Honestly I never saw bigger crap than combat against ANTLION.

Stupid walls that block vision, on top of stupid spikes that deal way to much dmg, and are cast like every second, to the point you get trapped and can't even dodge.

If you either don't run to give him gifts or kill him he will destroy things whenever you are atm, cool mechanics, such interesting summer, fishing for trinkets, and if I want to go to the pig village that is on other end of the world I wont even make it back in time to give him next set of gifts.

Whole mechanic and combat with that thing is BEYOND FRUSTRATING, and is in DIRE need of changes.

I loved the fight with that boss, is different but I don't have any complain, for the distance is all luck I guess, I have the pig king pretty near to the antlion desert

8 hours ago, _Q_ said:

Honestly I never saw bigger crap than combat against ANTLION.

Stupid walls that block vision, on top of stupid spikes that deal way to much dmg, and are cast like every second, to the point you get trapped and can't even dodge.

If you either don't run to give him gifts or kill him he will destroy things whenever you are atm, cool mechanics, such interesting summer, fishing for trinkets, and if I want to go to the pig village that is on other end of the world I wont even make it back in time to give him next set of gifts.

Whole mechanic and combat with that thing is BEYOND FRUSTRATING, and is in DIRE need of changes.

Treat antlion's sinkholes like you would Deerclops coming to your base.

Leave. The warning period before the sinkholes spawn is long enough to drop whatever you're doing and leave.

Also, if you hate fighting antlion and also the gift-mechanic, it has a rather small health pool(6000) and is the only boss in the game that can't move ---- exceptionally vulnerable to gunpowder. Do that and you won't have to either fight antlion OR deal with sinkholes in the summer.

24 minutes ago, Sketched_Philo said:

Treat antlion's sinkholes like you would Deerclops coming to your base.

Leave. The warning period before the sinkholes spawn is long enough to drop whatever you're doing and leave.

Also, if you hate fighting antlion and also the gift-mechanic, it has a rather small health pool(6000) and is the only boss in the game that can't move ---- exceptionally vulnerable to gunpowder. Do that and you won't have to either fight antlion OR deal with sinkholes in the summer.

As Chrs and Yourself have said, the fight is unusual but it is by no means unfair or unbalanced. One of the easier fights in the game actually, just requires some thought to realize what to do.

First, the warning that sinkholes will appear is not very visible, I already missed that so called warning TWICE on my local server and once while playing on a friend server (I had to disble screen shaking just to not throw up when things like derrclops show up, on a side note who the hell added so much screen shaking to the point even clicking on something is almost impossible), and most likley will miss even more so called warnings.

Second the actual combat: the area you can move around is TINY, his casting times are way to fast, moving with a mouse between spikes is just impossible, you click to move away, but instead stupid character gets stuck on a spike in front of him cause doing a bit of sidewalking to get to the target is impossible, (you character will get stuck on normal objects as well, just clicking to walk around the base and you can get stuck on various objects, chars always walk in straight line and ont move from that unless you click in other place), with stupid ANTLION casting times if you get hit by one set of spikes you will have next one in that area before you will be able to move, then most of the time you wont be able to move away not to mention targeting, most of the time I don't even see my character on screen anymore.

Running around with ranged weapons and avoiding the spikes is not an option as he will start healing for 200 HP every second or 2.

getting trough this combat is impossible, I copied my server files just to test the battle, its always either die or combat resets cause I went a bit to far away from him.

I tried many times by now, all in all this battle is stupid and frustrating and nothing more, no vision, stupid characters that get stuck on every object even if you order them to move away, lack of vision due to ultra clutter of walls and spikes, tiny arena.

NO.

So now game got ultra cool side quests - get 30 gunpowder or 120 slurtle slime every damn summer, or spend every summer in the oasis fishing for a stupid ANTLION cause he needs his trinkets.

4 minutes ago, Arcainewave5555 said:

How long does it take for antlion to spawn and what do sink holes do

Welcome to the forums! Antlion is always there if i'm not mistaken. If i am, then Antlion will ALWAYS spawn in summer near the Oasis (desert). He creates sinkholes under the player's feet unless you go pay him a visit and kill him. kill him with fire gift him trinkets that you can fish in the Oasis. Pretty easy to do ,but veeery annoying.
Sinkhole will destroy EVERYTHING near the player after a small amount of time (10 seconds i think). So if you hear a warning for the Sinkhole you'd better move away from your base so that nothing gets destroyed!

