Achievements? WHAT?

Just now, Onetel21 said:

I'm afraid i don't understand the question.. :wilson_hurt:

Why, are there achievements on PS4 and not on pc? I mean, I know that you NEED to submit achievements for your game on the PS network but they didn't add 1 or 2 or 3 to just be able to publish the game, they added like 20 damn achievements, sorry. I'm feeling really sick right now

Oh.. it's probably because you can cheat on PC by using mods to get an easy game and the "~" key to open up the console and input codes to give yourself godmode and/or increadibly strong items on day 1, or even jump straight to day 70 :D 

1 minute ago, Onetel21 said:

Oh.. it's probably because you can cheat on PC by using mods to get an easy game and the "~" key to open up the console and input codes to give yourself godmode and/or increadibly strong items on day 1, or even jump straight to day 70 :D 

That's not available on PS? I didn't even know...

3 minutes ago, Hirridok said:

Why, are there achievements on PS4 and not on pc? I mean, I know that you NEED to submit achievements for your game on the PS network but they didn't add 1 or 2 or 3 to just be able to publish the game, they added like 20 damn achievements, sorry. I'm feeling really sick right now

devs were forced to put achievments into the game because psn would not allow no achievments.

Please no achievement on PC.

5 minutes ago, Hirridok said:

mean, I know that you NEED to submit achievements for your game on the PS network but they didn't add 1 or 2 or 3 to just be able to publish the game, they added like 20 damn achievements, sorry. I'm feeling really sick right now

Because if you have to do something, it's better to do this with some honest work, rather than just some achievement to pretend there are some.

1 minute ago, Lumina said:

Please no achievement on PC.

Because if you have to do something, it's better to do this with some honest work, rather than just some achievement to pretend there are some.

Sigh... you are right

still, the normal DS could have achievements, but this is not the right forum, bye :)

Well i  mean someone could make the effort to make a mod for achievments actually. I would do it myself since i like achievments too and my opinion is it wouldnt effeckt DST much at this point, people that dont like achievments can simply ignore them. So modding it would be a good solution anyway but i cant coding so :P.

3 hours ago, Deathlord Avon said:

Well i  mean someone could make the effort to make a mod for achievments actually. I would do it myself since i like achievments too and my opinion is it wouldnt effeckt DST much at this point, people that dont like achievments can simply ignore them. So modding it would be a good solution anyway but i cant coding so :P.

Oh really I disagree and here's my proof.
this rant by @jesuisralph

1) Upon joining "Where's the base?"

2) Trophy hunters/Liars (it's a HUGE problem in the PS4 DST community) these trophy hunters doesn't care about the game, they just want to join someone's dedicated server to take the easy way out to earn all the PS4 DST trophies. I've had these type of players joining my previous worlds just to earn trophies, they come into my base storming through the chests, taking mats to build duplicate items (eg. science machine, alchemy engine, shadow manipulator, etc...) just so they can earn the trophy for building it.

-I had a webber player who did this and had the audacity to ask me to go out and get him nightmare fuels & bunnies so he can build an extra shadow manipulator "Can you get me nightmare fuels and bunnies, I need to build a shadow manipulator". I booted him out after I saw that he build multiple items in the base for trophy purposes, he wasn't the only player that did this to me though. Most just come in and wants me to TAKE CARE of them so they can earn their trophies for surviving for 70 days. These players literally does NOTHING to contribute, they sit in the base eating all the food, making demands and just stay as useless as ever...

After going through so many of these incidents, I've decided to start a new world with password protected to avoid leeches/lazy players who wants to take the easy way out to earn the trophies but it didn't stop people who I thought I could trust from doing this to me.

-Had a "trusted" PSN friend who joined my password protected server to try to earn the "Domesticate a wild beefalo" trophy, he picked a beefalo started to ride it and then he took ALL the food I made from the fridge to feed the beefalo and FAILED to domesticate a beefalo (he always brags to be an expert in DST & usually put people down who he thinks isn't on his "level") yet failed to understand the basics he got attacked by the beefalo he was trying to domesticate because it was mating season, he said "great, I just lost all progress to domesticate this beefalo", even I knew that players have to use beefalo hat during domestication in case of mating season... this guy is far from expert anyway, he raged more and left my server after using a lot of resources. After this incident, I changed the password, this guy didn't know that I changed the password but he goes and share my old password to a bunch of his DST friends.

-I've received a lot of PSN messages from randoms asking if they could join my world so they can earn achievements (they were very direct about it), I would tell them no, they would say "I know your password, its ***************" which is how I knew that guy shared my old password to other random players to come in and use my server to earn trophies. I'm glad I acted quickly and changed the password after he rage quit my server, otherwise randoms would be entering my world if the password was still working.

-Random trophy hunters who lies to try to get into my world to earn trophies. They send me a PSN friend request, then messages me asking for the password to enter my world. I ask who they are and why do they want to come into my world, they always say "I'm bored, I want to help you. I'm pro in DST". I've never asked for any help, especially from strangers who sent me a friend request and randomly messages me like that, so whenever I get messages like this I always check their PSN profile DST Trophy progress and they have not even earned the Survive 20 days trophy, let alone the trophies for killing bosses.. I confront them and they still say this "I'm pro, I promise.. I have everything down in PC version" lol, I still decline letting them into my world, they go and start sending me a bunch of PSN sad emojis and voice recordings of them crying or some weird stuff. 

