SUCCESS getting Tungsten by smelting Wolframite

Step one: Put a regulator made from Wolframite in a vacuum box.

Step two: Run the regulator beyond overheating temp and spend tons of additional wolframite repairing it.

Step two point five: Watch the regulator sloooowwwwlllyy heat up.

Step three: Watch the regulator hit 3199 K and eagerly anticipate it popping like a pinata and dropping 200kg of juicy Tungsten candy.

Step four: Cry as the game crashes when the regulator hits 3200 K.

EDIT:

SUCCESS! : D

nPv43t7.png

The box simply needed to be bigger! Oh and it did drop 200kg, just as a liquid first which condensed into multiple piles of Tungsten. Now to move on to testing in a real game without using cheats for the easy set up. I shudder to think how much wolframite was spent on repairs to make this....

5 hours ago, Maverick42 said:

Step one: Put a regulator made from Wolframite in a vacuum box.

Step two: Run the regulator beyond overheating temp and spend tons of additional wolframite repairing it.

Step two point five: Watch the regulator sloooowwwwlllyy heat up.

Step three: Watch the regulator hit 3199 K and eagerly anticipate it popping like a pinata and dropping 200kg of juicy Tungsten candy.

Step four: Cry as the game crashes when the regulator hits 3200 K.

what do you mean by regulator?

1 hour ago, Mast3r07 said:

I think it's the thermo regulator, but it won't heat up as fast as liquid tepidizer away from water(bug).

For real? Will have to try that, hadn't even considered it an option because I assumed it self-regulated.

Archived