The rose and goh poll

Should rose skins come to steam, and goh skins to tencent?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Should rose skins come to steam, and goh skins come to tencent?

33 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Exclusives hold no value to the other platform due to them being locked in completely different economies. Although the ingame rarity of the rose and GoH skins are equal to every other character specific skin. So I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here.

Klei did mention they were timed exclusives. And even if it was a complete exclusive, it wouldn't hurt anyone if they were opened up to everyone. The only people who would get mad would be the ones to take joy in bragging about how they have something you don't.

34 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Exclusives hold no value to the other platform due to them being locked in completely different economies. Although the ingame rarity of the rose and GoH skins are equal to every other character specific skin. So I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here.

Klei did mention they were timed exclusives. And even if it was a complete exclusive, it wouldn't hurt anyone if they were opened up to everyone. The only people who would get mad would be the ones to take joy in bragging about how they have something you don't.

Are you implying there's something wrong with taking joy in having a skin others don't have?

Just now, Sinister_Fang said:

A bit, yes. The reason someone would find joy in having something others don't pretty much boils down to greed.

Taking joy in having skins others don't have is literally the whole point of the rarity system. Do you think they should give the puzzle skins to everyone?

1 minute ago, Josonic said:

Taking joy in having skins others don't have is literally the whole point of the rarity system. Do you think they should give the puzzle skins to everyone?

I take joy in having the skin. I don't take joy in someone else not having it.

Just now, Josonic said:

Do you think they should give the puzzle skins to everyone?

Yes. And they did. For a limited time the puzzle skins are essentially free for anyone involved enough with the community to know about them.

2 minutes ago, Josonic said:

Taking joy in having skins others don't have is literally the whole point of the rarity system.

I thought the point of the rarity system was to make some skins more rare to encourage trading.

Just now, Sinister_Fang said:

Yes. And they did. For a limited time the puzzle skins are essentially free for anyone involved enough with the community to know about them.

I thought the point of the rarity system was to make some skins more rare to encourage trading.

I like how you slipped in "if involved enough in the community", so basically your answer is no, you don't think everyone should have the puzzle skins.

I thought the point of the rarity system was to take pride in the skins you have earned. Afterall, you can't even trade skins on PS4.

I don't think it's so much SHOULD have the puzzle skins, as, if they're not involved with the community they wouldn't even _know_ about them in the first place.  It's not a MERIT thing.  It's a _happenstance_ thing.  People who aren't invovled with the community don't miss the puzzle skins because they're less worthy. They miss them simply because of lack of information!

Anyway.  (stands on a soapbox and pulls out a megaphone)  DEATH TO EXCLUSIVES!  ALL SKINS FOR ALL PLATFORMS!  SAY NO TO PLATFORM SEGREGATION!

(Seriously, when the Rose skins first came out, I was like, "They BETTER not be exclusive.  Not really.  Not truly.  They're NOT...right?  RIGHT?! and we still...don't...have them.  I really hate that kind of business practice and I hope Klei fixes this SOON.)

And I mean that both ways around.  I don't want Steam to have skin sets that TenCent doesn't, either.  Crush the barriers and let everybody have (potential) access to everything!

Besides.  If the Rose skins exist on Steam, they'll be rare, and some people will therefore pay _money_ to get them...

...Notorious

4 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

I don't think it's so much SHOULD have the puzzle skins, as, if they're not involved with the community they wouldn't even _know_ about them in the first place.  It's not a MERIT thing.  It's a _happenstance_ thing.  People who aren't invovled with the community don't miss the puzzle skins because they're less worthy. They miss them simply because of lack of information!

Anyway.  (stands on a soapbox and pulls out a megaphone)  DEATH TO EXCLUSIVES!  ALL SKINS FOR ALL PLATFORMS!  SAY NO TO PLATFORM SEGREGATION!

(Seriously, when the Rose skins first came out, I was like, "They BETTER not be exclusive.  Not really.  Not truly.  They're NOT...right?  RIGHT?! and we still...don't...have them.  I really hate that kind of business practice and I hope Klei fixes this SOON.)

And I mean that both ways around.  I don't want Steam to have skin sets that TenCent doesn't, either.  Crush the barriers and let everybody have (potential) access to everything!

Besides.  If the Rose skins exist on Steam, they'll be rare, and some people will therefore pay _money_ to get them...

...Notorious

I'm very aware of the community and I literally can't get the puzzle skins (I'm on PS4). I have a feeling from your post that you would think PS4 users should be able to get the puzzle skins. If so, how would you go about that. Give them out to everyone on PS4? Give them out to everyone in general? or Develop some system to be able to complete the puzzle and link it to your PS4 account (quite a lot of work for the devs)? Or perhaps there's some option I'm not considering?

11 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

...Notorious

Agreed. I'm sure there are skins that TenCent users would like to have but can't have them because they're steam exclusives. 

2 hours ago, Tosh said:

I've needed rose Wickerbottom in my life for as long as I can remember...

Same I need that hair chakram.

