The rose and goh poll

Should rose skins come to steam, and goh skins to tencent?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Should rose skins come to steam, and goh skins come to tencent?

Just now, Chris1488 said:

It's already been confirmed that the Rose Collection will come to Steam, and vice-versa with the Formal Collection and Tencent. So just saying this poll is kinda useless...

I think they may be waiting for when something that involves Charlie happens.

To me, Rose Collection doesn't really have too many great skins in it. The characters either didn't change enough to justify a skin (Wendy), look to similar to a previous skin(s) (Wolfgang's Rose looks like a amalgamation of his formal and triumphant skins & Webber's Rose is almost identical to his Survivor), or just look awful (I'm just talking about Wes here). WX-78's is also sort of mediocre in my opinion, though at least its unique and I'm not a big fan of Maxwells either.

Wilson & Woodie are probably the best of the bunch, with Wigfrid & Wickerbottom after them. Willows kind of in the middle ground. I think its alright, but its being overhyped, it really isn't that great.

Of course this is all my opinion, so you could think differently, these are just my thoughts on it.

Still my thoughts, I wouldn't mind if they were brought over, but at this point I think it would be better to just have something new. Were talking about cosmetic items here, I'm not sure if this justifies a poll, especially after it was already confirmed to appear at some point. SW characters on the other hand...

2 minutes ago, Astroknot said:

Still my thoughts, I wouldn't mind if they were brought over, but at this point I think it would be better to just have something new.

I want the Rose Torch, Firepit & Spear

Don't care for characters' skins.

2 minutes ago, Josonic said:

Eh I don't see anything wrong with exclusives for different platforms. As imDamister sort of said, I'd rather them focus on new skins over getting someone else's exclusives

Imagine this: Klei just released 2 new skins sets. 1 for Steam and 1 for Tencent. Now imagine that you thought the skins over on the Tencent platform looked better then the ones on Steam. Well now you can't get the skins you want no matter what due to platform exclusivity.

2 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Imagine this: Klei just released 2 new skins sets. 1 for Steam and 1 for Tencent. Now imagine that you thought the skins over on the Tencent platform looked better then the ones on Steam. Well now you can't get the skins you want no matter what due to platform exclusivity.

I've needed rose Wickerbottom in my life for as long as I can remember...

15 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I play on PS4, I can earn 4 common skins per week, I cannot buy more. I likely wouldn't see any of those exclusives anyways. Even if I was on PC and I had IRL money to waste on cosmetics I still wouldn't be hurt about a different platform getting a different exclusive than me. That's the point of exclusives, is so that not everyone can get it. If everyone got Rose or vice versa than they would become less desirable.

I think when a new skin set is released, everyone should get a skin for the character they have the most playtime on. Yes, that will defeat the point of them being rare, but do we really want to spend more money on character skins than the actual game?

4 minutes ago, Electroely said:

I think when a new skin set is released, everyone should get a skin for the character they have the most playtime on. Yes, that will defeat the point of them being rare, but do we really want to spend more money on character skins than the actual game?

I'd support this. I think a menu in-game that shows your individual playtime for each character would be nice to go with this too.

5 minutes ago, Josonic said:

I play on PS4, I can earn 4 common skins per week, I cannot buy more. I likely wouldn't see any of those exclusives anyways. Even if I was on PC and I had IRL money to waste on cosmetics I still wouldn't be hurt about a different platform getting a different exclusive than me. That's the point of exclusives, is so that not everyone can get it. If everyone got Rose or vice versa than they would become less desirable.

Ok, you didn't seem to understand how exclusivity hurts the consumers so let me try again. Imagine you only have the money for a PS4 or an Xbox one. There's 2 games you really want to play but both of them are exclusives. 1 for PS4 and 1 for Xbox one. Well now you can only have one or the other, and not both.

Although in the above scenario it is possible to have both, but it's rather costly. Now in the case with the Steam and Tencent, not only is it a stupid platform exclusive, but there's also a language barrier. And if you were able to speak both languages, you'd have to buy the game all over again for the other platform. And then likely buy the skins.

Timed or not, exclusivity is just stupid in general.

12 minutes ago, Electroely said:

i.. i can give you a free "Skirt" if you want..!

10 minutes ago, Electroely said:

That seems to be want the developers want considering they are wasting more development time in adding alternate uses for existing skins in order to better justify their cost.

Well, we could use these new Bumble skins to make brand new drops for the Bee Queen. OR we could attach them to that 15$ Bumble Spear skin no body uses to try and make it more worth the cost of the original vanilla game.

Same goes for the T1 magic skins. Most of them included skins no body uses, so for some warped reason the developers figured it would be better to sink more time into a cosmetic no body uses to try and make people use it; instead of just making more actual content. The developers went from releasing a vote system update that completely changed the game for the better, to just releasing additional models for overpriced skins most of the playerbase does not even want.

Just now, Sinister_Fang said:

Ok, you didn't seem to understand how exclusivity hurts the consumers so let me try again. Imagine you only have the money for a PS4 or an Xbox one. There's 2 games you really want to play but both of them are exclusives. 1 for PS4 and 1 for Xbox one. Well now you can only have one or the other, and not both.

Although in the above scenario it is possible to have both, but it's rather costly. Now in the case with the Steam and Tencent, not only is it a stupid platform exclusive, but there's also a language barrier. And if you were able to speak both languages, you'd have to buy the game all over again for the other platform. And then likely buy the skins.

Timed or not, exclusivity is just stupid in general.

I'm not misunderstanding. I agree that exclusivity amongst games themselves is bad and hurts the consumers, although if I were an exec that wouldn't stop me. I disagree that exclusives for cosmetic in game items is bad and hurts the consumers. Skins in DST have a rarity value. Skins are worth more if they are rare. Arguably, the exclusive sets hold a higher value than non exclusive sets, if exclusivity went away then  their value would be drastically less. Also you can't just go back on the promise of exclusivity. If people were encouraged to buy DST based on exclusive skins then it would be unfair to those people to suddenly open them up to everyone.

1 minute ago, Josonic said:

Skins in DST have a rarity value. Skins are worth more if they are rare. Arguably, the exclusive sets hold a higher value than non exclusive sets, if exclusivity went away then  their value would be drastically less.

Exclusives hold no value to the other platform due to them being locked in completely different economies. Although the ingame rarity of the rose and GoH skins are equal to every other character specific skin. So I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here.

4 minutes ago, Josonic said:

Also you can't just go back on the promise of exclusivity. If people were encouraged to buy DST based on exclusive skins then it would be unfair to those people to suddenly open them up to everyone.

Klei did mention they were timed exclusives. And even if it was a complete exclusive, it wouldn't hurt anyone if they were opened up to everyone. The only people who would get mad would be the ones to take joy in bragging about how they have something you don't.

We better have new collections for each. We are hungry to see new designs.
Rose Collections already got old enough to not come to steam and more into game to be in steam than Goh one. I wish we shouldn't had to argue that and steam got Rose Collections earlier.

Archived