ruins regen in a pre-beta world

Hello everyone,

So we recently killed the fuelweaver in a very old world where we have a megabase set up.

It appear though that none of the statues in the ruins were regenerated. Only  the pseudoscience stations, monkeys and some clockworks respawned. I assume it has something to do with the fact that we had already mined out the ruins long before the fuelweaver was ever a thing, but I was wondering if spawning them anew via console, then regening the ruins again would make any difference?

I remember the areas where they were, not the exact count though. Well, in a 2.5k world I'm not afraid of using the console. We already beat everything the game has to offer without cheating :D

Just for reference spawning the statues via console, then mining them and killing the stalker doesn't do anything. We will try regenerating our Caves once more. Shame.. there's already so much road paved there :/

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I remember reading them saying that things you already destroyed before the update won't come back. They retrofitted what they could, but it only goes so far. I think it's pretty awesome that they were able to retrofit all the content in a mostly-correct manner in the first place.

Yeah, I had lost hope for this world entirely, so it is pretty cool we get to keep it. We also got the oasis set piece right smack in the middle of Dfly's arena which I think is pretty special and funny to see. In fact it overtook her middle magma pool, where she spawns. Don't know if it's a common occurrence or not.

2 minutes ago, pofil said:

Yeah, I had lost hope for this world entirely, so it is pretty cool we get to keep it. We also got the oasis set piece right smack in the middle of Dfly's arena which I think is pretty special and funny to see. In fact it overtook her middle magma pool, where she spawns. Don't know if it's a common occurrence or not.

Wouldn't it worth a try to regenerate the whole caves shard? Not only the ruins, but the whole world, but withouth the surface shard of course. This way you would get a caves with ruins that will have everything regeneratable, but wouldn't lose the cool upperworld. I'm sure it's possible, I read it earlier on the forums, though I never tried it and cannot guarantee how it exactly works. 

(Not the most legitimate way, but hey, we want to have fun, right? ;))

36 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

Wouldn't it worth a try to regenerate the whole caves shard? Not only the ruins, but the whole world, but withouth the surface shard of course. This way you would get a caves with ruins that will have everything regeneratable, but wouldn't lose the cool upperworld. I'm sure it's possible, I read it earlier on the forums, though I never tried it and cannot guarantee how it exactly works. 

(Not the most legitimate way, but hey, we want to have fun, right? ;))

Yes, that's what we are doing next. It's done by deleting the Caves folder in ~/Documents/Klei/DontStarveTogether/Cluster_ID/ for your respective cluster (slot) where the game is hosted, assuming of course you are self-hosting the game on windows :D

Archived