Here is the real thing:

Game-Wise: Wolfgang or Wickerbottom 

Community-Wise: God Wes

Meme-Wise: Maxwell

Economically-Wise: Wendy

Base Pathfinding-Wise: Webber 

In Dire Need of a Buff-Wise: Willow

In dire need of being added: Winona

With this we can conclude that the best is clearly Wendy because she is the real "TOPKEK" as others would say and most importantly because the real master race is Wendy. There was never a Webber master race, there was only WENDY MASTER RACE

as stated by Abigail in her book: 

lel

So that bottle your drinking? Can I have some :P?

6 hours ago, EsaiXD said:

that argument is what i said in my wolfgang rebalance thread but everyone shoots it down cause they believe he isnt the 1 to be targeted.

Yeah well, I think I did a pretty good analysis of the character, but I find it strange that nobody (except you) reacted to this post.. It is like nobody agree and nobody disagree. I'd like to see some counter arguments if there is. I don't play Wolfgang, but don't mind him the way he is; I dont call for a rebalance. I'm just saying he's the best. 

Is the english easily understandable in my previous post?? :/ Maybe that is why?

5 hours ago, csc_unit said:

eah well, I think I did a pretty good analysis of the character, but I find it strange that nobody (except you) reacted to this post.. It is like nobody agree and nobody disagree. I'd like to see some counter arguments if there is. I don't play Wolfgang, but don't mind him the way he is; I dont call for a rebalance. I'm just saying he's the best. 

Is the english easily understandable in my previous post?? :/ Maybe that is why?

Well besides being able to take damage when he switches forms most of what you said is correct. Though I would argue playing wolfgang is harder for most people then playing Wendy because all you need to be a good fighter as wendy is just more time and maybe and extra weapon when it comes to boss battles. Other then that there is considerable less to worry about

As for @EsaiXD rebalanced thread no one liked her Changes because they introduced artifical lag or made a combat character not good at combat. Which is the only thing Wolfgang can really do. I don't wish to start up the argument again but it doesn't really matter how much health you have or speed boost because for Wolfgang it falls linearly if you can't fight Well then there no point in having those stats cause Mobs will just kill you if you can't dodge or learn fast enough.

@Donke60 I agree that Wendy is a good character to start with when you're new to the game. Abigail lets you escape fight, kills for you, etc. It is also a good character when you are experienced with, as seen in the clip from @EsaiXD ;  strategically wise and great against bunch of small mobs. But in the end, the hardest part of Dst is the raid bosses and being as powerful as 4 Wilsons in one player is by far the biggest advantage in the game. 

3 hours ago, csc_unit said:

@Donke60 I agree that Wendy is a good character to start with when you're new to the game. Abigail lets you escape fight, kills for you, etc. It is also a good character when you are experienced with, as seen in the clip from @EsaiXD ;  strategically wise and great against bunch of small mobs. But in the end, the hardest part of Dst is the raid bosses and being as powerful as 4 Wilsons in one player is by far the biggest advantage in the game. 

I think its important to not that you should not overestimate a char's abilities I can only can see Wolfgang doing the job of two people when it comes to fighting. Which is all really wolfgang has.He's only highly thought of cause combat is usaually the fastest to deal with enemies the Same reason people like Wigfrid too. You can all argue who is the best but all it comes down to is our own personal bias. Wether you like it or not because you can get used to anything if you like it enough. Which is  why I don't like these threads it doesn't matter if they are right or not. There are always going to be people who will fight tooth and nail and defie reason to make there "main" seem not as bad as they objectively are and I have my own bias of course but he's not in DST and I try my hardest to not put my opinions in these threads unless for laughs or I can't help myself.

I get that people that has posted a thousand time have already talked about this a couple times and are bit tired of newcomers like me wanting to discuss these. Plus, this subject might be polarizing, you maybe have seen threads like this going offtrack and very opinionated, then the mod comes in and shuts it down and stuff. However, there is a way to discuss this subject without taking a side to seriously. Further more, if really someone is biased about his or a character, his arguments are not gonna hold up.

Like I said I am kinda new here and I find the question "Who's the bests characters" interesting to give thought and learn on. Not that I am gonna change my main once I discover the who the best is! That'd be stoopid. 

Another thing is that.. Unfortunately, it is not simply a matter of opinion. No game are perfectly balanced. There must be a factual better character. The question is: is he slightly better or monstrously better than the others. Idk. I don't think Wolfgang is dramatically better than the others ; I don't even think he needs some nerfing. On this thread, I am simply, in the most objectively possible way, analyzing who I think is the best character. I am also looking forward to learn about other characters habilities. It looks like nobody wants to address the topic. :/ Strange; Is saying stuff like Wolgang is OP = Voldemort, the one who's name cannot be spoken. :o  scary stuff! lol 

Soo yeah, I invite anybody that could enlighten me on the subject to do so. 

Is really making couple tentacles is better than 4 Wilsons in one body?? Who knows? Do you?