PS. This actually happened to me, my world is 2611 days now and I get targeted a lot by randoms wanting to join. I'm not making anything up, I have all the PSN messages of these people but I don't think I could share it here in the forums.

3) Players who lack common courtesy and have no manners.

-They ask if they can take something to use, but after a while they call it their own. Had a player who asked if he could take Glommer for a walk & Chester to gather resources, after a while he died and said "Don't touch my stuff, don't take my Glommer and Chester!!!!!" 

-Players/Trolls who take rare items saying they will go kill Ancient Guardian, explore the cave, etc... Takes all the good weapons, rare stuff... go into the caves and then leaves the server. Leaving the host to go scavenger hunt for all the items.

-Players who take bunch of stuff just to logout/leave the server. This is literally STEALING, once they logout/leave the server with the items in their inventory there's NO way for the host to retrieve it.  I've lost a krampus sack along with many other rare items which is why my server is no longer open to the public.

-Users: Players who has their own big world, asks you to help them in return they will help you back in your server but once you're done helping them in their world, they never keep their promise and ignores all of your PSN messages but still sends another invite to their world to help them again. 

-Players who starts to make random unwanted modifications to your base without your consent.

-LAZY players who sits in the base using all of the resources from chests and never refills it but demands you to go gather more for them. "We are out of rocks, are you near rock biome? Get more, pls"

4) Trolls/Griefers/Jerks

-Webbers that joins random servers just to plant their spider egg in the portal to kill other players (I've seen a lot of this lately, even in official Klei servers. I've joined a few official klei only to be attacked by a tier 3 spider den in the portal)

-Wickerbottoms that plants tentacle traps in the portal to kill players. (This is by far the worst thing I've experienced upon joining random public server, the server that had this trap at the portal, had the server title: Help kill Ancient Guardian, it was nothing but a trap to lure innocent players in to get killed in the portal.) I joined this server in hopes to help the host kill Ancient Guardian only to see a pile of skeletons in the portal and tentacles trying to slap me to death.... 

-Base burners, when I started to play DST I've encountered these type of players who burned down my base and because I was new to the game I didn't know about rollbacks.

-Players who set a public server without password but kicks & ban anyones who wants to join. What's the point of having it open if you don't want players to join you? I don't get it. When I was semi-new, I would try to join random worlds to try learn more & play with them but they always ban/kick me right at the start when I'm still picking my character without any warning. 

I really enjoyed getting the trophies on PS4. I made a solo world and got the platinum that way. Took me about 100 in game days

22 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

Oh really I disagree and here's my proof.
this rant by @jesuisralph

1) Upon joining "Where's the base?"

2) Trophy hunters/Liars (it's a HUGE problem in the PS4 DST community) these trophy hunters doesn't care about the game, they just want to join someone's dedicated server to take the easy way out to earn all the PS4 DST trophies. I've had these type of players joining my previous worlds just to earn trophies, they come into my base storming through the chests, taking mats to build duplicate items (eg. science machine, alchemy engine, shadow manipulator, etc...) just so they can earn the trophy for building it.

Yea I read that post on the ps4 section, but it seems really doubtful/exaggerated. I have about 50 hours on Ps4 DST and I've literally never encountered 1 trophy hunter

@Donke60

PC players don't know what PS4 players go through in DST. 

Having achievements will attract more players who just want the achievements for their collection than players that actually wants to play the game (these players are called "boosting trophy hunters": http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/don-t-starve-together/301682-trophy-boosting-thread-read-first-post.html I assume their purpose is to just get the trophies for their collection and delete the game.

People will join other people's dedicated server just to use it to earn achievements, there players have zero manners & if you have your world with password protected/or friends only that has more than 1000+ days you'll get a lot of friend requests & harassments through PMs (I don't know how Steam works but on the PS4 console, players can send friend request to others and send private PMs, voice chat parties, etc... which enables people to harass others, I've been harassed a lot by randoms who sent me friend requests to try to get into my world so they can earn PS4 trophies the easy way. Some even try to reason their harassments saying this: "What's the point of playing DST if you don't want to let people into your world, if you want to play alone play the original version instead." My response to this is: I purchased Don't Starve Mega Pack which came with all the DLCs + DST, I'm entitled to play DST alone or with whoever I want." and he still calls me a "d*ck". If Klei forums allows me to show the PSN messages I've gotten I could take screenshots of it and post it here)

I think the reason why PC players don't have achievement is because PC players have a huge advantage that console players don't have. PC players have the ability to spawn bosses, weapons, rare items, etc... this will make the achievements not really an "achievement" if you know what I mean  since you can just take advantage of the cheat system and earn everything easily. PS4 players actually have to grind, farm stuff to prep to kill bosses, etc... We can't just spawn things like PC players thats why most of the people who sends me friend requests/PSN messages gets mad at me for not letting them into my world to take the "easy way out" to earn achievements. I'm not saying most PC players will use the cheat thing to spawn items but PC players have the advantage to do so, maybe this is why you guys don't have achievements.