23 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

First, the warning that sinkholes will appear is not very visible, I already missed that so called warning TWICE on my local server and once while playing on a friend server (I had to disble screen shaking just to not throw up when things like derrclops show up, on a side note who the hell added so much screen shaking to the point even clicking on something is almost impossible), and most likley will miss even more so called warnings.

I remove screenshaking too during Autumn/Winter/Spring because i know i will have to deal with annoying giants. You could, however, turn it on just during Summer when you know you ain't going to deal with giants , but only with the Antlion's warnings :wilsondisapproving: (unless you have deerclops to "lots" of course)

23 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

Second the actual combat: the area you can move around is TINY, his casting times are way to fast, moving with a mouse between spikes is just impossible, you click to move away, but instead stupid character gets stuck on a spike in front of him cause doing a bit of sidewalking to get to the target is impossible,

Attack with mouse to avoid attacking spikes by mistake (with the F key) and move with WASD.

1 hour ago, _Q_ said:

Second the actual combat: the area you can move around is TINY, his casting times are way to fast, moving with a mouse between spikes is just impossible, you click to move away, but instead stupid character gets stuck on a spike in front of him cause doing a bit of sidewalking to get to the target is impossible, (you character will get stuck on normal objects as well, just clicking to walk around the base and you can get stuck on various objects, chars always walk in straight line and ont move from that unless you click in other place), with stupid ANTLION casting times if you get hit by one set of spikes you will have next one in that area before you will be able to move, then most of the time you wont be able to move away not to mention targeting, most of the time I don't even see my character on screen anymore.

Running around with ranged weapons and avoiding the spikes is not an option as he will start healing for 200 HP every second or 2.

getting trough this combat is impossible, I copied my server files just to test the battle, its always either die or combat resets cause I went a bit to far away from him.

I tried many times by now, all in all this battle is stupid and frustrating and nothing more, no vision, stupid characters that get stuck on every object even if you order them to move away, lack of vision due to ultra clutter of walls and spikes, tiny arena.

NO.

So now game got ultra cool side quests - get 30 gunpowder or 120 slurtle slime every damn summer, or spend every summer in the oasis fishing for a stupid ANTLION cause he needs his trinkets.

Normally I don't miss antlion's warnings, so I'm not sure on what to say to the first point. The characters all have strings for the event.

I'm used to moving around with WASD instead of the mouse, so the spikes don't hamper my movement beyond their hitbox.

Also, about the gunpowder ---- it's certainly possible to get more than 30 per year, y'know, save for the next year and all.

As for the fight itself --- I hadn't actually fought antlion legitimately until I read the thread, so I decided to do so:

I find the kiting pretty fun --- much more fun than Deerclops/Bearger kiting. Not all that difficult in terms of resources either.

Also I find it more frustrating trying to save glass castles from antlion than the fight itself.

I thought you only fight it to make glass sculptures. I love those things. You don't get anything new from that fight, so I don't see the point to fight it at all. I agree with you on those warnings. Although the sinkholes never destroyed any structures and I can always dodge them, so it's definetely doable. I recommend wearing headphones, turn up the game volume and don't listen to any music besides the game music.

(it's a mystery to me how some people can play this game and don't worry about not hearing warnings or anything)

2 minutes ago, disies said:

(it's a mystery to me how some people can play this game and don't worry about not hearing warnings or anything)

same. I hate listening to non-game music while playing, distracs me too much

3 minutes ago, disies said:

I thought you only fight it to make glass sculptures. I love those things. You don't get anything new from that fight

False, you get the rare blueprint for the lazy deserter immediately instead of wasting a lot of beach toys and hope to get it!

4 hours ago, Sketched_Philo said:

Normally I don't miss antlion's warnings, so I'm not sure on what to say to the first point. The characters all have strings for the event.

I'm used to moving around with WASD instead of the mouse, so the spikes don't hamper my movement beyond their hitbox.

Also, about the gunpowder ---- it's certainly possible to get more than 30 per year, y'know, save for the next year and all.

As for the fight itself --- I hadn't actually fought antlion legitimately until I read the thread, so I decided to do so:

I find the kiting pretty fun --- much more fun than Deerclops/Bearger kiting. Not all that difficult in terms of resources either.

Also I find it more frustrating trying to save glass castles from antlion than the fight itself.

I watched this and other videos, seems like he is casting spells much more often when I'm fighting with him.

Archived