PS: If you think that this kind of threads are useless, I don't even know why you still reading this. Theres plenty of other topics.

I get that people that has posted a thousand time have already talked about this a couple times and are bit tired of newcomers like me wanting to discuss these. Plus, this subject might be polarizing, you maybe have seen threads like this going offtrack and very opinionated, then the mod comes in and shuts it down and stuff. However, there is a way to discuss this subject without taking a side to seriously. Further more, if really someone is biased about his or a character, his arguments are not gonna hold up.

Like I said I am kinda new here and I find the question "Who's the bests characters" interesting to give thought and learn on. Not that I am gonna change my main once I discover the who the best is! That'd be stoopid. 

Another thing is that.. Unfortunately, it is not simply a matter of opinion. No game are perfectly balanced. There must be a factual better character. The question is: is he slightly better or monstrously better than the others. Idk. I don't think Wolfgang is dramatically better than the others ; I don't even think he needs some nerfing. On this thread, I am simply, in the most objectively possible way, analyzing who I think is the best character. I am also looking forward to learn about other characters habilities. It looks like nobody wants to address the topic. :/ Strange; Is saying stuff like Wolgang is OP = Voldemort, the one who's name cannot be spoken. :o  scary stuff! lol 

Soo yeah, I invite anybody that could enlighten me on the subject to do so. 

Is really making couple tentacles is better than 4 Wilsons in one body?? Who knows? Do you?

PS: If you think that this kind of threads are useless, I don't even know why you still reading this. Theres plenty of other topics.

I didn't say that it was only a matter of opinion of course there is factual evidence. But that itself can really only be helpful for those that value it. Besides it really just matters how the OP thinks who is the best character. We can have a civil disscussion about it for some time though eventually its going to get rage inducing for someone and as you said a mod will have too come and shut it down. It doesn't really matter how good or bad a person's argument is opinions sway everything but in any case.

If we'll just going off the most Factual then I would say it would be Wigfrid and Wickerbottom 
The winner would prolly be Wickerbottom because she can have quite some damgage combos with her books.

16 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

The winner would prolly be Wickerbottom because she can have quite some damgage combos with her books.

Really? I don't know how her in details. My guess would be that the tentacles get smooched pretty fast by any raid boss isnt it? And why don't you include Wolfgang in your top? I mean .. 4 Wilsons   :p

I just want to state again that as I see it, any character considering or not their habilities are able to get very far in game with farming and surviving. The limiting step is fighting big whole nasty mobs. This is why I am talking about Wolfy. 

Really? I don't know how her in details. My guess would be that the tentacles get smooched pretty fast by any raid boss isnt it? And why don't you include Wolfgang in your top? I mean .. 4 Wilsons   :p

Wolfgang isn't four wilsons though

and not really the tentcles in a small mass and with two books can stunlock and kill even the bee queen easily Wickerbottoms essencally for getting those cheese death cages if you don't want the flingos I haven't seen anyone do toadstool though you might just have to make the area bigger and seem very possible unless they won't spawn on that turf like the atruim turf

I wouldn't include Wolfgang because of his skill floor Wigfrids easy to use has good sustain in fights has a permant buff and good armor that is cheap

2 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

Wolfgang isn't four wilsons though

Reason why I say that: Lets say you have Wilson (1x dmg + 150HP) then you make it continually hit a Thing that sucks 1HP/sec to Wilson. At the end, at Wilson's death after 150 sec, he would have inflicted "X" quantity of dmg to the Thing. Redo the experiment with a Wilson with (1x dmg + 300HP), the total dmg at the end will be "2X". Redo with (2x dmg + 150HP) = total dmg "2X". Redo one last time with (2x dmg + 300HP), the total dmg that is inflicted is "4X". This is why I say 4 Wilsons. All this is in theory and I can easily conceive that the combination of every other variables might change the result.

As for Wigfrid, permanent buff is very good and the battle helmet is a real good item to have thats for sure. Plus her gain in sanity and health while fighting are quite an advantage. Idk  how to juge that however.

Reason why I say that: Lets say you have Wilson (1x dmg + 150HP) then you make it continually hit a Thing that sucks 1HP/sec to Wilson. At the end, at Wilson's death after 150 sec, he would have inflicted "X" quantity of dmg to the Thing. Redo the experiment with a Wilson with (1x dmg + 300HP), the total dmg at the end will be "2X". Redo with (2x dmg + 150HP) = total dmg "2X". Redo one last time with (2x dmg + 300HP), the total dmg that is inflicted is "4X". This is why I say 4 Wilsons. All this is in theory and I can easily conceive that the combination of every other variables might change the result.

Thats not entirely accurate though as there is nothing like that in game even so Wolfgang's damage falls of linearly with his hunger so he is only doing 3x damage at full stomach at 300 health for about 5 seconds and as his hunger falls so does his health untill it goes back to normal at 200

Even if thats is normal you have to factor in Wolfgang's wimpy form where his health decreases farther and he does even less damage to Wes near starvation but his higher hunger drain in his normal form
Wolfgang drain slow

5 hours ago, csc_unit said:

OK. See, good detailed discussion. I did not factor that when I thought about it. So you need to eat even more than I thought to keep the max stats.  

