More character "downsides"

For example:

Woodie: Higher chance of spawning a Treeguard. Should discourage idiots from taking down a forest.

Wigfrid: Higher chance that more spiders spawn by attacking a nest. Should discourage idiots from ruining nests.

And so forth.

1 hour ago, Sudura2017 said:

For example:

Woodie: Higher chance of spawning a Treeguard. Should discourage idiots from taking down a forest.

Wigfrid: Higher chance that more spiders spawn by attacking a nest. Should discourage idiots from ruining nests.

And so forth.

I'd agree with having this, we always need more Dark Swords, and tents are always nice to have am I right? They work as some pretty good side perks, and with this werebeaver's treeguard damage bonus should get some more use.

39 minutes ago, Astroknot said:

I'd agree with having this, we always need more Dark Swords, and tents are always nice to have am I right? They work as some pretty good side perks, and with this werebeaver's treeguard damage bonus should get some more use.

It's an upside downside :p Thinking of one for Maxwell with shadow creatures maybe?

3 hours ago, Sudura2017 said:

It's an upside downside :p Thinking of one for Maxwell with shadow creatures maybe?

Not really more of an upside I agree with the Woodie one though I think that should be for poison birchnuts as well.

Just now, Donke60 said:

Not really more of an upside I agree with the Woodie one though I think that should be for poison birchnuts as well.

It is a downside for griefers & noobs.

It's a minor upside for good players :p

Maybe targeted by the Birchnutters rather than the other players?

3 hours ago, Sudura2017 said:

t's a minor upside for good players

I still disagree Spiders are resource gold mines and in Wig case as easy as clicking the the mouse button.
Woodie I guess could be but thats only for the poisons as treeguards as time itself.
Know I don't want aggro perks like that they make weird things happens
Poison burchnuts and treeguardians are guardians of there respective tree. So the character who likes chopping them more should get increased spawns of both. You shouldn't pick and choose when it comes to a perk like this.

For wig if you wanna go this route it should be everything spawns more or everything will have a higher prioity attacking her.

Just now, Donke60 said:

I still disagree Spiders are resource gold mines and in Wig case as easy as clicking the the mouse button.
Woodie I guess could be but thats only for the poisons as treeguards as time itself.
Know I don't want aggro perks like that they make weird things happens
Poison burchnuts and treeguardians are guardians of there respective tree. So the character who likes chopping them more should get increased spawns of both. You shouldn't pick and choose when it comes to a perk like this.

For wig if you wanna go this route it should be everything spawns more or everything will have a higher prioity attacking her.

Everything priority on Wigfrid is a nice idea.

7 minutes ago, Sudura2017 said:

Everything priority on Wigfrid is a nice idea.

Maybe make Wigfrid able to do some type of war-cry or something that would aggro monsters towards her, perhaps it could activate if other players around her are being attacked and are at low health. Would make more sense then just making her a monster magnet all the time.

3 hours ago, Astroknot said:

Maybe make Wigfrid able to do some type of war-cry or something that would aggro monsters towards her, perhaps it could activate if other players around her are being attacked and are at low health. Would make more sense then just making her a monster magnet all the time.

But if you do that it just gives her more utilty then she already has plus these are suppose to be some kind of downside.

Just now, Donke60 said:

But if you do that it just gives her more utilty then she already has plus these are suppose to be some kind of downside.

Perhaps it's not voluntary? Like how Willow used to set fires on low sanity, Wigfrid battlecries on high health.

1 minute ago, Donke60 said:

Wigfrid isn't that good of a character right now (In my opinion, she's average), being surpassed by Wolfgang, this would make her more valuable as a tank which appears to be her intended purpose considering combat wise she is inferior to Wolfgang in every way.

3 minutes ago, Sudura2017 said:

Perhaps it's not voluntary? Like how Willow used to set fires on low sanity, Wigfrid battlecries on high health.

Like I said, the war-cry would be involuntary as in it would activate automatically when nearby players are being targeted at low health. So it could still "sort of" work as a downside-upside.

3 hours ago, Astroknot said:

Like I said, the war-cry would be involuntary as in it would activate automatically when nearby players are being targeted at low health. So it could still "sort of" work as a downside-upside.

only if the player knows how to use wolfgang

Archived