Desert biomes not spawning at all

Hi all,

Have just spent about 2 hours spawning in 20 different maps only to not have a single desert biome spawn (console commands to reveal map).

At first I thought it may have been secondary to mods, for which I disabled. Then I thought it may have been due to map options (land branch many, loop never) or map size.

Even the vanilla option (of biomes classic, nothing else selected) has no success. It's super frustrating, I have servers further advanced with the antlion/oasis loaded in, but I no longer wish to play them (wanting a fresh start with a better character).

Anyone else experienced this problem?

I may have misunderstood and I may also not be remembering correctly, but I believe that if you set the "Biomes" in world options to classic it generates a valnilla world without RoG content, thus no desert or deciduous. Again I may be mistaken.

Thanks for the replies.

Sorry, I may have misreported myself. ROG is enabled, with no other options clicked except for biomes = classic and caves enabled. Just tried another round of 10ish maps, still no desert biomes! I think I'm broken.

Archived