[Game Update] - 215079

Spoiler
14 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

boom-roasted-qcdpcg.jpg

This is improper meme use.
Go to the maymay shame corner until you feel the weight of your actions.

Edited by Weirdobob
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, The Curator said:

Wonder how long they plan on jerking the community around with these filler updates, before they actually do something.

Or are they literally bidding their time before they sneak something important into one of these inconsequential fix updates.

Will you stop complaining already? Before ANR all of these "filler" updates happened regularly. So this is just back to the norm. Now that ANR is over expect to see more little updates like this with bug fixes, some rebalancing and occasionally a small piece of new content.

• Like 18

4 hours ago, The Curator said:

Oh wow really. Developers aren't omnipresent. Never knew that. You are genius for figuring this out.

Actually was referring to the fact that the developers have made no real statement or acknowledgement to games transition from ANR, and thus right now the entire game is in an obscure stasis where the community knows absolutely nothing about what is supposed to be happening. Which is highly unusual and awkward for a company to do to their playerbase when a game is in the post stages of its life, and thus the game and community are depending on the developers updates to keep it fresh. You know, that whole thing.

It was a well discussed topic before and after the Metheus puzzle because the developers then and now have said nothing about what they are actually doing; since they have reached the end of the road map they originally laid out. 

Perhaps some people forgot about this entire concept. Perhaps.

Can we go one update without complaining about the developers not adding ANR content or Metheus puzzles every small bug fix? 

Also IIRC Klei left us pretty in the dark after every post-beta major content expansion. RoG wasn't announced right after caves ended and Shipwrecked wasn't announced right after Rog ended. DST sort of just sunk in while we weren't looking. They update in major update cycles, usually in beta updates they give you a clearer plan when they think they know what they want to do. After DS Beta ended they just said "Wait up there'll be more content after this, this is just the beginning!" and after that caves happened. Not too keen on the events after RoG ended but I know we didn't get news of DST or Shipwrecked after for a long time. DST got out of its beta a while ago, originally it just got everything working, then it started to merge RoG content in, and then caves. They were really nice and tried to tell us what they were working on for the future of DST, Through The Ages, but that DLC got remade into ANR, the first major content expansion of DST. We just had a major content expansion, I honestly appreciate that they're ironing out all the bugs post-launch instead of waiting a couple of years to fix them in a giant bug-fix patch. Don't expect an ANR every couple of months, expansions like that take lots of planning and make major changes and cuts daily, not to mention they deserve a break after working on DST straight for like 2 years. 

• Like 15

5 hours ago, Weirdobob said:

I remember when Klei said they were going to do some specific focusing and content based around PvP

:C

A man can dream...meanwhile a smallbird sheds a tear.

5 hours ago, cactusarms said:

I want ImdaMrL and minespatch as playable characters.

Warg character or riot. Only way I can live out my majestic fursona.

5 hours ago, cactusarms said:

Yes it will be glorious and flup from sw is playable character too. Fluo should have death lazer and can make food and rare items rain from the sky.

x7lMR7v.png

• Like 10

7 hours ago, The Curator said:

Wonder how long they plan on jerking the community around with these filler updates, before they actually do something.

Or are they literally bidding their time before they sneak something important into one of these inconsequential fix updates.

You sound a little impatient. What if this is meant to be like that ? Klei will never tell you on what ''secret'' content they are working. That's why they posted that video with Charlie picking the rose when you finish the Metheus Puzzle, to tease us, but we don't know if there will be a new character 100%. We may have seen a face behind that portal but that for me sounds more of a speculation. For sure they are working on fixing bugs and on the new content at the same time. Any gaming community will want faster, free and big content updates which some may have new cool stuffs etc, but these bigger updates take some time. Look how Valve behaves with their Half Life community. They made a game but they didn't finished it, but some of them still have some hope and are waiting for all these years. You are just mad because you may think they (Klei) ignore us and they push these fixing updates just to make us blind, it's not true at all. You forget that they are reading the forums and take most of the suggestions and feedback in consideration. Sometimes they don't have to tell you ''Hey guys, we are reading the forums'' to let you know they are doing it. I know I sound like I kiss Klei's hands, but I see them different from many other gaming companies. I am really grateful of these free updates, for me doesn't matter if they will add or not any new content after A New Reign. I will play the game as long as they will push small and significant updates. Simply loving Don't Starve Together. Stay strong Klei !

Edited by Mananu
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Spaartan said:

I would rather a triumphant, GOH or survivor skin for it along with the helmet. Would take a while to do it though

Well, if you know someone that can make Spriter projects copying vanilla ones...

seriously, I can make variant items for anything if we have a spriter project that correctly shows its vanilla/skinless version
well, completely new things would be stalled a bit because I desperately need a different mouse for anything precise, but still, we have everything shown available plus some extra

Edited by Pyr0mrcow
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, The Curator said:

Which is highly unusual and awkward for a company to do to their playerbase when a game is in the post stages of its life, and thus the game and community are depending on the developers updates to keep it fresh. You know, that whole thing.

How this is unusual ? Pretty much every game do this...

And a lot more game are a lot more dependant of the developers updates to keep it fresh. At least, DST has mod.

• Like 2

Some people, if you gave them a free car, would complain that the gas tank was only 3/4 full when they got it. If I were a gaming company that just gave the players of its most popular game a ton of new content for FREE, it would be a disincentive to me to keep doing cool stuff like that if it seemed like the players not only didn't appreciate it but looked on me as an incompetent who was jerking them around.

Fortunately, that's not the way the vast majority of the players on this forum feel. ANR (and all the seasonal events) has been an awesome gift and a lot of fun, and we appreciate it!

• Like 6

All I want to say here is:

I love how even the FIRE in that picture is smiling!  How adorable is that?  :D

(Also endothermic firepits are pretty freaking looking already; I once ran into somebody who thought it was either a rare skin or a mod.  He was totally clueless and had NEVER spent a summer not in the caves, but that's beside the point...)

...Notorious