2 minutes ago, Josonic said:

I'm very aware of the community and I literally can't get the puzzle skins (I'm on PS4). I have a feeling from your post that you would think PS4 users should be able to get the puzzle skins. If so, how would you go about that. Give them out to everyone on PS4? Give them out to everyone in general? or Develop some system to be able to complete the puzzle and link it to your PS4 account (quite a lot of work for the devs)? Or perhaps there's some option I'm not considering?

It honestly doesn't seem too hard to implement a little mini-game on the DST PS4 main menu so you can also participate in the puzzle with a friend, I don't know why they haven't tried that.

Just now, GiddyGuy said:

Same I need that hair chakram.

It honestly doesn't seem too hard to implement a little mini-game on the DST PS4 main menu so you can also participate in the puzzle with a friend, I don't know why they haven't tried that.

Maybe just give the PS4 players a randomly generated set of symbols/number tiles at the end of the Credits or somewhere secretive.

3 hours ago, GiddyGuy said:

It could be sony they do have to check every update for DS thats why Ps4 players get updates later because it has to go through screening.

36 minutes ago, Josonic said:

They're working on it:

5 hours ago, Chris1488 said:

It's already been confirmed that the Rose Collection will come to Steam, and vice-versa with the Formal Collection and Tencent. So just saying this poll is kinda useless...

Really.

Because the only source for this is a comment from a developer, believe it's JoeW, who says they'll consider it.

So where is the real source factually claiming the Rose Collection will arrive. Because a part of all the hype for it comes from the fact that the developers have said near to nothing about their plans for it. You seem to be the only one who actually claims they've confirmed it.

Okay, good.  Didn't really know about the plans for the PS4 users, but very nice to see that there _are_ some.  There ya go, Josonic.  Several people answered you better than I could.

...and just WHY the hell are you so _hostile_ about this very idea in the first place?!  Seriously, every.  Single.  POST in this thread that's pro-Rose skins you're like...well basically your reply ALWAYS, always boils down to "You're wrong.  And you're stupid for thinking what you just wrote."  You act as if it's vitally important that you rain on everybody's parade.  You just CAN'T let anyone say anything positive in this thread without tearing it down, ripping it apart, and posting some dry, angry-sounding little paragraph.  STOP.  "CORRECTING".  PEOPLE.

I'm not saying you have to be _positive_ about everything all the time either--and let's not even GO down the whole "You're mind-controlled sheeple who lap up everything Klei gives you no matter how flawed!" route because PHRACK that--but, really.  Do you have to refute _everything_ people say in this thread?  Who peed in YOUR cereal this morning?

I mean, what would it hurt if people on both platforms got a new set of skins?  Console players will get them eventually too, so WHY are you so hostile when people talk about Steam getting them?  That's a step towards you getting them too!  Once it's no longer regionally-exclusive...

...Notorious

8 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

...and just WHY the hell are you so _hostile_ about this very idea in the first place?!  Seriously, every.  Single.  POST in this thread that's pro-Rose skins you're like...well basically your reply ALWAYS, always boils down to "You're wrong.  And you're stupid for thinking what you just wrote."  You act as if it's vitally important that you rain on everybody's parade.  You just CAN'T let anyone say anything positive in this thread without tearing it down, ripping it apart, and posting some dry, angry-sounding little paragraph.  STOP.  "CORRECTING".  PEOPLE.

This seems a bit unfair to me. He's just been pointing out that people tend to place more value on things that are harder to get, and that the thrill of finally getting them can't really be separated from the difficulty and rarity. The fact that the rose collection isn't available is a big part of why people are so obsessed with it. It's something you see in the real world all the time.

I suppose as a PS player he's had to learn to be philosophical about it because he can only get the random drops, unlike the rest of us who can buy any skin we want if we have the cash. If I were in that situation, I'd probably have gotten used to the idea that I couldn't have most of the skins I wanted. And everyone ranting about one collection they can't get would probably seem over-the-top and kinda whiny to me, too, like a rich person complaining about the taxes on their vacation home on a Greek island. I don't see him saying people are wrong to want the rose collection, only that he doesn't care that much about it.

12 hours ago, The Curator said:

Really.

Because the only source for this is a comment from a developer, believe it's JoeW, who says they'll consider it.

So where is the real source factually claiming the Rose Collection will arrive. Because a part of all the hype for it comes from the fact that the developers have said near to nothing about their plans for it. You seem to be the only one who actually claims they've confirmed it.

Can you stop trying to kill our rose skin dreams

3 hours ago, Destros09 said:

Can you stop trying to kill our rose skin dreams

Actually he made an objective observation demanding needed facts/credible sources for that statement ("It's already been confirmed that the Rose Collection will come to Steam"). Now the way he did it and how I've seen he usually phrases his replies seems kinda angry/sour. But maybe that's his personality, a bit more cynical and such.

Anyway more skins, either ported existing ones from other platforms or new ones, is a nice thing - aka more customization. And of course bragging will be a part of it, rarity and such as in good motivators for playing and trading. If trading and/or buying electronic goods is a problem, philosophical or otherwise, for some people.. that's their problem.

Archived