Hello! I have an eye disease that makes it impossible for me to play games with locked camera (don't ask). This game used to have unlocked camera iirc, and now it doesn't. To clarify when I say unlocked camera, I mean like in typical RTS fashion (like in Starcraft) where you pan the screen with the mouse cursor by moving it to the edges, or with WASD, as opposed to the camera moving only when your character does.

I tried editing the camera file from  self.paused = false - to -  self.paused = true, and it unlocked the camera. However, it kept the camera fixed on the spot where I spawned and never moved, so I need to add screen panning as well, somehow. Can someone point me in the right direction?

12 hours ago, Sylfaen said:

Hello! I have an eye disease that makes it impossible for me to play games with locked camera (don't ask). This game used to have unlocked camera iirc, and now it doesn't. To clarify when I say unlocked camera, I mean like in typical RTS fashion (like in Starcraft) where you pan the screen with the mouse cursor by moving it to the edges, or with WASD, as opposed to the camera moving only when your character does.

I tried editing the camera file from  self.paused = false - to -  self.paused = true, and it unlocked the camera. However, it kept the camera fixed on the spot where I spawned and never moved, so I need to add screen panning as well, somehow. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Sorry to hear about your condition. If you want to get help with code you might want to head (or get this topic moved) to the modding subforum. There isn't really an option to do it directly from the game without additional coding.

7 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Wait, how else exactly would you have the camera move? Move it manually?

That is what they're suggesting:

20 hours ago, Sylfaen said:

where you pan the screen with the mouse cursor by moving it to the edges, or with WASD, as opposed to the camera moving only when your character does.

Archived