The best characters

8 hours ago, csc_unit said:

@Mananu Why don't you start a useful topic smart boy ;) 

That is exactly the reason I don't make 1,000 topics. Nevermind, stay in your endless war about who is the best character because this matters so much. :)

I prefer strong characters, its either Wigfrid or Wolfgang. Not saying other characters abilities aren't worthy enough, its just these two have different benefits for different situations in-game.

Also I like Ham.

On 5/4/2017 at 1:51 PM, Astroknot said:

I haven't tried Woodies extra loyalty time perk yet, but aside from that this is what I've learned playing Woodie, I actually prefer him to Maxwell as his shadow puppets are way too destructive at times, as they often try to chop tier 1 trees and trees I'm trying to use for charcoal.

Yea, half of me liking Maxwell so much is probably due to me enjoying manipulating AIs. Something satisfying about binding their patterns to my will.
I can kill giants, but I get more enjoyment out of making them aggro on and kill eachother. Same situation there.

the other half is that his personality/style is near my ideal
seriously I just love everything about the guy

Wolfgang is the OP one. Really. In late game, if you are an experienced player the advantages of Wolfgang are the best and his disadvantages are barely problematic. 

At some point in game, base building, self maintenance, the seasons and feeding yourself can get passed over by any characters. The hardest part of this game, is beating the raid bosses. It needs careful management of ressources, good kiting capability or a bunch of friends ; I'm looking at it on a soloer perspective. If you want the raid bosses to be easier, Wolfy is yo man. 

1.25x movement speed, up to 300HP and 2x dmg. Lets see what those specs really implies. 

1.25x movement speed: you get hit less than it would without it, easier kite, can throw one more hit before the mob reply, switch your weapon with your cane for an even bigger increase of these advantages.

300HP: the health of 2 Wilsons; it is basically it. with this amount of health, you can hit 2 times more in total than if you were playing Wilson. Further more, it is easier to heal when you have high HP because the % of your jauge decrease way slower; you have more time to react. 

2x dmg: You hit like 2 Wilsons. Combine that with the 300HP and you are now like 4 Wilsons in one body. Not only that, every weapon you use have twice the durability because each hit are like 2 hits in dmg but the durability decrease normaly (example 1% per hit even tho the hit does 2x dmg). If Wilson uses 3 Dark swords, Wendy uses 4 and Wolfgang uses 1.5. This translate into something like 2x less nightmare fuel farming.

On the side, all these advantages decrease the time of the battle (one precious ressource) which mean, less combustible used, less armor used and less sanity loss.

For the disadvantages, his low sanity during fighting can be negated with jerky as well as for his -3x hunger while mighty at the mean time. The cost of food ressource cannot be neglected of course, but it doesn't counter balance the advantages. 

All this is considering the player is experienced. Wolfgang is an easier play for experienced player and characters like Wes and Wendy are more difficult to play. 

(Just trying to justify the load of skeletons hanging around in my world here XD (I main Wendy))

Hmmm. Interesting. A "best character" thread without Wolfgang fans talking about his muscles.

If you want to rock and roll, Wes is best.

If you want to conquer the world chilling out from your watchtower while your siblings do the dirty work for you, Wickerbottom is the way to go.

Wickerbottom, Wolfgang, Wx, and Webber.

Each of these characters have their own good purposes.

Wickerbottom is best for endgame capability, with massive resource and food production in short amounts of time with things like applied horticulture and birds of the world. In addition, her other books, are powerful combat/utility wise. The End Is Nigh can be used to give WX players massive amounts of charge, Sleepy Time Stories puts enemies to sleep, and is infamous for being incredibly overpowered in PvP, and On Tentacles can be used to farm tentacles and be used as a method of fighting certain enemies/bosses.

Wolfgang is the best combat character, hands down. His x2 damage on full hunger can make quick work of most enemies, if not one shot them. In comparison to overrated other characters like Wendy, Wolfgang can defeat normally challenging/difficult enemies with ease. With a dark sword, a Wolfgang at full hunger can: instant kill splumonkeys, Two shot hounds, and deal with depths worms much more easily. Wolfgang's boosted speed and max health of 300 at full hunger can make further combat easier.

Wx is the ultimate character for caves. Wx's gear consumption/upgrade ability is made more effective with the overabundance of gears in the caves. Plus, if you can get lucky when hammering a pseudoscience station, Wx can also get charges in caves also. The charge ability is made even more powerful when paired with the "end is nigh" when read by a Wickerbottom/Maxwell.

Webber is a bit special. When used correctly, a Webber can collect countless monster meats, silks, and spider glands every night, even before the first winter. In addition, Webber can grow a silk beard which provides insulation a step below Wilson's. And lastly, while some may see it as a downside at first, Webber's 100 max sanity can actually be used to farm nightmare fuel with ease, and quickly get back to max sanity shortly after.

I use Wendy because sometimes I lag so much there is pretty much no point in fighting a lot :l

But I love the less sanity drain from things, and not having to deal with hitting butterflies and moles. So yeah

Spoiler

Wendy master race.

Some of you guys joked about modded characters, but I'll turn this question on its ear a bit, and list what I find acceptable modded characters on my server.