And YES, Sony requires devs to add trophies to the game they want to publish for PS Vita, PS4 and PS3 so every game has to have trophies in it. 

- New server setting to choose if Achievments can earned on the server or not.

But as i said already making a mod would be the good solving for the problem probably.

Edit : U can simply just put some checks into the code to prevent earning achievments when X stuff was made via console, spawning with mods like too many items is another question but probably somehow possible too maybe.

And from what i know is Klei want Freedom in their games and no Straight direction even when we have the Lord and a bit of story going on the game itself is fully free the Season coming in is probably the only straight thing u need to face anyway, but for that Klei added World settings to avoid even that when needed.

Trophy Hunters are maybe a bad thing yeah but as already said there is ways to prevent it but another point is even for totally new players achievments could give a bit of directions not everyone likes to be thrown into a world and is all on his own not knowing what to do. One maybe comes now and saying well simply dont play Dont Starve then if u dont like it how it works, but thats why modding is a thing it gives the possibility to making the game to ur own pleasure without the force waiting for offical new updates. And i see other Survival Games that having Achievments without any harm to their game trophy hunter players are probably people u dont want anyway to play with be happy they buy the game giving the devs money and delete after getting the trophys.
And to prevent stuff like this above there are ways to prevent it just like kickvote system got revamped to improve the troll kicking.

Best Regards

3 hours ago, Josonic said:

I have about 50 hours on Ps4 DST

Thats not a lot of hours for what type of game DS is.

3 hours ago, jesuisralph said:

request to others and send private PMs, voice chat parties, etc... which enables people to harass others, I've been harassed a lot by randoms who sent me friend requests to try to get into my world so they can earn PS4 trophies the easy way. Some even try to reason their harassments saying this: "What's the point of playing DST if you don't want to let people into your world, if you want to play alone play the original version instead." My response to this is: I purchased Don't Starve Mega Pack which came with all the DLCs + DST, I'm entitled to play DST alone or with whoever I want." and he still calls me a "d*ck". If Klei forums allows me to show the PSN messages I've gotten I could take screenshots of it and post it here)

Steams messaging is similar to PSN messaging

3 hours ago, jesuisralph said:

I think the reason why PC players don't have achievement is because PC players have a huge advantage that console players don't have. PC players have the ability to spawn bosses, weapons, rare items, etc... this will make the achievements not really an "achievement" if you know what I mean  since you can just take advantage of the cheat system and earn everything easily. PS4 players actually have to grind, farm stuff to prep to kill bosses, etc... We can't just spawn things like PC players thats why most of the people who sends me friend requests/PSN messages gets mad at me for not letting them into my world to take the "easy way out" to earn achievements. I'm not saying most PC players will use the cheat thing to spawn items but PC players have the advantage to do so, maybe this is why you guys don't have achievements.

Thats not the reason as @Lumina pointed out there was an interview about DS when it first came out that explains why they didn't have achivements for what it did to the players when they added a simliar system in Beta. Most people who play DS on the pc are full aware of what counts as cheating and are fully aware of the Dev console. In most cases unless its for moderating or testing in a game the Console is not opened if the player whats to take the game seriously..

14 minutes ago, Josonic said:

I really enjoyed getting the trophies on PS4. I made a solo world and got the platinum that way. Took me about 100 in game days

Yea I read that post on the ps4 section, but it seems really doubtful/exaggerated. I have about 50 hours on Ps4 DST and I've literally never encountered 1 trophy hunter

Sure, doubtful/exaggerated.. I just make things up: http://imgur.com/a/MPivS

50 hours is nothing comparing to 2 months playing w/ almost 2700+ days on my 5th world. I had to rebuild, delete and redo worlds due to trolling.

2 minutes ago, Deathlord Avon said:

I dont know anything about PS4 DST but Pc even has rollback features when there comes a troll anyhow throught simply go back before he comes in problem solved.

Do you get the stuff back even if the other player has it in their inventory? Like if they took a krampus sack, went to the caves then logout. I try to message him back asking if he is gonna come back or not but he ignored me and later deleted me off his PSN friend's list. If you rollback do you get all the stuff back? I tried rolling back but never got the krampus sack, and the thulecite items he took.. I rolled back days before this person who was a friend joined and did this to me, never got anything back. I think it stays with that person's inventory. 

But when u have that bad experience u just should ignore the enitre discuess when someone spams u like this with begging and stuff to be in just play only with Friends on ur main Server like the 2k one. And for the public purpose and still being on ur own server use sub servers when people there trolling it doesnt hurt u much at all and u can easier spot people that are just greedy when ur world isn that old and still play with u from early days.

10 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

@jesuisralph gib me chans...I'm sorry I can't get over how they can't spell "chance"

And sorry you had to go through all of that, I'm way more happy that DST doesn't have achievements now.

He sent me 2 voice messages, it's him making sounds of himself crying. Which was the weirdest thing I've ever gotten.

Archived