Oxygen Not Included - Early Access Coming May 18

On 03/05/2017 at 6:58 PM, Cheerio said:

We're now excited to announce that Oxygen Not Included will be entering Steam Early Access on May 18th. It will cost $24.99, and anyone who owns an existing Klei game on Steam will receive a 20% loyalty discount. Players who purchased Oxygen Not Included in Alpha will not need to purchase the game again.

Hello can we get time (and timezone) for release please !

PDT is like 8h difference with central Europe ?

1 hour ago, PickPay said:

I was hoping to do a live let's play when the update comes out, but I don't have the whole day. It would be nice to know the time of the release so I can plan (or delay).

Regardless, EXCITE. :D

7 hours ago, PickPay said:

According Klei-Joew on the Steam community the update will be on morning Pacific Time.

On 5/3/2017 at 11:58 AM, Cheerio said:

• New Duplicant Stress Responses: Tears will be shed and rations will be eaten with new Ugly Crier and Binge Eater traits

Seems to me that the binge eater mechanic may be out of balance.  I was watching an early access YouTuber earlier today, and watched on duplicant devour 25,000 kcal in under 1 cycle.

Edited by randalin
Autocorrect turned duplicant into supplicant. Wanted to use the correct term.

5 minutes ago, randalin said:

Seems to me that the binge eater mechanic may be out of balance.  I was watching an early access YouTuber earlier today, and watched on duplicant devour 25,000 kcal in under 1 cycle.

They used to consume the entire box until it was empty or they suffocated. Consider yourselves lucky.

Just now, Risu said:

They used to consume the entire box until it was empty or they suffocated. Consider yourselves lucky.

At this point I can only speak to what I've seen second hand, but I don't see how it's "lucky" that the duplicant ate enough food to feed 25 duplicant cycles in less than one cycle.  If he ate that much, he should either explode, or be someone who weighs over a quarter ton. 

3 minutes ago, randalin said:

At this point I can only speak to what I've seen second hand, but I don't see how it's "lucky" that the duplicant ate enough food to feed 25 duplicant cycles in less than one cycle.  If he ate that much, he should either explode, or be someone who weighs over a quarter ton.

Just saying causing your entire colony to starve is worse than 25 cycles of food lost.

44 minutes ago, randalin said:

There are multiple ways to deal with it. For instance you can prohibit him eating through the consumables menu until he gets out of stress. Having a steady influx of food rather than relying on stock is also good to deal with it.

16 minutes ago, Dodgetow said:

How do I update my game to the new Agricultural Upgrade? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.

It is not released yet. When it is out, it should update automatically through Steam.

1 hour ago, xtrasyn said:

So thats another, what, 10 hours from now?

Urgh... :(

A good 8-10 hours difference from Europe at least depending on what part of Europe you're in. 

So 'Morning PST' could easily be a 7-9pm roll out for most.... it doesn't get much further behind the rest of the word than pacific time, even Eastern Time is 3 hours 'ahead' of PST.

Slight delay at all even by a hour or two, and could be looking at a Friday roll out... but as PST is so far behind as all developers from that region do, it's still slapped with something like a "Thursday release as stated"... even if for pretty much everyone else on the planet it's well into Friday.

Such is the way of Timezones and release day proclamations. lol 

Edited by Tikigit