Walker and Wollie

Walter the Botanist

Weston the Wandering Cactus

Winnie the Shepherdess

Woka the Arctic Hunter

Womp, the Abyssal

Wyvard the Cold-Blooded Cavalier

Someone alert that clever fellow who does that YouTube series: The [expletive deleted] Show  some of these might be ripe for review.

He's already done womp

On 5/6/2017 at 10:03 AM, csc_unit said:

Wolfgang is the OP one.

i find it funny cause that argument is what i said in my wolfgang rebalance thread but everyone shoots it down cause they believe he isnt the 1 to be targeted. for a change. or that the stuff that i suggested would make him an annoying character to play. thus why it was in a suggestion thread. its supposed to make a spark on what can make a character more challenging to play.

6 hours ago, Chaos2 said:

Wolfgang is the best combat character, hands down. His x2 damage on full hunger can make quick work of most enemies, if not one shot them. In comparison to overrated other characters like Wendy, Wolfgang

i would like to see you do this with a wolfgang in the same exact scenario walls and all  1 helmet 1 darksword.  https://clips.twitch.tv/KnottyCovertPonyPrimeMe

and no befriending or freeze hax. cause I know there is a way to cheese anything with the ice flingo there

48 minutes ago, EsaiXD said:

i would like to see you do this with a wolfgang in the same exact scenario walls and all  1 helmet 1 darksword.  https://clips.twitch.tv/KnottyCovertPonyPrimeMe

and no befriending or freeze hax. cause I know there is a way to cheese anything with the ice flingo there

The other characters would obviously befriend the bunnymen and make them hit each other for optimal payout efficiency.

What you've stated is a specific scenario in which Wendy would do better than others by playing on Wendy's strength of having Abigail.

For instance, to rephrase your scenario with another that is equally as uneven:

"I would like to see you [survive a thousand lightning strikes] as [not WX-78].  And no [having a lightning rod or wearing insulated clothing]!"

The logical thing is to place the rod down or wear insulated clothing for the known conflict of having to survive a thousand lightning strikes, just as is befriending the bunnymen to make them take care of each other.

1 hour ago, CarlZalph said:

What you've stated is a specific scenario in which Wendy would do better than others by playing on Wendy's strength of having Abigail.

just as everyone else I am just trying to show off and defend my character and show the strengths that she posseses over other choices.

of course there is always smarter ways to clear everything. For instance in that video I didn't have to straight up confront the bunnymen using the only character that this scenario wouldn't be a death sentence for. I could have done the bunny befriend and turn them all or i could have lit their houses on fire to have the flingo freeze them all and just take them out 1 by 1.  I was just showing off a strength  that a lot of people tend to disregard showing off a scenario that you most likely wont live as any other character if played off the same way.

And the thing is the scene I played out does happen a lot in standard gameplay  where players are unaware they have meat on them and then proceed to get murdered. Even veterans end up dying in this fashion just cause of a slight mistake.

3 hours ago, EsaiXD said:

st as everyone else I am just trying to show off and defend my character and show the strengths that she posseses over other choices.

But you don't really have to defend your character.. And even so you presented your "challenge" in a very strict demanding way. Even in a real sceniro you have wind up to see the bunny men and run away.

9 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

But you don't really have to defend your character.. And even so you presented your "challenge" in a very strict demanding way. Even in a real sceniro you have wind up to see the bunny men and run away.

even if its not needed to defend everyone just does it anyway and from what ive seen alot of people put wendy on the low end of the character spectrum cause they cant deal with her attributes and they also either put her in the worst possible situation. which is why I put up a ridiculous scene that most other characters cant even touch without another way of doing so.

it still happens a lot maybe you have that not so prevalent meat item of the gaurdian horn or maybe deerclops eye in your inventory so even being so so safe you forget those trigger as you rarely have them on you in their item forms. heck even now in dst bunnymen chase you for tallbird eggs even though they don't in standard.

that or say you are picking up after your bunnymen while they are still alive and you accidentally pick up a meat or you have no meat in your inventory but because you walked past the houses the bunnys previously with meat they aggroed you without you knowing so you get destroyed even though at the time you were following the games logic of not having meat.

So what if they put Wendy on low tier. You still enjoy the character and thats all that should matter. Not saying you can't defend your character but you should do it in a less aggresive way. And giving someone this situation probably won't be enough to change there minds.
And as you learn you should learn how to be cationous against bunnymen. Going hey you can just kill all the bunnymen with Abigail won't do much cause you can just but all your meat into a backpack murder them all then come back

Here is the real thing:

Game-Wise: Wolfgang or Wickerbottom 

Community-Wise: God Wes

Meme-Wise: Maxwell

Economically-Wise: Wendy

Base Pathfinding-Wise: Webber 

In Dire Need of a Buff-Wise: Willow

In dire need of being added: Winona

With this we can conclude that the best is clearly Wendy because she is the real "TOPKEK" as others would say and most importantly because the real master race is Wendy. There was never a Webber master race, there was only WENDY MASTER RACE

as stated by Abigail in her book: 

In the beginning was the Burger, and the Burger was with Wendy, and the Burger was Wendy.

lel

Archived