Well I guess if you wanted too put it worthless untill you transform back he's still doing more then 2x damage it was more in line to show you that Wolfgang isn't 4 Wilsons as your model didn't factor in hungerdrain or woflgangs 3 forms properly

Wickerbottom is the most valuable because she can do stuff no other character can, if the player knows what they are doing. Wolfgang is strong but he eats way too much, and most of the people who play him that I've encountered refuse to keep him in wimpy state until the mighty is needed, so everyone in the base is constantly yelling at them, causing a bad mood. If he has the strength of three Wilsons, get three Wilsons. When they're not fighting, you have two more pairs of hands to do the many, many things that do not involve combat. With a Wicker you can make amazing resource farms and a bee queen trap and charge up WX. Plus her Triumphant head is the best.

In terms of personal style, Maxwell and Wes. I am always happy to see a Wes visit because I love his balloons, and Maxwell's personality is so much fun.

I agree with all this, but when doing my speech about Wolfgang, it was considering couple parameters like:

On 06/05/2017 at 11:03 AM, csc_unit said:

if you are an experienced player

The hardest part of this game, is beating the raid bosses

I'm looking at it on a soloer perspective

All i said is not that much true if you keep removing those parameters from the start. 

Anyways, on a general note I'm getting more and more convinced that for "the best character question", 

On 04/05/2017 at 0:33 PM, King Rich 1357 said:

I think it's woody

You didn't tell us you what critira you were using before and I still think its Wickerbottom and why get rid of group play then you get rid of character synergy 

Anyway still wicker because

• Birds of the world can make blowpipes in mass and feathers
  • End is Nigh can be used to make artifical earthquakes
  • Sleepytime stories renewable an a excellent escape plain
  • While her trap doesn't work underground it can still take above ground enemies easy
  • Her plant book can make these go double speed and have some quick harvests before winter sets in
  • She starts strong and can go killing big enemies right off the bat once she gets the resorce instead of haveing to return to base and learn protyping a spear and log suit.
  • Easier krampus farming

45 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

You didn't tell us you what critira you were using before and I still think its Wickerbottom and why get rid of group play then you get rid of character synergy 

Anyway still wicker because

• Birds of the world can make blowpipes in mass and feathers
  • End is Nigh can be used to make artifical earthquakes
  • Sleepytime stories renewable an a excellent escape plain
  • While her trap doesn't work underground it can still take above ground enemies easy
  • Her plant book can make these go double speed and have some quick harvests before winter sets in
  • She starts strong and can go killing big enemies right off the bat once she gets the resorce instead of haveing to return to base and learn protyping a spear and log suit.
  • Easier krampus farming

I didn't know you can use the End is Nigh book to make earthquakes while you are underground... thanks for the tip.

The Holy Trinity, of course!

Wickerbottom, Wolfgang, and WX-78. The order is disputable, but it's generally accepted that Wickerbottom is the best. While I do love to play the other characters, these ones make the game considerably easier, or open up strong new strategies and opportunities.

Wolfgang is simple. He kills things faster, and moves faster. Hunger drain is generally negligible if you just carry extra food. The extra time gained by eliminating mobs quicker is a huge boon. Raid bosses like the Bee Queen and Dragonfly become much easier with Wolfgang.

WX-78's maximum stats are absurd. Granted, he isn't particularly potent in the early game, and extra health doesn't really open up new strategies, it just makes it easy to survive.

Wickerbottom's books enable her to grow and harvest copious amounts of resources instantly, set up tentacle mosh pits (a unique niche), farm krampus and feathers with birds of the world + sleepytime stories, and supercharge WX with lightning.

4 hours ago, Donke60 said:

ou didn't tell us you what critira you were using before

??! Of course I did. Why do you think I quoted myself. It was to put forward what I already said couple times. Reread my first comment if you dont remember.

Let me ask you a question, what is the hardest task to accomplish in DST? How many time have you died of hunger vs died against big mobs? Is farming and surviving the elements that hard? nope. The best ability a character can have is a fighting advantage. Blow darts and tentacles are not negligible, but the raw and simple fighting ability of Wolfgang makes him the best. And this is considering the 3 premisses I stated before. Which means, as I also already said, that I agree/dont know, about the synergetic balancing of the characters as member of a group. If you remove my premisses, my opinion goes with ---> 

1 hour ago, FloomRide said:

The Holy Trinity, of course!

Wickerbottom, Wolfgang, and WX-78. The order is disputable,

And I have nothing to add to this topic

1 hour ago, cmitc1 said:

I've always thought wigfrid is the best character, mainly due to being able to set up a completely stable food source d1 with a spider nest.

Any character can set up a stable food source with spider nests.

Archived