What skins did you get this thursday?

I would only consider it "missing content" if it had to do with game play.  No Man's Sky had "missing content" and if they tried to pass off game content as an expansion or dlc mission, I would be pissed.  Skins don't have anything to do with game play.  With or without any skins your potential game play experience is exactly the same as anyone else's.  These are purely vanity items, if they sold them I would consider it fine, as would most people.  Klei gives them away instead, yay Klei.

Further - better than trying to trade up skins or buy a skin cash - put all of your common skins on the market and once you've sold enough, just buy the skin you want.  ALL skins are bought and sold regularly, so you could just add to the supply side of the commons (other people buy these to try and combine up) and then buy the skin you want.  Isn't it great that there is a way to participate in the market and obtain any skin you want without needing any cash?

I think Klei really needs a congrats for making such a rounded skin economy, where even the common items are desired because they are consumed with the Trade Inn.

3 hours ago, Shosuko said:

Isn't it great that there is a way to participate in the market and obtain any skin you want without needing any cash?

Yeah, I'd say it's real great considering you only get $0.01 to $0.02 per common. So good luck saving up for anything worth buying.

5 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Yeah, I'd say it's real great considering you only get $0.01 to $0.02 per common. So good luck saving up for anything worth buying.

Yup, good luck ^_^  Meanwhile, in League of Legends I have over 350 skins and they are absolutely worthless because I don't play the game anymore...  No market to sell them on, no system to turn skins I don't care about anymore into new skins that I want.  Even if it is a slow progress, it is there.  Rare is rare, if it were balanced any other way the system would be worthless.

• Developer
Just now, Donke60 said:

can we also have a "How has the Trade Inn Jiffed you this month" thread?

Make it "these past few months", I mean, I don't think many people even remember that thing exists outside of memes.

3 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Make it "these past few months", I mean, I don't think many people even remember that thing exists outside of memes.

Hey at that rate you wanna chuck in SW while your at it? With the characters still attached?

Its not like Kiel  cares anymore.

On 5/6/2017 at 10:36 PM, Shosuko said:

I would only consider it "missing content" if it had to do with game play.  No Man's Sky had "missing content" and if they tried to pass off game content as an expansion or dlc mission, I would be pissed.  Skins don't have anything to do with game play.  With or without any skins your potential game play experience is exactly the same as anyone else's.  These are purely vanity items, if they sold them I would consider it fine, as would most people.  Klei gives them away instead, yay Klei.

Further - better than trying to trade up skins or buy a skin cash - put all of your common skins on the market and once you've sold enough, just buy the skin you want.  ALL skins are bought and sold regularly, so you could just add to the supply side of the commons (other people buy these to try and combine up) and then buy the skin you want.  Isn't it great that there is a way to participate in the market and obtain any skin you want without needing any cash?

I think Klei really needs a congrats for making such a rounded skin economy, where even the common items are desired because they are consumed with the Trade Inn.

I agree it's not 'missing content' but I still think it could be done better.

No marketplace on ps4 (P.S. Still no ANR on PS4 pls klei)

22 hours ago, Josonic said:

I agree it's not 'missing content' but I still think it could be done better.

No marketplace on ps4 (P.S. Still no ANR on PS4 pls klei)

I went through this issue when I played Dungeon Defenders.  There was a console version and a pc version, and there were major differences between the content released for both, as well as the balance of the game...  What I learned through this is that even if a developer focuses on both pc and console play, it is very difficult to keep a console up to date with a pc game.  This isn't so big a deal in triple A titles where the game has detailed design reviews and massive QA tests before release...  but on a smaller publisher like Klei there is basically no way they can keep the console up to date with content like they can with a pc.  I respect Klei for trying, but I have little faith that DST on console will ever be as good as it is on PC, have all the content, have bug fixes, ect.  The process of submitting updates through a console QA are just too much.

A good illustrative example of the difference is exactly as you pointed out.  There is no marketplace where I can gift games, or buy / sell digital items I own...  Klei would have to come up with a completely different system for console deciding what "separate but equal" means between these two...  and it almost certainly would be significantly behind what pc players get.  Console will likely be 2nd rate citizens in the DST game development process, and it's not about Klei disregarding console as much as it is the limitations and liabilities of the console world.  They would have to invest much more development time for a smaller return.

This is something players need to learn when deciding which system to play on.  If you are only going to play triple A titles then a console is a great choice.  If you like playing games by smaller developers, indy games, ect then you really want a pc.  Even a 3rd rate pc can play these games though, so it could even be cheaper than a console especially considering you don't need to invest in subscription plans to include online play.

9c6e44ddf71940c7900f7f2bb97713c6.png

My first spiffy find in, two months? So... yay!...

but it's a dupe...

and dupes are just... uh.

hm. two trench coats.

but. the trench coat doesn't keep me dry.

I just sorta wear it. eugh.

(Also, who made these trench coats? They D O N T   W O R K )

04ce824af69a4f1abeeeec8bb267c220.pngwow. much coat. such wet. many cri.

Archived