to mod it, because in the second case, people will not stay. They will not try a game that require mods to be playable.

And third, guess what. Some people want the game to be easier, and they use mod for that too. So why shouldn't you ? Are you so important that the way you enjoy the game should be the normal one ? Is it really a benefit for the community and the game ?

Not everyone enjoy challenge as the same level as you. Especially, not everyone enjoy this everytime. I would like sometimes a world changing and becoming harder over time, with less food for example, or news challenges, news wheater. And sometimes i enjoy the game as it is.

Also, some people find hard things that i find mostly boring or annoying, like the smoldering in summer. Yeah, when i'm exploring the world i don't want random fires that aren't a danger and just destroy things, i don't like to see things destroyed in the world, it's, for me, annoying and discourage me to explore.

Snow in RoG beta was hard, for me. It gave you wetness, so you had to manage with wetness, cold and often, insanity because of wetness. I would like to make a mod adding this if i can manage to do it a day. But i also know that i would probably manage it better now than i was in RoG. Because of knowledge and because the first days of betas didn't have some cloths options.

But other than that, i don't feel like i saw a lot of good ideas about how to make the game harder without making it tedious, forcing you to only prepare for the next season instead of, time to time, doing things to enjoy the game or making it too hard to learn for begginer.

So maybe it's not only the "casual whining crowd" the problem but the "expert" players that don't have good ideas, constructive criticism, or way to improve the game for them without impacting others badly.

4 hours ago, Lumina said:

Yes, bad bad whining crowds on forum. They are so mean to destroy your game.

Or maybe you aren't able to enjoy the game anymore and will not enjoy it even with more difficulty. Because you know that some points you are complaining about are easy to fix with preset (not even mod, preset), like making food less common.

You can mods things too. Yes, people are asking you to mod things to make game harder. You know why ?

First because you are complaining like if it's easy to make the game harder. If it's so easy, do it yourself and don't complain everytime you are around about how the game is too easy and casual people are ruining the game.

Second, because it's easier to make a game not to hard and add ways to add difficulty (preset, characters, mods), rather than making it hard and ask people to mod it, because in the second case, people will not stay. They will not try a game that require mods to be playable.

And third, guess what. Some people want the game to be easier, and they use mod for that too. So why shouldn't you ? Are you so important that the way you enjoy the game should be the normal one ? Is it really a benefit for the community and the game ?

Not everyone enjoy challenge as the same level as you. Especially, not everyone enjoy this everytime. I would like sometimes a world changing and becoming harder over time, with less food for example, or news challenges, news wheater. And sometimes i enjoy the game as it is.

Also, some people find hard things that i find mostly boring or annoying, like the smoldering in summer. Yeah, when i'm exploring the world i don't want random fires that aren't a danger and just destroy things, i don't like to see things destroyed in the world, it's, for me, annoying and discourage me to explore.

Snow in RoG beta was hard, for me. It gave you wetness, so you had to manage with wetness, cold and often, insanity because of wetness. I would like to make a mod adding this if i can manage to do it a day. But i also know that i would probably manage it better now than i was in RoG. Because of knowledge and because the first days of betas didn't have some cloths options.

But other than that, i don't feel like i saw a lot of good ideas about how to make the game harder without making it tedious, forcing you to only prepare for the next season instead of, time to time, doing things to enjoy the game or making it too hard to learn for begginer.

So maybe it's not only the "casual whining crowd" the problem but the "expert" players that don't have good ideas, constructive criticism, or way to improve the game for them without impacting others badly.

Game has ****ty balance so all stupid kids can play it, I didn't pay for mod template or game engine I paid for a game and I'm not happy with it.

38 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

Game has ****ty balance so all stupid kids can play it, I didn't pay for mod template or game engine I paid for a game and I'm not happy with it.

My bad. We have to make ourselves clear on the questions we are asking you. Allow me to do so in a manner that might be easier to understand.

(Courtesy of the Online Anti-Spell Checker)

What do you think can be dnoe to imorpve the gmae?

1 hour ago, _Q_ said:

Yes and some people paid for a game and are happy with it. If you can't bring something positive to justify a change, then i don't know why this change should happen.

Archived