How would you rate player ability?

9 minutes ago, Toros said:

Also, be really wary of people "coming to your rescue" here because these forums have a tendency to avoid harsh facts and avoid conflict even when it's productive.  It's supportive to the point it lets people make excuses which ultimately doesn't help them.

Or: People who are in denial about their own discomfort with ambiguity and relativity are prone to making categorical statements and calling them "objective" when in fact qualitative statements almost never are. Simple claiming as fact your own opinions of what "good" or "the best" means does not make those opinions facts. Calling your feelings "objective" or taking a patronizing tone will not make them objective and therefore more valid than somebody else's. 

But even all of that, which probably just arises from a lack of emotional intelligence and social skills, is not as bad as using a term like "whiteknighting," a word sociopaths invented to dismiss human decency.

1 minute ago, Rellimarual said:

Or: People who are in denial about their own discomfort with ambiguity and relativity are prone to making categorical statements and calling them "objective" when in fact qualitative statements almost never are. Simple claiming as fact your own opinions of what "good" or "the best" means does not make those opinions facts. Calling your feelings "objective" or taking a patronizing tone will not make them objective and therefore more valid than somebody else's. 

But even all of that, which probably just arises from a lack of emotional intelligence and social skills, is not as bad as using a term like "whiteknighting," a word sociopaths invented to dismiss human decency.

YES.

All of the yes.  Especially the bolded part.

...Notorious

Toppling tacos!

If you can survive for 20 days great!

You know not to kill everything you see!

If you can survive for 35 days great!

You know how to survive winter and get Deery cloops to a marsh to die.

If you can survive 55 days then great!

You made an umbrella.

If you can survive to day 70, then grrreeeeaaaaat!

You survived the hardest season. *pats of t' you.*

If you can survive to day 350000, then great!

You rotted a powdercake

24 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Sigh.

Not EVERY guy who sticks up for something a female says (or the other way around, for that matter) is a "white knight" douchebag who's just trying to get laid. 

Hope this isn't directed at me, cause i just put his long response in simpler terms, not actually meaning it.

2 hours ago, Chaos2 said:

Legend: Can survive forever easily, can solo next to all raid bosses (toad and AF very likely aren't part of this group), Doesn't main wendy.

I am offended!! lol but seriously, not that I am a legend, but I know thats for sure that it is way easier to beat up giants and big mobs with Wigfrid, WX-78 and Wolfgang. I mean, she hits like Wes. If it takes 30 hits for Wilson, its gonna take 40 for Wendy. It turns out it is quite a difference when the mob has 12 500 HP. Wendy is for noobs that can't fight andddd for experts that are able to have longer fight. (I kinda can't but don't care :P)

4 minutes ago, Palecwsmalec1 said:

Hope this isn't directed at me, cause i just put his long response in simpler terms, not actually meaning it.

I'm really happy to hear that, because I do associate that word with ultracreeps, not the kind of person who would frequent this forum, however testy we sometimes get with each other.

2 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

I'm really happy to hear that, because I do associate that word with ultracreeps,

Yeaaaaaah... i learned that term once when i was still browsing one of my old forums. Dude wasn't exactly pleasant to talk with, either.

Getting back on track: I still think we shouldn't class people by a "ranking system" because everyone has a main in the game, and they have their own strategies. You can see that with the whole backpack debacle: there's a small group of people who consider them completely undesireable, and a lot of other people just don't understand that. And because of those kinds of situations, a lot of people are gonna dismiss and hate other people's opinions because it doesn't fit their personal way of playing the game.

11 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

I have a tendency to be blunt to the point of being a **** on these forums, but it is less "discomfort with ambiguity" and more "I could explain how and why I analyzed things this way but don't want to write 1000 words on it at the moment."

For example, there's a clear progression for how players of different skill levels interact with bearger.

Less skilled players can't kite him, and lure him into other enemies to deal with him.

Then people learn to kite him and simply kill him.

Later, as a player grows more skilled they use bearger for mass wood harvesting because it's not about success or failure but about saving time.  Chopping wood is time consuming and with proper setup you can save days in-game using this.

What that can simplify to is "The most skilled players often use bearger for mass harvesting" which some people might interpret as pure subjective opinion but is actually a conclusion derived from observation and logic.

That carries risks too, but not everyone wants to post Misuto-M's math everytime farms are mentioned.

Archived