Some Features Request

Explanation to first feature in list:

I mean if insert blueprint into science machine it recipe should be available to anyone who is near to science machine. For example, to craft Goggles we can use only blueprint and it's not available in Science Machine or in Alchemy Engine. And in my post I request feature to insert blueprint into machine/engine. So there was no need to find 6 blueprints for 6 players.

The third feature in this list in my opinion is important because nitre is much needed resource and stone boulders from which we can extract it is non-renewable.

25 minutes ago, JellyUltra said:

Moleworm burrows

I don't want destroy the Moleworms population (or burrows is renewable?). I use this to craft rain hat and to extract meat.

petrified forests

After "A New Reign" update I can not find some resources in world, for example: Grass Gekko, Berry Bush (if in world there is Juicy Berry Bush and vice versa) and petrified trees. And I can not solve this problem.

earthquakes

What if in my world not enabled caves?

22 minutes ago, IDMikhail said:

I don't want destroy the Moleworms population (or burrows is renewable?). I use this to craft rain hat and to extract meat.

If i'm not wrong, if the moleworm is alive and the burrow destroyed, it will recreate a new burrow.

34 minutes ago, IDMikhail said:

After "A New Reign" update I can not find some resources in world, for example:  petrified trees

3 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

if you survive long

Now I survive long (if 207 days is long) but I still have not seen petrified trees or biome with petrified trees.

Or maybe I do not understand something and ... hm. What should I do to make trees appear in world?

mgsVnMb.jpg

2 minutes ago, IDMikhail said:

Now I survive long (if 207 days is long) but I still have not seen petrified trees or biome with petrified trees.

Or maybe I do not understand something and ... hm. What should I do to make trees appear in world?

mgsVnMb.jpg

Petrified trees normally show up in forests and grasslands, (and they take the place of normal evergreens) so you might wanna hang around there for awhile and see if anything happens.

I'm not sure what you mean on your first point, are you saying if you insert a blueprint into a science machine it the recipe should be available to anyone without walking up to the machine? Why not just walk up to the machine and prototype it, seems like this feature would save a few seconds at most.

Also as others pointed out, rocks, nitre, and even boulders (in the meteorite field) are all renewable in several different ways so you can take your pick

9 minutes ago, Josonic said:

Why not just walk up to the machine and prototype it, seems like this feature would save a few seconds at most.

I mean if insert blueprint into science machine it recipe should be available to anyone who is near to science machine. For example, to craft Goggles we can use only blueprint and it's not available in Science Machine or in Alchemy Engine. And in my post I request feature to insert blueprint into machine/engine. So there was no need to find 6 blueprints for 6 players.

4 minutes ago, IDMikhail said:

I understand what you mean now. Doesn't seem like a bad idea.

The Backpack and the Armor using the same slot is a game design choice im not sure if that will get changed ever, and it also makes a part of the difficult of DST out. For me personally i dont like it too and just using the extra equip slot mod to solve that problem exactly right.

as told above u have multiple ways to gather the resources u mention and if this isnt even enough for u still install a mod that fixes that, or u change the world settings when creating the world and add more perti trees or fix the issue with starting grass gekkos etc..~

For the Blueprint submission it isnt bad at all and actually a good point but otherwise u would need killing a boss or gather the blueprint once what would making long term running servers nothing special to do after surviving this long except surviving more.

Best Regards

20 hours ago, Chris1488 said:

Trust me, if you survive long enough in a world you'll be flooded in petrified trees for nitre.

Finally I found petrified trees forest. I have two questions about this trees.

1. Now if I will chop down this trees, this forest will disappear. What should I do to restore petrified trees?

2. If I will plant a tree using pine cone this tree will be transform to petrified tree?

cP7R667.jpg

Just now, IDMikhail said:

Finally I found petrified trees forest. I have two questions about this trees.

1. Now if I will chop down this trees, this forest will disappear. What should I do to restore petrified trees?

2. If I will plant a tree using pine cone this tree will be transform to petrified tree?

You just gotta replant a bunch of evergreens around the place and wait for them to petrify again (though that might be awhile).

16 hours ago, IDMikhail said:

From what I've seen, it seems like it should. I've only seen trees petrify when near one that's already petrified (although trees will randomly petrify to begin the spread, but this process usually takes a long time). So if you leave one petrified tree alone and plant normal trees near it then they should get petrified eventually.

If you're really dedicated, and my observations are true, you could plant a trail of trees from the petrified area all the way to an area around your camp. That way you'll have easier access to farming them.

Archived