[Game Update] - 214724

• Developer
  • Floppy Straw Hat skin can now be applied Rain Hat and Miner Hat.
  • /joy emote can now be used while mounted.
  • Eating or cooking a Mandrake will no longer put Players (other than yourself) to sleep on non-PvP servers.
  • Fixed bug where mounts are unaffected by AoE sleep even after their rider is knocked out.
  • Fixed bug where Bearger can sometimes move at running speed while walking.

View full update

• Like 29

6 minutes ago, V2C said:
  • Eating or cooking a Mandrake will no longer put Players (other than yourself) to sleep on non-PvP servers.

Darn, I'll miss this funny occurrence when the noob that joins the public server eats the mandrake in the chest.

• Like 10

More pay-to-have skins instead of actual content.

Could have used those to make a higher tier Miner and Rain hat.

Nope.

Just more cosmetics most of the community won't use.

Which is ironic, because the straw and rain hat already are almost never used.

So they're making pay-to-have skins almost no body will use, for items already almost never used.

Stellar decision making.

Just now, The Curator said:

Nope.

So they're making pay-to-have skins almost no body will use, for items already almost never used.

Stellar decision making.

then ignore it and move on /shrug.

• Like 25

• Developer
17 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

How did you do that so fast?

Toni. ;)

11 minutes ago, The Curator said:

pay-to-have skins

All of them are dropped for free, you only pay if you want too.

12 minutes ago, The Curator said:

But the part that will use it is quite happy with the addition, I believe.

12 minutes ago, The Curator said:

I think they're lowly but surely releasing stuff. I don't think we'll have actual content release in a while, but maybe some tweaks regarding gamemodes and in-game items functions.

• Like 15

21 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Nope.

Stellar decision making.

Geeze, they literally expand a skin from 1 item to apply to 3 items and you're acting as if they're holding you at gunpoint to buy hats. It only takes a little bit of time to add a neat little continuity feature where when you use an item's skin to craft something it carries the skin over to that part of the item, which is pretty cool and solidifies a survivalist feeling of throwing items together to create new items, and you're acting like they spent 9 years of development on this. We just came off a giant content update, the equivalent of the caves update to DS, don't expect them to immediately start up on a new expansion pack worth of items. Updating happens in periods, and they're ironing things out and adding neat little features that they can work on now that they feel comfortable with ANR. 

Again, They literally made 1 skin worth 3 skins. That doesn't even make us buy any new 5 cents cosmetics. How are they making you pay for anything more when it was already in the game.

Edited by Escaped
  • Like 24

43 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Child-like whining.

It doesn't matter what they release, even in content threads you're on Kleis heels. Replying because you tried to speak for me and the community though, I enjoy these smaller additions in the downtime, because I also enjoy this game and the developers that create them. I use the Miners Hat / Straw Hat constantly. The skin isn't buy-to-have, it's a free drop. Or you can obtain it from trade like I did.

More importantly, I enjoy the constant bug fixes and game tweaks. Some bug fixes already fixed less than a few days after reported. I'm sure I'm not alone, Developers spending time improving aspects of their current game = worth the time.

• Like 15

41 minutes ago, Escaped said:

Geeze, they literally expand a skin from 1 item to apply to 3 items and you're acting as if they're holding you at gunpoint to buy hats. It only takes a little bit of time to add a neat little continuity feature where when you use an item's skin to craft something it carries the skin over to that part of the item, which is pretty cool and solidifies a survivalist feeling of throwing items together to create new items, and you're acting like they spent 9 years of development on this. We just came off a giant content update, the equivalent of the caves update to DS, don't expect them to immediately start up on a new expansion pack worth of items. Updating happens in periods, and they're ironing things out and adding neat little features that they can work on now that they feel comfortable with ANR. 

Again, They literally made 1 skin worth 3 skins. That doesn't even make us buy any new 5 cents cosmetics. How are they making you pay for anything more when it was already in the game.

Do they even make money off of market sells?

3 hours ago, KilliasK said:

Do they even make money off of market sells

Yes its a percent like 5% thats why if you have ever sold anything on the market the amount you want is slightly inflated  because the devloper and steam take a cut.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

Yes its a percent like 5% thats why if you have ever sold anything on the market the amount you want is slightly inflated  because the devloper and steam take a cut.

That's literally 25 cents per floppy straw hat. Klei are economic geniuses. 

• Like 12

Okay, since all of the updates came from suggestions, here is mine.

For each of the Triumphant, GOH and Survivor skins, there will be a character specific item for it too

GOH Wilson=GOH Beard

Triumphant Wendy=Triumphant Abigail/Flower

Survivor Maxwell=Survivor Codex Umbra and possibly Shadow minions

You should probably get what I mean by now. I hope my prayers will be answered :)

• Like 24