*Suggestion* Making Wilson useful

I agree that Wilson lacks, the fact that his beard hair can be obtained through simple means for other characters and that his bread is really only good for the first winter makes me feel like he lacks the benefits of team survival. Give the guy some potions or allow him to create structures that other characters can't think of, He's a freaking scientists. Not only that, maxwell gave him a ton of knowledge in the first game in the trailer/opening, so I know for a fact that he's capable of more than what were giving him.

Wilson needs to be given something truly interesting and niche, and something that fits in with his character.

Being able to craft some sort of tier-3 science machine using endgame materials like Steel Wool would give him this much-needed niche, although I recognize that this idea is quite radical. Perhaps the new research station would allow all players to prototype and craft new recipes such as advanced healing items and ranged weapons (since there aren't many of them currently). Machines that automate the cooking of food and maybe even some kind of cure (or permanent vaccine?) for disease.

There wouldn't need to be much of a counterbalance to this considering that this endgame station would be an enormous investment, and the items would be suited more for endgame use.

Archived