Seasonal Events only on overworld/ only in caves

Is there a way to make the overworld have a different seasonal event than the caves world? (have the overworld on the christmas event, and the caves world on the halloween event)

By the way, this actually happened to one of my worlds due to a bug, but I don't know how to reproduce it.

A more direct file based method is to have the server offline/saved, and then go into each shard's session file and find:

topology={<STUFF HERE>,overrides={}

Then ensure overrides is written to be:

overrides={specialevent="winters_feast"}

Other valid fields are defined in constants.lua:

SPECIAL_EVENTS =
{
    NONE = "none",
    HALLOWED_NIGHTS = "hallowed_nights",
    WINTERS_FEAST = "winters_feast",
    YOTG = "year_of_the_gobbler",
}

Do note that this is post world generation and as such special event items spawned at the start of the map won't exist.

Doing the copy-paste route will break all wormholes and will need a fixup for that.

I take it by the shard's session file you mean this?

Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1\Caves\save\session\(Bunch of letters and numbers)\0000000003

I found the topology section in there and typed specialevent="hallowed_nights", in the overrides. There was no winters feast mob drops in the cave (I had my world on winters feast event) but there also were no halloween mob drops either.

Is that the file you were talking about or did I do something wrong?

19 hours ago, MathiusXII said:

I take it by the shard's session file you mean this?

Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1\Caves\save\session\(Bunch of letters and numbers)\0000000003

I found the topology section in there and typed specialevent="hallowed_nights", in the overrides. There was no winters feast mob drops in the cave (I had my world on winters feast event) but there also were no halloween mob drops either.

Is that the file you were talking about or did I do something wrong?

Yeah that's the appropriate file location.

As for the creatures not dropping items the item code has been removed and was applied as a hotpatch during the seasonal events as far as I can tell.

The PigKing will still give candies and the bag is craftable, at least.

Probably not what you're lookin' for.

35 minutes ago, MathiusXII said:

Aww what??? Why would they remove the halloween candies from dropping from mobs?? The Christmas candies still drop from mobs. I'm sad now. Thanks for letting me know though.

The Christmas stuff should still drop as per the components/lootdropper file line 295.

I don't see any code anywhere for it to drop the Hallowe'en candy unfortunately.

Archived